Nevada Oddsmaker CG Technology Predicts 6.5 Wins For The Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Oddsmaker’s 2014 win totals reflect skepticism about Cardinals, Chiefs, Panthers
Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 10, 2014

michael-floyd.jpg
AP

The Cardinals, Chiefs and Panthers all won double-digit games in 2013. The Cards were competitive in the NFL’s toughest division, and the Panthers and Chiefs each made the postseason.

However, Nevada oddsmaker CG Technology appears willing to risk that those clubs will not play nearly as well in 2014 as they did a season ago.

CG (formerly Cantor Gaming) released its regular-season win total props last week – wagers where bettors can choose whether a team will go OVER or UNDER a certain number of victories. And of the 32 NFL teams listed at CG, only the Cardinals, Chiefs and Panthers had regular-season win totals at least three games lower than their number of 2013 regular-season wins.

The Panthers, who were 12-4 in 2013, have a 2014 win total of 8.5 at the CG sports books. The Chiefs (11-5 last season) check in at eight wins at the CG books.

The Cardinals, meanwhile, have a 2014 win total of just seven after finishing 10-6 in 2013. In short, those who want to take the Cardinals to go OVER the CG win total just have to hope for an 8-8 record.

That seems like a low bar for Arizona to clear.

Right?

Well, the Cardinals do have to face the 49ers and Seahawks twice next season, and they were a combined 1-3 against the NFC West’s best a season ago. What’s more, the Cardinals merely split a pair of games against the Rams, giving Arizona a 2-4 division record. If the Cardinals can’t improve on that record, they would have to go at least 6-4 in their non-division slate to reach .500.

It’s important to note that win total props are a reflection of how oddsmakers believe a team will be viewed by the betting public. While the props take into account oddsmaker expectations for the clubs, the bets are tailored to reflect expectations of how bettors will wager upon these teams.

One example: the Texans, who were 2-14 last season, have a win total of 8.5.

Let’s suppose the Texans had a win total of, say, 4.5. Well, you would probably have to get in line to back Houston at that price — and it probably wouldn’t be on the board for long.

Here are CG’s 2014 win totals for each NFL team:

49ers, Broncos, Seahawks: 11 wins

Packers, Patriots: 10 wins.

Saints: 9.5 wins.

Bengals, Colts, Steelers: 9 wins.

Bears, Eagles, Panthers, Ravens, Texans: 8.5 wins

Chargers, Chiefs, Cowboys, Falcons, Lions: 8 wins

Dolphins: 7.5 wins

Cardinals, Giants, Redskins: 7 wins

Bills, Browns, Buccaneers, Jets, Rams, Titans, Vikings: 6.5 wins.

Raiders: 5 wins.

Jaguars: 4.5 wins.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I would be willing to bet all of my ROD money on the over. The only way I see them winning less than 7 games is by massive, massive (you know what I won't even say the word to avoid the jinx). It would be highly shocking if the Rams don't win at least 7 games.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Before free agency and the draft. This means nothing. Are we just replaying 2013 at this point?

Not to mention the whole "Any Given Sunday" saying.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
How do I put real money on that? Rams > 6.5 wins.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Rookies are going to propel the team to the post season?

As in adding a good veteran OL with a very talented Robinson at LG. If Saffold can stay healthy, and the addition of a talented CB in Dennard/Gilbert...I don't see why not. The combination of new blood with a healthy Bradford, why not?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Id take the over in that bet in heartbeat...in fact I just might

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The hate of the Rams by the media is just shocking to me... Why are we always predicted to be the bottom of the barrel?

nighttrain

Legend
I would be willing to bet all of my ROD money on the over. The only way I see them winning less than 7 games is by massive, massive (you know what I won't even say the word to avoid the jinx). It would be highly shocking if the Rams don't win at least 7 games.
agreed
train