My top 6 questions I have, that may clear up some tonight

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Here are some of my big questions I would hope to get a better/clearer view on tonight after our first pre season game.

#1-Punt & Kick Returners? For me its a solid mud ball as to who are our top candidates are? I have read that Rams like Zac Stacy; Chase Reynolds and Tavon Austin were the main guys on PR but then I read others who say another new trio pops ups. With Injuries to Amdrew Hemick & just now returning Nick Johnson I have read about a Seattle cast off named Justin Veltung getting some action as a returner. Pead could easily join as a top returner also if DR's claim remains. I also read that the current 6th CB rookie Brandon McGee has seen some duty also in this area. Not so sure that Andrew Helmick is going to get healthy enough with that hammy to make the 53 master roster since he left the field during the 11 on 11 drills halfway through a practice on July 29th and has not returned....

#2-The 6th WR? Veltung, Johnson, Radway or Hemick? The first question above will have an important role in this spot. Shotty could lean more as having Jared Cook being more of receiver than blocker, so Cook could fill that spot too.

#3-The H-back/Move TE/Fullback cadre members With Lance Kendrick shelved Cory Harkey has solidified his 53 player roster. Mike McNeil has had a good camp too & looks to make the master roster again in 2013. Now the rest of the pack outside possibility remain unknown but I think we will see more of Philip Lutzenkirchen over the next four games.

#4-The 4th Safety After McDonald, Stewart & McLeod the next spot is mud too. With vet Giordano a total MIA thus far, Matt Daniels second major knee rehabbing event in less than one yr still ongoing..would be the best candidate but they are not there. That leaves IMO UDFA Cody Davis & Rashard Hall as the main two. The ending main quad should be a serious battle to the end!

#5- The 6th CB.With JJ,TJ & CF as starters & to my surprise that Quinton Pointer has made such big strides in the OTA's & the first two weeks of TC. Pointer is on both #1- Kick & Punt returns he is the solid dime back or the 6th DB in our prevent defense so he has the 5th spot nailed down in my book alone just on his ST work. Pointer also has done time @ safety too so he could be our 5th safety. I must insert my big foot in my mouth on Pointer. 5th round draft pick Brandon McGee has done some returning & is also on the #1 punt & kick returns so he sure appears to have attached himself on the ST's. That leaves us looking hard @ Robert Steeples

#6th-The 4th DT. Currently the trio is Brockers- Conrath & Langford. Last seasons starter & only healthy DT all season was Cudjo...new season total switch on his health big ?? just how bad is his back again? He was IR'd in 2011 on the same thing & It sounds like his back is worse now than what it was in 2011. After Cudjo we have seen a skinny tall 6-7 ex DE Mason Brodine. he is about 30 pounds short in the posterior to be a legit 4th DT prospect. So the next bonified candidate is Garrett Goebel who ? Do not be surprised that Fisher may leave this 4th spot open way into the first week of the regular season. This spot could have some big twists & turns here. Fisher went into the 2012 season short on DT's with only two healthy DT...it did cost him some sleepless nights I do not think he will do a repeat. His options may be:
*Wait & pick up a late released wavered veteran DT.
*Place Cudjo on the special IR position that Scott Wells rode until week 11.
*Use a heavy dose of DE's Hayes & Sims @ the 4th DT spot & keep a 5th DE impressive speed rusher like Tweener OLB/DE Gerald Rivers.
*Go with a much higher ceiling prospect UDFA rookie Garrett Goebel.

These are things I look forward to seeing how these stories turn out. Does anyone else have any? Do you see that I may be wrong on any of the above?

fearsomefour

Legend
Re: My top 6 questions I have, that may clear up some tonigh

Will be watching the LG rotation. I would expect the rest of starters to not get a lot of field time, but, I expect Williams and or Smith to be playing a lot tonight.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

All good questions young Jedi's. What about the RB's? I truly think this competition is more wide open than some suggest. Wide open to the point that Benny Cunningham has a legit shot to earn some serious carries. Others have a shot to lose carries or be cut.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

DR RAM said:
All good questions young Jedi's. What about the RB's? I truly think this competition is more wide open than some suggest. Wide open to the point that Benny Cunningham has a legit shot to earn some serious carries. Others have a shot to lose carries or be cut.

From all that's been printed around Ram town & according to Fisher its DR????? have no ideal why Fisher would place a RB who can not pick up the blitzing defenders trying to smash down Sam Bradford for the life of me. Makes no sense to me something just does not sound right.

Does not smell right to my nose. If I were looking for a solid run blitz RB to be the last line of protection it would be Benny Cunningham & Ganaway. We had reports from three different ROD'mers that even Pead was performing lights out in Sam protection.... but DR looked like run over roadkill carcass. Who are we to believe?