My Top 32 NFL Draft Prospects Overall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramzee

Rookie
Put this in the mock drafts forum? Not sure. I will put it here until otherwise notified.

My top 32 overall rankings as of 4/14/2014

Just as the title says, these are my Top 32 NFL Draft Prospects Overall Rankings for the 2014 draft season. The rankings are on the jump at the link above. I will expand the list in the future I'm sure. Maybe to 50. You can make your own too. Using the same tool I did. Find out more about making rankings.

Just missed the cut: Zack Martin, Kony Ealy, Justin Gilbert, and Allen Robinson.

I'm not so high on the QB's or the DB's this year. At least not as much as others seem to be. I wouldn't draft a quarterback with a Top 5 pick at this point and if I did, it would have to be Bortles based off of game film and potential upside. I placed a premium on the pass rushers. Valuing them highly. There are some good ones in this draft.

I'm not too sure what to make of the DT crop this year. There is tons of upside there but a lot of it is based off of potential projections. That's why some of those monsters are ranked lower than some others have them.

The wide receiver crop looks very nice this year. Several talents at the top with plenty of quality depth. I also like the tight end class this year at the top. More talent than most draft classes. There are three guys with potential to be taken in the 1st round. Who knows how many wide receivers will go in round one or even which ones. There's so many good ones to choose from this year.

I think after the top two tackles, the position is overrated at this point. A few guys disappointed this year. Like Kouandjio. There's still a premium on the position though. Even more so in recent years. I do expect to see many over drafted IMO.

The guard class though looks very nice. Especially if some of these OT's get moved inside. The best of which would be Greg Robinson. Who looks to be a massive road grader type, the likes of which, hasn't been seen in some time. After him as far as pure guards go, X from UCLA looks nice and Yankey could hear his name called early.

Where are the running backs though?

SierraRam

Recreational User
Wow. I agree with most of it, but I think you gotta put Justin Gilbert in the top 32. My pick at #13 is a toss-up between Gilbert and Donald.

Love Jimmie Ward, but I guess the secret's out. My dream of stealing him in the 3rd might be far-fetched...

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I think Justin Gilbert is at least a top 20 player. He is debatably the best CB in this draft with only Dennard as a realistic comparison.

Alan

Legend
Ramzee with comments about the 2014 draft class:
Some comments.
I'm not sure what your comment about OG class means. You say you like the guard class but only after you move some OTs into the mix. Does that mean you don't like those players as OT? If so, does that mean you don't like the OT class very much?

Thanks for posting your thoughts here Ramzee! (y) :nice: :cheers:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A few areas where I disagree but it's definitely a good looking list.

duckhunter

Starter
Kind of like betting the ponies. If it was easy, they'd have exacta bets on the outcome of the entire field.

Ramzee

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the comments fellas. I tried finding this post after I made it but really didn't have any luck locating it after it got moved. I just seen a link back to it from my site though so now I can actually comment on it again lol.

I hear you guys on Justin Gilbert. I just think he's projected a little higher than I would put him. I haven't watched a ton of tape this year though. I've been more focused on building the website so I'm much further behind than any other year. Especially with the corners.

I think the secret has been out on Jimmie Ward. At least with NFL teams. The media has caught up since then though.

@Alan: Honestly, I don't know when I made any actual position rankings. Judging by the comments though you quoted, I'm going to assume that I was just messing with the app at the time and wasn't serious about them. lol Sorry.

These Top 32 overall rankings are my first real attempt at doing any real rankings. I'll expand it to 50 soon.

Thanks for reading! :)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Nice work 'zee!

Manziel at 30... Has there ever been another player all over the map like this?

From #1 to bottom of the first. Not just your ratings. Everywhere.