Nelson spruce left practice with a walking boot

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's turning out to be another amendola and hasn't even hit the field yet:sick::sick:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Too bad. I was hoping to see a few snaps from him this season. Hope he can make it back.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Oh good grief. Effin Spruce man, the dude was an iron man during college and now he can't stay healthy wtf. Hopefully it's cautionary, but yeah I'm gonna assume this dude will end up not doing squat for us the remainder of the year. Might even end up cut for that matter.

Bummer.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
He's playing in the big boy league now.
People are a lot faster, stronger and hit a lot harder than college.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
What a f'n tragedy. Like seriously? We rely on these guys who are supposedly good on the field but they never see the field. I don't get it...We either have a lot of sickbay commandos on this team, or a crappy physical training staff...

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Honestly don't need him this year, I do want to see cooper play though.

Ellard80

Legend
There aren't any targets available for Spruce anyway honestly.

We have 3 receivers getting a lot of targets... plus kendricks,

then gurley and Cunningham.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
This team doesn't use WR 5 or 6. A few years ago, Givens was a great deep threat, and he never even tok a regular season snap. Spruce is an Amedola/Welker type, but we will never give him a snap.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Spruce becoming like Brandon McGee & Dan Curley.

Last edited:

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This team doesn't use WR 5 or 6. A few years ago, Givens was a great deep threat, and he never even tok a regular season snap. Spruce is an Amedola/Welker type, but we will never give him a snap.
Right now we don't need him right now. Higbee, tavon, marques, and even Quick have been in the slot

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm a bit perplexed by the Spruce injury streak myself. The dude was durable in college and the preseason game that he hurt his knee in seemed to be more of the fluke type. So now here we are 10 plus weeks later and he's in a walking boot?

Lets hope it's just a minor foot/ankle strain from over compensation with the knee recovery/rehab. I still have hopes for Spruce getting some targets in the 2nd half of the season.

The good thing about Nelson is he looks the part of a pure natural and could just jump right in a live game making some great snags with those sticky mitts of his.

Get yourself mended up Spruce, we want to see if your preseason heroics were the real deal!
ambulance2.gif
________
lowtide.jpg

nelson-spruce-of-the-los-angeles-rams-runs-the-ball-down-field-during-picture-id589466806

JackStraw

Rookie
I'm sick of hearing about this kid. If one solid pre-season game gets you excited refer back to the thousands of other duds who once had a great pre-season game only to never excel in the NFL.

Rams have 3 legit WRs, a wait and see with Cooper, a waste of space Marquez and a waiting for a miracle Mike Thomas. Along with pass catching TEs Kendricks and hopefully one day Higbee(doubt it)

So I guess the only thing Spruce would add is not much needed depth which isn't a factor whether or not this team has a winning season. There's lots of Spruces out there in rookie FA land.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hope he mends up and gets on that field. His skill set is definitely something this WR corps lacks and I truly believe (like Florida Ram) that he can jump straight in and produce when healthy. The talent is there.

Plus...we are all looking forward to breaking out the 'SPRUUUUCCCCCEEE' chant!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Can I call him injury-prone now? :hiding: Where's my stalker at? :D

And personally....I don't want to see him...or cooper...I do wanna see Mike Thomas...and I'd guess, so do the coaches..

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Dude sure can catch the ball and, unfortunately, the injury bug. I don't see him ever taking the field for us. He's been out since week 2 of preseason. Just a shame he can't stay healthy.