Netflix comedy specials

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see a lot of live comedy and I do tend to prefer edgy comedians like Doug Stanhope, Anthony Jeselenik and Jim Jeffries, but Jimmy Carr is up there with his ability to

We went to see him about 4 weeks ago in Plymouth here in the UK not realising he'd already filmed a Netflix special of the material earlier on in the tour. I'd have gone anyway and it was fun watching it again last night.

As unwoke as you can get and not all the gags hit, but some very funny stuff that many will be highly offended by.

In style, he's closer to Jeselnik than Stanhope, but uses a lot of puns a bit like Gary Delaney for those of you who know who he is.

I also watched the new Jim Gaffigan special, Comedy Monster, last week. He seemed a tad edgier than his normal self, even saying bastard once and intimating at gay biker sex. If you like Gaffigan you'll enjoy it. If you're meh or don't like him, it won't convert you.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Watched the new Ricky Gervais special, Armageddon last night on Netflix.

If I listed my top 20 comedy specials of all time, I think possibly all of his previous ones would be in there. And Animals and Politics would be in the top 3, but this felt like it was rushed at best and a cash grab at worst.

The material felt old and rehashed, and the constant need to explain himself (Jimmy Carr has started doing this, so maybe on a deeper level they are fearful of being taken literally and cancelled) was a bit tiring.

There were some funny bits with the cultural appropriation joke very funny and clever, but I'm not sure I need to see him use the handjob action in any more specials. It was very funny the first time and pretty funny the second time, but now it feels/looks more like a metaphor for him milking the Netflix coffers.

I still love the guy and will watch his next one because even comedians have bad days at the office.

I also watched the latest Trevor Noah special. Pretty good, but very few laugh out loud moments.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I miss when Comedy Central had stand up. January was stand up special month and every weekend had a new comic.

My favs on Netflix are Hasan Minhaj, Vir Das. Need to watch the new Trevor Noah.

Psycho_X

Legend
I always loved the Louis CK specials but then he had to go and get himself cancelled.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I always loved the Louis CK specials but then he had to go and get himself cancelled.
I saw him in a seedy comedy dive club in Tampa when he was starting to tour again about 4 years ago.

I was literally about 3 feet from him my knees jammed against a stage that was barely 2 feet high, and his opening joke was 'I used to play arenas'

He was fucking brilliant - one of the darkest sets I've ever seen (and I've seen Doug Stanhope 8 times and Jim Norton). He was obviously very bitter about the whole thing. Understandably IMHO.

A comic genius.