NBA Playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Outside of the Rams, my next biggest passion is the San Antonio Spurs and the NBA. I like the new franchises in the playoffs this year-- Toronto, Washington, Charlotte. Of those, Toronto as the best chance to make it to the next round but I expect them to lose to veterans in Brooklyn. If Brooklyn gets past Toronto, the matchup with the Heat will be interesting. They are 4-0 this season against the Heat this year, and Pierce and Garnett have playoff experience against them from their Celtic days. The Heat are NOT better than last year.

My new Duncan jersey came in this week and I'm ready to go! Of course I expect us to go all the way this year.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Outside of the Rams, my next biggest passion is the San Antonio Spurs and the NBA. I like the new franchises in the playoffs this year-- Toronto, Washington, Charlotte. Of those, Toronto as the best chance to make it to the next round but I expect them to lose to veterans in Brooklyn. If Brooklyn gets past Toronto, the matchup with the Heat will be interesting. They are 4-0 this season against the Heat this year, and Pierce and Garnett have playoff experience against them from their Celtic days. The Heat are NOT better than last year.

My new Duncan jersey came in this week and I'm ready to go! Of course I expect us to go all the way this year.

That is the Gold Standard for professional sports franchise operations in this country. Even more so than the Patriots the Spurs are the real deal. I'm pulling for them this year too, I was last year and they were just shy so I'm hoping the Big Fundamental gets it done this year.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Thunder up!!!!

Although they have been unreliable as of late. I don't think Russell Westbrook is a bad player or anything, but for some reason the team was playing much better and more consistent when he was out with injury.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thunder up!!!!

Although they have been unreliable as of late. I don't think Russell Westbrook is a bad player or anything, but for some reason the team was playing much better and more consistent when he was out with injury.

I'm a Westbrook supporter. A lot of ppl criticize his game, but ppl don't realize that if you cut him, you better replace him with someone better. Durant does not need a passer, he needs someone who can make play-- he can create his own shot. When it's the last 2 min of a game, and Durant is doubled, you're SOL if no one else can make a play. Westbrook can beat almost anyone 1 on 1, and defenses have to account for that. You can say they should've kept Harden, but his work at the time was a small sample size, so you had to take the guy you know rather than someone who could've just been hot at time and fell off later.

Angry Ram

I'm a Westbrook supporter. A lot of ppl criticize his game, but ppl don't realize that if you cut him, you better replace him with someone better. Durant does not need a passer, he needs someone who can make play-- he can create his own shot. When it's the last 2 min of a game, and Durant is doubled, you're SOL if no one else can make a play. Westbrook can beat almost anyone 1 on 1, and defenses have to account for that. You can say they should've kept Harden, but his work at the time was a small sample size, so you had to take the guy you know rather than someone who could've just been hot at time and fell off later.

I like the guy too, I think he's been unfairly bashed. I felt so bad for him the way the media ripped him (and James Harden) for their performance in the playoffs. It was fuckin stupid how they got bashed after 2 and 3 years while LeBron James got passes every fuckin year, saying that his team wasn't good enough and other bullshit.

Having said that, I just don't think he and KD gel that well consistently. Something has been off since RW came back. I don't have that much faith in them this year as others, there gonna have a rough time.

FRO

Legend
Outside the Heat, I really like the 4 remaining teams. I too am a Spurs fan, just like their team oriented game and enjoy watching Tim Duncan. I dig bank shots. The NBA has gotten sucky. Too much isolation. Not enough team oriented basketball. I miss when basketball was good.

A55VA6

Legend
I don't like the Thunder so I hope the Spurs sweep them. haha. And I hope the Pacers beat the Heat in this series. Pacers are a pretty nice young team.

I don't know if I'm the only one... but I don't think the Thunder will win a championship with Westbrook at PG. He plays like a SG at the PG spot. They need to move him to SG and have Reggie Jackson control the point. Westbrook is too erratic with the ball and your PG has to protect and distribute the ball, not turn the ball over and shoot 30 times a game.

