N.E trades G Logan Mankins to Bucs for T.E Tim Wright and 4th round pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
There must be something that only the Patriots know about Mankins. Imagine the rage this board would have if we gave Saffold up for that?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
There must be something that only the Patriots know about Mankins. Imagine the rage this board would have if we gave Saffold up for that?

Just what I was thinking. He held out for a big contract last year. Maybe they are convinced the found a cheaper yet adequate replacement, or maybe Mankins skills are starting to erode?

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Does this imply anything about Gronk?

I don't think so. I think it's just an attempt to fill that "move TE" role they've been missing since Hernandez, well, you know...different role than Gronkowski, who is the in line guy. Could say they're not that psyched about Amendola though.

Regarding Mankins, I think he's fine, it's just that the Patriots tend to try and move on a year too early rather than a year too late. Remember they said the same things about Seymour and he still had a couple of decent years in Oakland.