Never Again....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Idk i think we all feel the same way after a loss. We just look or wonder in amazement. How during the offseason everything seemed so promising and now they are so frustrating to watch.

And despite all that each sunday we are all ready to either go to the game, tailgate, invite friends over, or just sit in front of the TV to watch them play and root for a victory.

This team has talent so i'm not giving up on them but man they need to do better and fast.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I 100% agree with your thoughts on developmental picks and needing vet leadership, but you lost me on Dunbar. He looks so slow out there that it's reminiscent of the 'Spoon debacle. His leadership resume includes being arrested in the offseason and completely flat-lining in his talent after busted for PEDs. The Rams could do a lot better.

Well I guess more of what Dunbar was in his first season with the Rams. He had some big hits at key points and he acted like he has been there before. The Rams now make big plays at key times...for the opposition. They need a Rey Lewis on he field to pump them up and hold them accountable.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I think this team is being re-built following the model of several successful teams where we build through the draft and then sign a few key FAs. You will always lose some of those players you drafted but you lock up the key players. As long as we can keep a decent core, we should have a cohesive group and team leaders. I can dig this direction and I also would like to see the coaching carousel stop. How has THAT worked out for us?
I agree about the coaching carousel in regards to the head coach. But I do think we need better coordinators. Williams has a least some success in the past, but I'm not sure this is a "scheme" style defense. Schotty just doesn't cut it to me. I think we can be much more dynamic.

AZRamsFan93

They turned over the roster to the tune of 65-70% in Fisher's first year
Fisher came to St Louis because a) they paid him a ton b) he's had basic control of player decisions and basically picked the GM
The "pieces" he had to work with? Bradford? out. C Long? out. Saffold, almost gone. Quinn? Having awful year. Laurenitis? Mediocre player. Kendricks? having poor year.
He inherited a 2-14 team that was up against the cap.
He did not inherit a 7-9 team
You have pointed out key players that Fisher inherited that are either hurt or playing well below expectations this year. In a previous post you stated "This team was worse off than any expansion team". I don't know many expansion teams with Bradford, Long, Quinn, Saffold already in place.

I am not an advocate of changing the coaching staff at this point. Fisher, in my book, gets a pass due to the Bradford injury (although his complete commitment to a talented yet unproven QB coming off a severe knee injury without drafting a QB is fair to question - but that is for another thread). I also do not subscribe to the "we are on the right track" line of thinking either, at least not until some of these unproven youthful players prove out to be difference makers in the NFL on a consistent basis. IMHO, that has not happened.

Maybe we will start this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
With a whole bunch of different players averaging in age around 6 years younger,and continuing to get younger,old team 7-9 no future young team 7-9 future I pick the later,but you knew that:whistle:
Yeah, it's an argument we're never going to agree on, and the truth is probably somewhere in between us. :)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, my heart got stomped this year.....However, I think this team is not far from being good, imo..........Also, the loss of Chris Long is painfully evident. Without him, Robert Quinn can't do what he did last year