My top 10 picks for Rams 10th pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Below are my personal wish list for the Rams 10th pick (These are not who I think are the top 10 players in the Draft but I am hoping the Rams will get one of these players!):

* QB Jameis Winston - Barring a Trade I don't see anyway Winston drops to the Rams
* QB Marcus Mariota - " " "
* DL Leonard Williams - " " "
* OL Brandon Scherff - If available I would be surprised if the Rams pass him up
* OT Andrus Peat - Probably not as versatile as Scherff (Probably strictly an OT in the NFL)
* WR Amari Cooper - Probably gone by the time the Rams pick but possible with the rise of Kevin White
* Kevin White - Good chance either Cooper or White will be available at the Rams #10 spot
* OL La'el Collins - Seems to be rising up the charts and should be able to play either OT or OG in
the NFL
* DT Danny Shelton - DT is probably not a priority with the Rams right now but if they do indeed
release Langford (Salary Cap?) Shelton could be an option (Can you imagine teams trying to run
against the Rams with Shelton and Brockers at the DT positions?). I know the Rams have Aaron
Donald but Shelton could give the Rams a good rotation/situational player!
* WR DeVante Parker - Rated very close to Cooper & White

I didn't list DE's Randy Gregory or DE Shane Ray who I think will both be selected in the top 10 since I don't think the Rams will select a DE with their top pick.

I have to admit that I almost included WR Dorial Green-Beckham (DGB) but unless he does a great job convincing the Rams his troubles are behind him I can't see them selecting him over Cooper, White or Parker.

Personally, I think the Rams will get an excellent player at the #10 spot (Unless they trade down) and I really don't think once you get past the top three players (Winston, Mariota & Williams) there is a huge difference between the 4-10 players or so (Again, Just My Personal Opinion!) ratings wise.

Usually, I get real anxious about a player (Aaron Donald last year!) being available to the Rams when their pick comes up but with so many options to them this year I can't imagine them not
picking a great prospect with their top pick in this draft!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Below are my personal wish list for the Rams 10th pick (These are not who I think are the top 10 players in the Draft but I am hoping the Rams will get one of these players!):

Real nice list paceram. Excellent points on the NT Shelton but IMO Shelton may not be a top 10 player in this draft. But hard to not have a good argument on using a top 10 pick on a DT. But your point on the need for a third DT, if Kendall Langford (KL) is released as most is saying will happen.

That's one of the reasons I am 100% against the releasing KL to gain cap $$$ in March 2015. Michael Brockers (MB) & KL as both UFA's in 2016. Releasing KL will place the Rams in a impossible bad position next year at this time in the interior DL.

To me the best way to address this is try to redo KL's contract NOW into a 2 to 3 yr period thus lowering his cap hit this season. Now you have a starting caliber run stopper who can play the NT position that MB plays. I would advise Kevin Demoff to get the ball rolling by summer of this yr. on the issue of 2016 UFA of NT MB. The object is getting MB signed early like they did Quinn! If MB refuses & wants out of St Louis ...then they have KL here & the Ram prevent a total implosion :palm: in the interior DL where they loose both KL & MB. Real bad move.

The flip side is if Demoff can not afford to place so much cap space on the DL which is very possible then keeping both KL & MB is out of possibility then.....the selection of NT Danny Shelton (looks smart in order to manage the cap) to pair with DT AD, & going cheap letting those two vets (MB&KL) depart. With Fisher he always is ready to go DL each draft. Also draft a NT does provide outstanding insurance in the KL & MB contract dealings.

The below is somewhere close to my thoughts with the Rams with a top #10 pick you go QB or OT or DL.

* QB Jameis Winston
* QB Marcus Mariota
* OL La'el Collins (has shown the ability to play four OL posts looks to be a perfect Barksdale replacement)
* DL Leonard Williams
* OL Brandon Scherff (currently shown liability against quick small speed pass rushers appears to be a great OLG)
* OT Andrus Peat (pure OT only & primarily left OT, secondary right OT should fit nicely as a ORT in place of Barksdale )
* DL Danny Shelton

Its obvious that I do not see any reason to select another top 10 receiver in here when Rams have a very UNstable QB situation plus the Rams should have FIVE excellent ball catchers & stand to have three receivers under contract who were taken very high in the first 33 picks in 3 NFL drafts. Rams also have Stedman Bailey & Jared Cook who are also fine young receivers. The 2015 UFA's Receivers are as thick & good as they have ever been & should seriously drive down the market $$$ value in WR's. No need to use priceless ultra high valued top 10 draft selection for any receiver needs when they are thick as ticks on a hounds back.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Real nice list paceram. Excellent points on the NT Shelton but IMO Shelton may not be a top 10 player in this draft. But hard to not have a good argument on using a top 10 pick on a DT. But your point on the need for a third DT, if Kendall Langford (KL) is released as most is saying will happen.

