My WTFRU player of the week is....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This season has had me scratching my head so much I'm going bald...

Instead of blaming the refs
(which I do and firmly stand by)
or the coaches
(what the hell is going on Gregg Williams??)
I've decided to point my questions directly at the players who are seemingly nowhere to be found.

So... WHERE THE F^CK ARE YOU MICHAEL BROCKERS???

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I don't think Brockers was that bad this week. He didn't show up in the stat sheet much, but he was still drawing double teams with regularity, and the defense overall was pretty stout against the run. Can't see that happening if Brockers was getting pushed around too much.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think Brockers was that bad this week. He didn't show up in the stat sheet much, but he was still drawing double teams with regularity, and the defense overall was pretty stout against the run. Can't see that happening if Brockers was getting pushed around too much.

My issue is that he is in his third season, a high first round pick who should be coming on as a force. He has been very quiet so far.
I guess I just expected much more from him.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I've been a bit hard on Brockers myself actually and have expected more from him - but for what its worth I actually thought he did ok the other night. Improved performance from him. That said its very difficult to focus on and see really what's happening on every play on the offensive and defensive lines for an armchair fan like myself.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Brockers played good against the run but did not beat the blocking for the pass. It's frustrating to watch!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
My issue is that he is in his third season, a high first round pick who should be coming on as a force. He has been very quiet so far.
I guess I just expected much more from him.

He's never going to be a guy that makes a lot of splash or wow type plays, I don't think he was brought in here for that. He was brought in to plug up the middle, and I think he's done that for the most part. I do think his effectiveness has been hampered a bit this year by the ankle, but it seemed to be less of an issue this week.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
He's definitely not lived up to first round, #14 overall status yet.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was studly last year. The first four games, he was not good. I thought he played solid football against SF. They were saying during the game that he's been hurt and is just now getting over it. Might have played a part?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He was studly last year. The first four games, he was not good. I thought he played solid football against SF. They were saying during the game that he's been hurt and is just now getting over it. Might have played a part?

I most definitely think the ankle has played a part, it also played a part in his rookie year. Given how important getting leverage is to playing his position, the ankle injury gets magnified. Still, he's been a tough guy and played through pain and as we both said, he was good against SF.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
He's definitely not lived up to first round, #14 overall status yet.

DT's who get double-teamed regularly and plug up the middle rarely get big stats. Other than him getting nicked up too often, I'd say he's earning his money. His draft status? That remains to be seen. Let's go back over the last ten seasons and look at the results of our first round picks - notice how things are looking up.

2005 - Alex Barron
2006 - Tye Hill
2007 - Adam Carriker
2008 - Chris Long
2009 - Jason Smith
2010 - Sam Bradford
2011 - Robert Quinn
2012 - Michael Brockers, Brian Quick
2013 - Tavon Austin, Alec Ogletree
2014 - Greg Robinson, Aaron Donald

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
First of all, I know what his role is.
I don't disagree that he played a better game this week. I was at the game and have not seen the broadcast. I was speaking of his impact as a whole.... and hoping that he answers my question by making his appearance felt in a big way against the Shithawks.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
First of all, I know what his role is.
I don't disagree that he played a better game this week. I was at the game and have not seen the broadcast. I was speaking of his impact as a whole.... and hoping that he answers my question by making his appearance felt in a big way against the Shithawks.
I wasn't taking a shot at you. I thought maybe there was something I was missing.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Brian Leonard. Where the hell has he been lately. Where the fuck are you Brian Leonard?

Alan

Legend
thirteen28 with this:
he was still drawing double teams with regularity
But was he really? If Donald played 88% of the snaps and he was frequently double teamed that doesn't add up. Hayes and Quinn would have had to had no double teams at all and even then...I don't know. I didn't look at the game that closely so you might be right but it sure doesn't sound possible.

Did all the double teams you saw come on running plays?

Alan

Legend
RamFan503 wool gathering:
Brian Leonard. Where the hell has he been lately. Where the freak are you Brian Leonard?
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4172/brian-leonard
4172.jpg

Brian Leonard | Running Back
Team: Unsigned Free Agent
Age / DOB: (30) / 2/3/1984
Ht / Wt: 6'1' / 225
College: Rutgers
Contract:
LATEST NEWS
RECENT NEWS

Brian Leonard rushed for 35 yards on five carries in Week 17 against the Saints.
Leonard appeared in all 16 games this season and rushed for 182 yards on 47 carries and caught 29 passes for 179 yards. It was actually his most productive season since his rookie year of 2007 with the Rams. Leonard is set to become a free agent in March and should find a gig as a quality pass protector and third-down back. Sun, Dec 29, 2013 09:27:00 PM

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
But was he really? If Donald played 88% of the snaps and he was frequently double teamed that doesn't add up. Hayes and Quinn would have had to had no double teams at all and even then...I don't know. I didn't look at the game that closely so you might be right but it sure doesn't sound possible.

Did all the double teams you saw come on running plays?

I saw double teams on both running and passing plays. Didn't see many double teams on Donald, or Quinn for that matter (but saw a sh!tload of holding).

Alan

Legend
thirteen28 as he saw it:
I saw double teams on both running and passing plays. Didn't see many double teams on Donald, or Quinn for that matter (but saw a sh!tload of holding).
I've read breakdowns by others that claimed Donald was being double teamed frequently so....

That's a two edged sword if true though. On the one hand, it makes me feel a lot better about Brockers but on the other hand, what does that say about Quinn?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4172/brian-leonard
4172.jpg

Brian Leonard | Running Back
Team: Unsigned Free Agent
Age / DOB: (30) / 2/3/1984
Ht / Wt: 6'1' / 225
College: Rutgers
Contract:
LATEST NEWS
RECENT NEWS

Brian Leonard rushed for 35 yards on five carries in Week 17 against the Saints.
Leonard appeared in all 16 games this season and rushed for 182 yards on 47 carries and caught 29 passes for 179 yards. It was actually his most productive season since his rookie year of 2007 with the Rams. Leonard is set to become a free agent in March and should find a gig as a quality pass protector and third-down back. Sun, Dec 29, 2013 09:27:00 PM
Not urging signing him by any means, but I think this guy is a poster child for Scott Linehan's incompetence.

If you're going to draft a player, use him for what he is. If you don't want or need what he is, draft someone else.

And I really hope we're not seeing the same with Tavon...