FRO

Legend
I don't like the Thunder so I hope the Spurs sweep them. haha. And I hope the Pacers beat the Heat in this series. Pacers are a pretty nice young team.

I don't know if I'm the only one... but I don't think the Thunder will win a championship with Westbrook at PG. He plays like a SG at the PG spot. They need to move him to SG and have Reggie Jackson control the point. Westbrook is too erratic with the ball and your PG has to protect and distribute the ball, not turn the ball over and shoot 30 times a game.
I totally agree. I think PGs with score first mentalities screw the team. The best point guards pass first, run the offense, play great D, handle the ball well. I think scoring is a great trait to had, I just like PGs that are facilitators.

Angry Ram

Yup, and I'm a Thunder fan. When KD and RW are playing well, they are amazing. When not, terrible.

Plus, Serge Ibaka being out hurts. Thunder D was terrible before...now it's gonna get worse.

FRO

Legend
Kevin Durant is a throwback style player who is so fun to watch. I root for that guy.

A55VA6

Legend
Yup, and I'm a Thunder fan. When KD and RW are playing well, they are amazing. When not, terrible.

Plus, Serge Ibaka being out hurts. Thunder D was terrible before...now it's gonna get worse.
Thunder are pretty damn electric when they both are playing well.. they are difficult to stop. Man, losing Ibaka hurts them bad. He's the glue to that team in my opinion. They're missing him right now.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Tonight is my NBA "season". The draft lottery is what all Magic fans have been waiting for. Sigh

We have tanked for 2 years now. The TV ratings for the team have dropped 60%+ and the attendance at games has dropped 20%+. But we have 2 chances in the lottery tonight. This is just soooooo exciting.

I fully expect the Celtics and Lakers to "win" higher picks in the lottery tonight. Watch and see how they somehow "miraculously" have their ping pong balls pop up before the small market teams... Oh wait, they don't actually show the ping pong balls... they just TELL us how it turned out. LOLZ

On a Spurs side note.... I used to go to the Spurs games when The Ice Man played. Hope they win.

FRO

Legend
Tonight is my NBA "season". The draft lottery is what all Magic fans have been waiting for. Sigh

We have tanked for 2 years now. The TV ratings for the team have dropped 60%+ and the attendance at games has dropped 20%+. But we have 2 chances in the lottery tonight. This is just soooooo exciting.

I fully expect the Celtics and Lakers to "win" higher picks in the lottery tonight. Watch and see how they somehow "miraculously" have their ping pong balls pop up before the small market teams... Oh wait, they don't actually show the ping pong balls... they just TELL us how it turned out. LOLZ

On a Spurs side note.... I used to go to the Spurs games when The Ice Man played. Hope they win.
Who you hope they pick if the get the first pick?

I was a huge Magic fan back in the day when they had Shaq, Penny, Grant, and Anderson. I felt like they would have won had Shaq not bolted.

A55VA6

Legend

I'm a Nuggets fan, so I'm hoping for a miracle tonight. haha. I want one of those top 3 picks. We have two 1st rounders and we actually give the Magic the worst of the 2.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Who you hope they pick if the get the first pick?

I was a huge Magic fan back in the day when they had Shaq, Penny, Grant, and Anderson. I felt like they would have won had Shaq not bolted.

Those were some good times for the Magic. I used to do some crazy partying with Horace back in those days. Anyway.....

If we land the #1 pick again, I would take Wiggins.

FRO

Legend
Those were some good times for the Magic. I used to do some crazy partying with Horace back in those days. Anyway.....

If we land the #1 pick again, I would take Wiggins.
I'm really intruded with Embiid. I do think he is the next great big man in the mold of Olajuwon or David Robinson, but the injury thing scares me big time. Wiggins is probably the safest bet.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm a Nuggets fan, so I'm hoping for a miracle tonight. haha. I want one of those top 3 picks. We have two 1st rounders and we actually give the Magic the worst of the 2.

Well, I wish the Nuggets luck knowing that Stan K is involved.

As for the miracle... look for that to happen for L.A. or Boston. lol