That's one of the reasons I am 100% against the releasing KL to gain cap $$$ in March 2015. Michael Brockers (MB) & KL as both UFA's in 2016. Releasing KL will place the Rams in a impossible bad position next year at this time in the interior DL.

To me the best way to address this is try to redo KL's contract NOW into a 2 to 3 yr period thus lowering his cap hit this season. Now you have a starting caliber run stopper who can play the NT position that MB plays. I would advise Kevin Demoff to get the ball rolling by summer of this yr. on the issue of 2016 UFA of NT MB. The object is getting MB signed early like they did Quinn! If MB refuses & wants out of St Louis ...then they have KL here & the Ram prevent a total implosion :palm: in the interior DL where they loose both KL & MB. Real bad move.

The flip side is if Demoff can not afford to place so much cap space on the DL which is very possible then keeping both KL & MB is out of possibility then.....the selection of NT Danny Shelton (looks smart in order to manage the cap) to pair with DT AD, & going cheap letting those two vets (MB&KL) depart. With Fisher he always is ready to go DL each draft. Also draft a NT does provide outstanding insurance in the KL & MB contract dealings.

The below is somewhere close to my thoughts with the Rams with a top #10 pick you go QB or OT or DL.

* QB Jameis Winston
* QB Marcus Mariota
* OL La'el Collins (has shown the ability to play four OL posts looks to be a perfect Barksdale replacement)
* DL Leonard Williams
* OL Brandon Scherff (currently shown liability against quick small speed pass rushers appears to be a great OLG)
* OT Andrus Peat (pure OT only & primarily left OT, secondary right OT should fit nicely as a ORT in place of Barksdale )
* DL Danny Shelton

Its obvious that I do not see any reason to select another top 10 receiver in here when Rams have a very UNstable QB situation plus the Rams should have FIVE excellent ball catchers & stand to have three receivers under contract who were taken very high in the first 33 picks in 3 NFL drafts. Rams also have Stedman Bailey & Jared Cook who are also fine young receivers. The 2015 UFA's Receivers are as thick & good as they have ever been & should seriously drive down the market $$$ value in WR's. No need to use priceless ultra high valued top 10 draft selection for any receiver needs when they are thick as ticks on a hounds back.

Bonifay - Thanks for the very informative and detailed reply! I like Langford and I hope the Rams can re-sign him which would make any thought of drafting Shelton a moot point. I do think the Rams most desperate need is the OL (And, I think most Rams fans agree with this!?) but if we go by best player available then I think there is a very good possibility of one of the WR's (Cooper, White, Parker) just might be that best player available. But, I certainly don't think you can always go by the BPA theory if you have other areas that are in desperate shape as is the case with the Rams Offensive Line (At least in my opinion) and the QB positions (But, I don't see the Rams drafting any QB other than Winston or Mariota in the 1st Round and unless they sell the farm to move up I don't see that happening). So, as nice as it would be to get Cooper, White or Parker I am guessing the Rams will end up with one of the top rated offensive linemen and it will be interesting to see who they consider the best option is for them and if they will try to trade down or not.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Great list.
Yeah, I was thinking Shelton too. They guy is a stopper and get some push up the middle.
If wasn't for all the needs he would be a great pick because then they could let Brockers go when his contracts up and have a more cost controlled player for a longer time.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great list.
Yeah, I was thinking Shelton too. They guy is a stopper and get some push up the middle.
If wasn't for all the needs he would be a great pick because then they could let Brockers go when his contracts up and have a more cost controlled player for a longer time.

The more I read about Shelton the more I like him but don't honestly think the Rams will consider him unless they do release Langford. I can't imagine too many teams running on the Rams defense if they had both Shelton and Brockers (And, from what I have read Shelton moves pretty well for his size!)! But, with that being said I have to admit that I will be pretty shocked if the Rams don't end up selecting an offensive lineman with their top pick(s) unless they sign a couple good OL free agents! With Aaron and Brockers I am guessing the Rams probably won't be drafting a DT too early (Too many other needs) and Shelton would more than likely just be a situational player which the good teams with deep rosters can probably afford but probably not the Rams.