Nate Robinson Wants To Play Football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If Chad Ochocino can ride bulls and try out for an MLS team, then why can't NBA player Nate Robinson try out for an NFL team?

NBA guard Nate Robinson's desire to play for an NFL team isn't a publicity stunt. He was recruited to the University of Washington as a football player.

Robinson told SLAM online Monday that should the NBA lockout linger, he would consider returning to the sport that landed him a scholarship at the University of Washington.

"I might go play football," Robinson said. "Do something nobody has tried to do."

Robinson, who won the slam dunk title at All-Star Weekend in 2006 and '09 despite measuring just 5-foot-9, was recruited to Washington to play football. Robinson, who has a 43.5-inch vertical leap, excelled at cornerback for one season for the Huskies before dedicating himself full-time to basketball.

"If I can, I would love to play football a little bit," said Robinson, a first-round draft pick in 2005. "I've been doing a little bit of training."

Robinson, who has one year remaining on his contract with the Oklahoma City Thunder, has football in his blood.

His father, Jacque, was an eighth-round selection of the Buffalo Bills in the 1985 NFL Draft after a standout career at Washington. He capped his college career with an MVP performance in the 1985 Orange Bowl, rushing for 135 yards against Oklahoma.

Jacque Robinson played three games for the Philadelphia Eagles in 1987.

And what if the NFL lockout remains in effect, leaving Robinson with no league to play in?

"If their lockout (the NFL) goes the whole season, then I'm gonna go play basketball overseas," he said.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...robinson-a-former-college-cb-wants-nfl-tryout

I'd like to see his 40 yard dash time.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm a Thunder fan and was hopin he could've played last year backin up Westbrook. The dude can jump. Perfect for a FS, or a WR if he can catch.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:
I'm a Thunder fan and was hopin he could've played last year backin up Westbrook. The dude can jump. Perfect for a FS, or a WR if he can catch.
Why wasn't he playing last year. Dude always seems to be in the doghouse, whatever team he is on. When he's in the game, I've always seen hum play well.

Maybe he's better suited to play football.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
DR RAM said:
Angry Ram said:
Why wasn't he playing last year. Dude always seems to be in the doghouse, whatever team he is on. When he's in the game, I've always seen hum play well.

Knee injury. lol...let's sign him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:
DR RAM said:
Angry Ram said:

Knee injury. lol...let's sign him.
:lmao: Sounds like the perfect Ram to me.