My thoughts on the draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

albefree69 said:
iced thinking Austin is great before he even plays a game:
Austin was the creme of the crop when it comes to that separation between a "good decent player" and potentially an explosive playmaker. He may not be an larry fitzgerald or an andre johnson (there wasn't one in the draft), but he was without question the top receiver in the draft. a very dynamic player than can be used all over the field.

Austin to me was the difference between a great player and a good one, least thats how it looked at going into the draft.
It's too early to judge this pick/draft. :ww:

I hope you're right because if you aren't we made a big mistake IMO.

It's not that I'm thinkin Austin is great before he even plays a game - that's the outlook I had going into the draft.

What players separated themselves in what was considered a mostly a solid draft without really any of the top 10 flashy/playmakers?

Austin was one of those guys. The only other wide receiver I really liked in the first round was DeAndre Hopkins. I did not like Patterson, and Still don't.

Austin separated himself to that level, imo.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Being the top WR in the draft says what? Who was the best WR in the draft when the first WR was drafted in the 2nd round a short time ago? If he was considered to be so good by all the teams why were we the only ones to trade up for him? The Jets were rumored to be very interested in drafting him and yet they didn't move up and they had more ammo than we did. Why? They would have had to pay a much smaller price than we did. They don't need really great special players?

Let's get to another issue that I'm sure I'll be standing by myself on. :lol:
Who says Snisher is a superior judge of talent? I see little proof of that.

2012 draft?
Possibly 2 very high fails in Quick and Pead and a 5th round fail in ROK.
Brockers? A player that everyone thought was very good. The 14th pick in the draft should be very good.
Janoris Jenkins? A player that everyone thought was very good. The 39th pick in the draft should be very good.
Trumaine Johnson? A player that everyone thought was very good. Second pick in the third round should be very good.
Chris Givens? The first pick that for me shows their ability to judge talent. But he was also the first pick in the 4th round and thus he should be in the good category IMO.
Legatron? Good pick but he's a kicker and so the normal kudos for finding a gem in the 6th round aren't applicable.
DR? Excellent pick made all the more excellent in that he was picked in the 7th round. Lost his #2 position late in the season so what does that mean?
Aaron Brown? Nothing there.
Hekker? Good pick but again, he's a kicker.
Courtland Finnegan? A well know highly skilled player so no kudos here.
Jo-lonn Dunbar? Below the radar great pick up.
William Hayes? Somewhat below the radar great pick up.
Steve Smith? Fail
Rocky McIntosh? Fail
Kendall Langford? Known quality player who may live up to his contract after a very rough start.
Quinn Ojinnaka? Epic Fail
Mario Haggan? Fail
Trevor Laws? Injured fail

I see a good draft but nothing really special. Just a very solid job. The players in red could be attributed to being a superior judge of talent.
In FA I see a lot of quality players willing to come to the Rams, possibly because of Fisher, but saying nothing about any special judge of talent.

I refuse to consider anything that has happened this off season because they haven't played a single down for the Rams.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
albefree69 said:
Being the top WR in the draft says what? Who was the best WR in the draft when the first WR was drafted in the 2nd round a short time ago? If he was considered to be so good by all the teams why were we the only ones to trade up for him? The Jets were rumored to be very interested in drafting him and yet they didn't move up and they had more ammo than we did. Why? They would have had to pay a much smaller price than we did. They don't need really great special players?

Let's get to another issue that I'm sure I'll be standing by myself on. :lol:
Who says Snisher is a superior judge of talent? I see little proof of that.

2012 draft?
Possibly 2 very high fails in Quick and Pead and a 5th round fail in ROK.
Brockers? A player that everyone thought was very good. The 14th pick in the draft should be very good.
Janoris Jenkins? A player that everyone thought was very good. The 39th pick in the draft should be very good.
Trumaine Johnson? A player that everyone thought was very good. Second pick in the third round should be very good.
Chris Givens? The first pick that for me shows their ability to judge talent. But he was also the first pick in the 4th round and thus he should be in the good category IMO.
Legatron? Good pick but he's a kicker and so the normal kudos for finding a gem in the 6th round aren't applicable.
DR? Excellent pick made all the more excellent in that he was picked in the 7th round. