Ndingdong Suh best FA since Reggie White

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Manning is overrated but the guy who could not tackle a toddler isn't?

I would love to see the rams sign Donkey Kong Suh. I know it wont happen, but putting him on that D-line would ruin every single OC and QB's week. Inking him is only a Jake Long and Scott Wells away; I'm just saying.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will give u Deion but Manning is just as overrated as Suh in my book

I don't think it's possible to be an overrated 14 time Pro Bowler, 5 time NFL MVP, and 10 time All Pro. Not to mention the fact that Manning has averaged 4954 yards, 44 TDs, 12 Ints, and a 107.8 QB Rating a year while in Denver.

Nah. That's pretty much the opposite of being overrated. And that's the definition of being a better FA than Suh.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Manning is overrated but the guy who could not tackle a toddler isn't?

I would love to see the rams sign Donkey Kong Suh. I know it wont happen, but putting him on that D-line would ruin every single OC and QB's week. Inking him is only a Jake Long and Scott Wells away; I'm just saying.

Inking him is more than a Jake Long and a Scott Wells away. Releasing those two saves us $11.75 million. Signing Suh will cost us $16 to $18 million a year.

That's just too much money for this team to pay another DL.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The bozo put up the wrong headline.

suh is the best thug to hit free agency.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Inking him is more than a Jake Long and a Scott Wells away. Releasing those two saves us $11.75 million. Signing Suh will cost us $16 to $18 million a year.

That's just too much money for this team to pay another DL.

I'm not suggesting we do it, because I'm not a fan of Suh as a teammate, but you could cut Chris Long.

In essence trading one big contract for another and getting a younger player.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
theres a reason Detroit is letting him hit FA.

Like I said, I don't like the player-person, but the biggest reason they are letting him go is Stafford and Calvin Johnson have contracts that average more than $20MM per season the next 3 seasons.

You can only have so many big contracts like that per team.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I don't think it's possible to be an overrated 14 time Pro Bowler, 5 time NFL MVP, and 10 time All Pro. Not to mention the fact that Manning has averaged 4954 yards, 44 TDs, 12 Ints, and a 107.8 QB Rating a year while in Denver.

Nah. That's pretty much the opposite of being overrated. And that's the definition of being a better FA than Suh.

+ million. 1st ballot HOF is never overrated.

Athos

Legend
Raiduhs have the coin and dirty-play history to sign him. I really could see him going there.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@mortreport Ndamukong Suh will sign with #Dolphins on Tuesday based off parameters around $114 million and $60 million guaranteed

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I dunno - Suh is pretty special. I'd say the Fins D just got a lot better. That is a QB contract though ...

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
what an absurd contract. nice job selling the farm. I doubt they'll get their money's worth. Aaron Donald will be breaking that contract record in a few years ;)

paceram

Pro Bowler
Stupid Question! What happens to a player's guaranteed contract (Like Suh's 60 million?) if they get hurt and can't play anymore? Does that player's guaranteed salary still count against that player's teams overall cap space or are there safeguards against that happening to teams? I would think that would cripple teams if they had some high priced players (Kind of like Jake Long and Sam Bradford for the Rams) but have major injuries preventing them to play.