Navorro Bowman Back By '14-15 Start

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

An MRI revealed that San Francisco 49ers linebacker NaVorro Bowman suffered a torn ACL and MCL in his left knee, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Bowman will have surgery to repair the ACL, but the MCL is expected to heal on its own, the source said, adding that Bowman is expected to be ready for the start of the 2014 season.

Bowman was injured in the fourth quarter of San Francisco's 23-17 loss to the Seattle Seahawks in the NFC Championship Game when two players fell into his planted left knee as he made a play on a goal-line stand.

He appeared to have a fumble recovery on the play, but officials ruled Seattle running backMarshawn Lynch ended up with the ball.

A candidate for the NFL Defensive Player of the Year Award, the inside linebacker was taken off the field on a cart.

Bowman, a four-year veteran, led the Niners in tackles this season with 145.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...vorro-bowman-san-francisco-49ers-torn-acl-mcl

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really really really struggle to believe this.

If this is truly the case, looks like Jake Long should be back in plenty of time.

Alan

Legend
As Sgt. Shultz would say, "I know nothing!", but the article said his MCL was going to heal by its self. Sounds to me like his injury isn't as bad as Long's is.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As Sgt. Shultz would say, "I know nothing!", but the article said his MCL was going to heal by its self. Sounds to me like his injury isn't as bad as Long's is.

I would think a tear is a tear. No?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I have a hard time believing this too.

If Jake's injury is repaired through surgery would it heal quicker? He is a month ahead in the time table and that would make it seem more likely that he would be back in time for preseason.

And Bradford should be ready for training camp????

Alan

Legend
Partial tear vs tear or torn in a different place. I don't know but why does Long's have to be operated on and Bowman's doesn't? Almost has to be a question of severity.

Or a better doctor.

Last edited by a moderator:

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
It doesn't mean he'll be 100% by the regular season. He'll practice but I don't expect him to have any playing time til midseason. I expect Long to practice in training camp, then we'll go from there.

Alan

Legend
I hope you're right about that but I have serious doubts.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I read somewhere earlier today that they have to wait for the MCL to heal before they can do the ACL surgery ,if true I think the assertion he'll be back has a lot of caveats

Alan

Legend
They don't have to wait until it heals, they just have to wait until the swelling goes down enough.

I'm 84% sure of that. Maybe 85%.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
They don't have to wait until it heals, they just have to wait until the swelling goes down enough.

I'm 84% sure of that. Maybe 85%.
Actually, that's happening with Long, so I imagine the same goes for Bowman.

had

Rookie
An MRI revealed that San Francisco 49ers linebacker NaVorro Bowman suffered a torn ACL and MCL in his left knee, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Bowman will have surgery to repair the ACL, but the MCL is expected to heal on its own, the source said, adding that Bowman is expected to be ready for the start of the 2014 season.

Bowman was injured in the fourth quarter of San Francisco's 23-17 loss to the Seattle Seahawks in the NFC Championship Game when two players fell into his planted left knee as he made a play on a goal-line stand.

He appeared to have a fumble recovery on the play, but officials ruled Seattle running backMarshawn Lynch ended up with the ball.

A candidate for the NFL Defensive Player of the Year Award, the inside linebacker was taken off the field on a cart.

Bowman, a four-year veteran, led the Niners in tackles this season with 145.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...vorro-bowman-san-francisco-49ers-torn-acl-mcl

First, that niner loss yesterday made my year. It made the whole freakin' year. How sweet.

Second, Bowman is an outstanding LB, and I feel for him very much, although I am glad his team lost.

I would not be surprised if Bowman never fully recovers his burst after that injury, regardless of timeframes/timetables/road to recovery reports.

That was nasty sh*t.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy

Big fan of the hogans hero show...well played sir

RFIP

Big fan of the hogans hero show...well played sir

Me too, and you're DIS-MISSED!!!
th

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
That play where Bowman was injured was gruesome. Just nasty. I hated watching the replays, especially since they kept playing them to see if the play was a fumble.

I can't believe Long's could be worse than that.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Yeah Long didn't even look like he got hurt.
I think that concerned me as much as anything. It was a non contact injury, like his knee just gave out. Does that speak to that joint being compromised in some way?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think that concerned me as much as anything. It was a non contact injury, like his knee just gave out. Does that speak to that joint being compromised in some way?

I think it was already hurt but he just finished the deal on that play.