Name that Fear

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
i am not a man of many fear. My only real Phobia is I don't want to be on the same block as a snake. But I have another one that I don't talk about much because it seems a little crazy. I've googled it but haven't been able to find a solid answer for if its a legit thing or I'm just crazy.

I have a fear of standing next to something, usually a tall building..and looking up at it. I can stand at the top and be fine, but that view looking up messes with me bad. Even walking around St.Louis, I have to keep my view straight ahead so I don't look up at all. I've never felt it standing next to ships or large rocks. Anything over 3 stories gets me. Anyone ever heard of this?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
"I have a fear of widths." - Steven Wright. :)

Mine is heights and I'm also claustrophobic.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
i am not a man of many fear. My only real Phobia is I don't want to be on the same block as a snake. But I have another one that I don't talk about much because it seems a little crazy. I've googled it but haven't been able to find a solid answer for if its a legit thing or I'm just crazy.

I have a fear of standing next to something, usually a tall building..and looking up at it. I can stand at the top and be fine, but that view looking up messes with me bad. Even walking around St.Louis, I have to keep my view straight ahead so I don't look up at all. I've never felt it standing next to ships or large rocks. Anything over 3 stories gets me. Anyone ever heard of this?
Sounds like you don't like you personal space being compromised.
Maybe it's a form of claustrophobia.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

Quarterbacks in the NFC West increasingly suffer from this, looking up after being sacked: Donaldphobia.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
My list is a long one. The ocean, sharks, spiders, snakes, centipedes, mother-in-law, fast drivers when I'm a passenger, flying, dentist ....I could keep going but I'll just get to the worst one of them all.

This fucker right here.
potato_bug.jpg

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
My list is a long one. The ocean, sharks, spiders, snakes, centipedes, mother-in-law, fast drivers when I'm a passenger, flying, dentist ....I could keep going but I'll just get to the worst one of them all.

This freaker right here.
View attachment 13249
Yeah.
Not a fan of snakes or translucent insects.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I have a lot of fears(snakes, spiders, flying stinging insects, Heights, bad drivers etc) but recently I've had a fear of cutting myself. What I mean is no matter if I am at work on laying in bed or watching a movie, out of np where I imagine accidentally cutting off the tip of a finger while making dinner. Ofc when I am actually making dinner it is amplified but regardless, it pops into my head at random moments and freaks me out. Hate it. Only started a few months ago too.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I fear confined spaces. I could never crawl in a cave, or a cramped tunnel.

View attachment 13259

That would be on my list too. It's different from claustrophobia, as mine is more the fear of being trapped and panicking.

Heights is definitely another for me. Not so much being up high, more so being in a high location without the feeling of safety. For example... I think I could do this, because I know it's safe.

But this, would scare the crap out of me:

FEMA_-_17980_-_Photograph_by_Marvin_Nauman_taken_on_10-12-2005_in_Louisiana.jpg

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
wasps. i'm allergic to most (scientific rationale) and i hate the effin noise they make (psychological rationale). for this reason, i love chemical poisons in aerosol form.

side note: never been stung by a honeybee. they're too busy working to be *ucking with me. however, it seems that the welfare wasps have all day long to piss around with me since they dont seem to have any other job or usefulness other than being annoying. menards sells chemical aerosols thankfully and is close by.

heights use to be an issue, but has gotten easier to deal with as i age (basically i stay as close to planet earth as possible now). i did a few roofing jobs after high school (no safety straps etc like the above picture)----bad news about that job is that wasps (see above comments) LOVE to hang out with you while you are working on a roof, because thats what unemployed insects like to do with their free time.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I've always been terrified of public speaking. Anybody that has ever met me would be shocked by that revelation but it is all too true. And later in life, I've become claustrophobic. That's kind of ironic since I've been trained and served on Confined Space Rescue and Hazmat teams. The last time I had to suit up in a Level 1 Hazmat suit pushed me over the edge. You can't get out of one of those suits on your own and that just doesn't sit well with me anymore.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This photo scares the ever loving shit out of me.

image.jpeg

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
wasps. i'm allergic to most (scientific rationale) and i hate the effin noise they make (psychological rationale). for this reason, i love chemical poisons in aerosol form..

Here in western Maryland we have tons of them every year. About ten years ago I was mowing the lawn when I ran over a nest of ground wasps. They swarmed me and stung me over and over. I did something you're not supposed to do, I found the nest and lit it on fire. Then I found a suit complete with a hood on the internet that can be worn to give you protection from the little bastards.

We also have copperhead snakes here that are worth keeping an eye open for. In fact where I live used to be called Copperhead Mountain. Yikes!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I have a few

1. Snapping turtles that lurk in my pond - they can remove your toes if you wade too deep when the waters's murky

2. Friends that drink too much and start talking about shadow men who appear at night - get that shit out of here, not interested in your spooky life

3. Witches - good or bad. The ones I come across have claimed to be "white" witches - I call bullshit on that, there is no such thing. Whenever I have come across a so-called white witch, trippy stuff happens that can be chalked up to pure coincidence but is just too eerie to discredit as anything other than witchery!!

Freaky
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

This freaker right here.
View attachment 13249

What the fuck is that thing?

We should get rid of them right away.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Toads. Creepy little buggers. And they always hop away at the VERY last second when I mow the lawn.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Social anxiety. In a span of years up until age 25 or so I was skinny, and just an outcast sorta speak.

Flash forward to age 25. I did everything on my own, built solid muscle in the gym , ate very strict, slept 8 hours per night and got all inked up (top notch, tasteful work) and boom! The attention I received was overwhelming. I didn't have a clue how to handle it. To this day I still struggle with social anxiety. Two things have helped; epic music and Mary Jane.

I'm 35 now.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I used to be afraid of public speaking and still am to a degree, but I was still able to teach classes to the military and after doing it a bit I eased up. Still was always nervous but just kept thinking if I was one of the students, I really wouldn't care that much about the teacher and jushit any shit over with. And also I know more than then on the subject. It's really all about relating to them. Once you zone in on that it becomes a lot easier.

I was always afraid of flying stinging insects, but my fears were truly amplified when at around age 10, at my mom's friends farm in Sumter County FL, a wasp landed and got stuck on my sock and strong me twice, and my mom freaked out, and not in a good way because I couldn't swallow the benadryl and she was embarrassed. Really a shitty moment. Stung twice and my mom was being an asshole cause I was embarrassing her. Fucking wasps!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm absolutely terrified of heights. It's so bad that I can't even look at a view from a window.