My Top 5 Offensive Players Per Position

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The Dude said:
RamFan503 said:
C'mon guys. Can't you read the word F-A-C-T? It proves everything. I'm not even sure how anyone can argue.
Especially when you over enunciate and bold it.

B-I-T-C-H-E-S-!-!-! :sly:

Man! It's true. I am unable to argue with you.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Playmaker said:
If the majority of fans were in charge of drafting for their favorite teams, the NFL Draft would look more like a Fantasy Football Draft. Probably 90% of the first 2 rounds would be nothing bu QB, RB, WR, and TE. That's because we have a media group that seems to think that because the skill positions touch the ball, they are the most marketable and the most important. And it has trickled down to a lot of fans with the assistance of the Madden Video Game series and Fantasy Football.

I am not like that. I know what it takes to win in the real NFL. Green Bay has one of the best passing games in the NFL. But did you know over their current run from 2009-2012, they did so without a single first round RB, WR, or TE? The New England Patriots have not spent a first round pick on a WR since 1996 when they took Terry Glenn. The Patriots have maintained one of the top offenses in football despite not spending a first round on a WR in almost 20 years. The Saints have a top passing game and start a 7th round pick, a 2nd round pick, and a 3rd round pick at WR and TE. The Baltimore Ravens are a consistent playoff team and now Super Bowl winner. This despite not having a first round pick at RB, WR, or TE on their roster.

Fans over rate WR's because the media get's aroused by their antics and stats. But even the top WR's in the NFL only average around 6 catches a game. That means they touch the ball less than a back-up RB does in any given game. Where as an Offensive Lineman impacts every single play.

The notion that the offensive line is fixed is laughable. Jake Long sures up the Left Tackle position. And tha is it. Rodger Saffold has not played ORT in years. Plus he's missed 40% of the Rams games in the past 2 seasons. Harvey Dahl enters the last year of his deal, is old, and is coming off a late season major injury. Scott Wells hasn't been healthy for 2 years and has a degenerative arthritic knee. And OLG is an open competition. Where as at WR there is one of the best big play WR's in the NFL in 2012 (Chris Givens) The #33 overall pick in the 2012 Draft (Brian Quick) and Jared Cook who is getting 6 million a year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Loved and agreed w/ your theory. We can wait on a WR and let's get another OL & DT early!!!!

Sounds like both Warmack & Cooper won't be available at 16... Draft Richardson or Selvester Williams then Lacey at 22

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RamsNation

Rookie
Post draft I would love to compare your "grades" with how things end up going down.Because you have some very outlandish grades on some guys and some of the top guys aren't even listed.No disrespect I'm just saying I disagree with alot of your grades on most of these players you have listed/not listed.

RamsNation

Rookie
After looking at the grades again besides o line to me it seems you went Skip Bayless First Take mode on everyone.It seems more like your trying create a stir with you rankings because they're wild grades that only Skip could stand behind lol.Couple examples,no Tavon Austin??So does that mean you don't think he should be drafted...rlly save personal distaste for a player and fairly rate them.No way in hell he doesnt leave the 1st round if not the first WR off the board.Next,I don't like Geno either but you have him as 4th round I believe??Rlly are you kidding me,I promise he doesn't leave the 2nd,personally I think someone takes in the 1st because some team will fall in love,but if he's their in the 2nd the value is to high to pass up for somebody .Those are just the two that jump out but I'm curious as to what your criteria was because honestly some of these make me think you don't know anything about any of these guys.

RamsNation

Rookie
Wrong about Tavon Austin,Deandre Hopkins,EJ Manuel,4th and 5th rated OT,Kyle Long.....i will admit I didn't think Geno would make it out of the 1st round.But at least I can say I wasn't as wrong in the 1st round as you lol.