My wishful thinking

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Free agency opens and we sign
Alteranne Verner
And
Hakeem nicks
then go out and draft oline

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would like this, i think a new atmosphere is going to do wonders for nicks. I'm still holding out for Verner and Byrd

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm wishfully thinking that we sign Byrd and Verner.

We really don't need a receiver with our offense. We need O-line, and O-line.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
My concern with signing Nicks is simply that you wouldn't want to sign him for more than a 1 year "prove it" deal...but by signing him for one year you have to put him on the field to see what he's got...so then you take away developmental time from your young guys...only to not know whether or not you intend to retain Nicks or not.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I believe nicks would be an upgrade over a few of our current recievers. Why not target nicks for Bradford. I mean who wouldn't want Byrd and Vernon but let be realistic that's way to expensive even if possible.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So we should just trudge on with Brian quick who has shown nothing in 3 years or sign Sammy watkins(Oh wait no he will just take development time away as well) some times you gotta take risks if the price is right.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe nicks would be an upgrade over a few of our current recievers. Why not target nicks for Bradford. I mean who wouldn't want Byrd and Vernon but let be realistic that's way to expensive even if possible.

This is a wishful thinking thread, now were supposed to be realistic? Agree it is unlikely we get Verner and Byrd but it is in fact very possible

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If Verner is our only splash then im happy.

I'm not holding out for Byrd.

An OG that can hold his own would be great.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Nicks will do a one year contract. With his past 2 seasons he can't expect to break the bank. So kick his tires, but it needs to be a contract that the Rams can walk away from in camp.
I would rather draft a WR but he would be a option if he's cheap.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So we should just trudge on with Brian quick who has shown nothing in 3 years or sign Sammy watkins(Oh wait no he will just take development time away as well) some times you gotta take risks if the price is right.
Quick has been here for 2 years and Bradford only played 5+ games in 2013. He has shown improvement and the team is going to give him a chance to play. How is he supposed to do more if the QB does not throw him the ball? 2 of the nine games started with KC he got 0 targets.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Verner and Schwartz, then Draft Greg Robinson and trade down from 13th to add another 2nd rd pick so we can take an luxury OG in rd 2

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Verner and Schwartz, then Draft Greg Robinson and trade down from 13th to add another 2nd rd pick so we can take an luxury OG in rd 2
Assuming we get Robinson in a small trade down for a second, a quality guard should still be available say at 36,38. Hopefully! Rather have younger guard at a cheaper price through the draft!

Alan

Legend
PressureD41 thinking like Thurston Howell III:
trade down from 13th to add another 2nd rd pick so we can take an luxury OG in rd 2
I wouldn't call actually having a starting caliber LG a luxury my friend. :D ;)

Mr. Howell: Captain, can you give me one good reason why you haven't put up the sail?
Skipper: Yes, Mr. Howell, we haven't got a sail.
Mr. Howell: Can you give me another good reason?