Ndamukong Suh wants to play in New York

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/28/report-suh-wants-to-play-in-new-york/

Ndamukong Suh to play in New York
Posted by Mike Florio on September 28, 2014

suh.jpg
Getty Images

It’s a given that Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suhwill hit the open market in March. With a franchise tag that would exceed $26 million and the plug pulled on contract talks during the season, it makes no sense for Suh to accept an offer from the Lions after the season ends but before he becomes a free agent.

When Suh becomes a free agent, he’ll have interest in playing in New York, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. Suh realizes the potential benefit of being in the Big Apple, especially with Jay-Z serving as his marketing representative.

Of course, the Jets or Giants would have to be interested, too. There’s no indication that either team will want him. According to Schefter, the Bears and Cowboys definitely will be.

Regardless of where Suh plays next year, it’s becoming obvious that the chances of Suh staying in Detroit are floating somewhere between slim and no effin’ way.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Playing in New York would be the worst thing possible for Suh IMO. He would be even more under the microscope than he is now. And we all know hes a hot head...

Philly5

Rookie
There won't be a lot of options for Suh given the money he thinks he is worth.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He's far from a bust, but worth nowhere near what he got paid or what his draft slot was. I know salaries were different then and that's how it goes but his pay and problems have the Lions thinking "bubye" I'd bet.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
The Giants could possibly use him it seems, but there's no way he'd play for the Jets. They already have a ton invested in their line. And the media focus in NY would be awful for him.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Giants could possibly use him it seems, but there's no way he'd play for the Jets. They already have a ton invested in their line. And the media focus in NY would be awful for him.

He'll go where the biggest payday is, that's what every player does on their second contract.

He may be on SKahn's payroll next year.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
He'll go where the biggest payday is, that's what every player does on their second contract.

He may be on SKahn's payroll next year.

Yeah, I know. Was just trying to say there's no way the Jets would bring him into a different scheme in a position they're already stacked at.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah, I know. Was just trying to say there's no way the Jets would bring him into a different scheme in a position they're already stacked at.

I know, I didn't mean to sound like that, I was adding to your thought mostly. They wouldn't spend on him and he's going to let his agent play PT Barnum for sure.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Playing in New York would be the worst thing possible for Suh IMO. He would be even more under the microscope than he is now. And we all know hes a hot head...
The media in New York would have a field day with him and he would only make it worse