My WR trio of choice.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So about that WR draft report.... What up?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So about that WR draft report.... What up?

you-talkin-to-me.jpg

Personally, if you ask me who I want, I think this guy presents the best value:

6'3" 215
4.40 40 time
206 catches, 2800 receiving yards and 15 receiving TDs in the SEC the last two years
His Starting QBs were Austyn Carta-Samuels, Patton Robinette, and Jordan Rodgers

He's a projected second round pick. You heard that right. 6'3" with 4.4 speed, elite production in the SEC with questionable QB play, and he's a projected second round pick. Oh yea, forgot to mention, from all reports, his work ethic and film habits are off the charts good. Phil Savage was taken aback when Matthews asked him for film of the CBs they were inviting to the Senior Bowl so he could study up on them before the week started.

Been beating the horse (is that the correct term?) for him all season, his drop rate worries me a bit, but if we could get him in the second I'd be extremely happy.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
... but I got distracted.
What was her name?

I just don't see why so many of you are clamouring for yet another wide receiver in this year's draft. We have a talented young stable at the position and most people know the old mantra that WRs take three years or so to blossom. Let's give Quick, Givens, Austin, Bailey and company more time; if they continue to underwhelm, we can target one of the top guys in next year's draft.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Nice Highlight tapes on Jordan Matthews... need a deeper look at this kid, not sure how I've not seen him yet :s

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
What was her name?

I just don't see why so many of you are clamouring for yet another wide receiver in this year's draft. We have a talented young stable at the position and most people know the old mantra that WRs take three years or so to blossom. Let's give Quick, Givens, Austin, Bailey and company more time; if they continue to underwhelm, we can target one of the top guys in next year's draft.
I'd be fine if we didn't draft any WR's but i think there's going to be some real quality guys beyond the 1st rd.

Alan

Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...own-receivers-want-to-make-a-name-for-selves/
Panthers’ unknown receivers want to make a name for themselves
At the moment, Marvin McNutt andTavarres King are a little bit of a punch line.

They’re hoping to show they can be more than that.

They’re the Panthers receiving corps at the moment, and they hope their unknown status doesn’t last long. Their names have become synonymous in Charlotte with the exodus of every living receiver with experience, a joke which they have grown accustomed with in recent days.

“That’s expected. I didn’t play last year,” King told Jonathan Jones of the Charlotte Observer. “The fans didn’t know anything about me. It’s expected that they say that. That doesn’t bother me at all. They’ll know who I am this year.”

The Panthers have some degree of expectation for the pair of them. They claimed King off waivers from the Broncos, who cut the fifth-round pick to make a roster spot for Von Miller. McNutt was claimed off the Dolphins practice squad last year, and almost had a catch, but was out of bounds for what would have been a touchdown in the regular season finale.

He’s also a bit of a symbol, as he was the guy General Manager Dave Gettleman signed after releasing project Armanti Edwards, who became representative of former G.M. Marty Hurney’s misses.

“When I came here we were 1-4, and I wouldn’t say they had given up on things, but they wanted some changes,” McNutt said. “They said, ‘You have a big opportunity to come in and work hard like we know you’re capable of doing. There are a couple guys here that will be up for contract so you want to make sure you put your best foot forward because this year or next year you could find a spot.’

“They’re just not going to go all straight young guys. There’s going to be guys they pick up. We have an opportunity to have some fresh faces around and show what we can do at this level.”

The Panthers have six receivers on the roster at the moment, who have a combined five catches for 83 yards and a touchdown. All the stats are from former JaguarToney Clemons and former fifth-rounder Kealoha Pilares, but McNutt and King have the upside of the group.

And they hope at some point you know who they are.
That's why the Panthers have such a sucky team. They don't have a #1 WR.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

Watkins sure looks like the real deal. At the 2:30 mark he makes the Wake Forest DB just look silly. I just don't know if we have the flexibility to draft him where he needs to be selected (Top 5?) however. I think one of the OTs are probably a greater need since our WR corp is still so young and (hopefully) still developing.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Personally, if you ask me who I want, I think this guy presents the best value:

6'3" 215
4.40 40 time
206 catches, 2800 receiving yards and 15 receiving TDs in the SEC the last two years
His Starting QBs were Austyn Carta-Samuels, Patton Robinette, and Jordan Rodgers

He's a projected second round pick. You heard that right. 6'3" with 4.4 speed, elite production in the SEC with questionable QB play, and he's a projected second round pick. Oh yea, forgot to mention, from all reports, his work ethic and film habits are off the charts good. Phil Savage was taken aback when Matthews asked him for film of the CBs they were inviting to the Senior Bowl so he could study up on them before the week started.

I like him as well, especially in the 2nd, and his measurables are obviously impressive. However, he just doesn't seem to be as fluid as Watkins. Who knows how that relates to production but Watkins almost makes it look easy.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
A tandem of Matthews and Matthews somewhere in this draft would definitely work for me. Throw in a Ha Ha, and we win the draft.....again.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What was her name?

Not looking at it as a huge need but we have Veltung and Blake occupying our roster. If a really good WR prospect is there for the taking, surely one or both of those receivers could be upgraded.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Not looking at it as a huge need but we have Veltung and Blake occupying our roster. If a really good WR prospect is there for the taking, surely one or both of those receivers could be upgraded.
Alan is going to get you for that, Stu!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like him as well, especially in the 2nd, and his measurables are obviously impressive. However, he just doesn't seem to be as fluid as Watkins. Who knows how that relates to production but Watkins almost makes it look easy.

I feel completely the opposite. Watkins is faster, more explosive and has more reliable hands. Matthews is the much more fluid athlete. He's effortless in his cuts and has outstanding body control.

jjab360

Legend
I feel completely the opposite. Watkins is faster, more explosive and has more reliable hands. Matthews is the much more fluid athlete. He's effortless in his cuts and has outstanding body control.
When I look at those two guys, I really don't see the difference between a top 5 pick and a mid second round pick. Either one of these guys is getting massively overrated or underrated, imo.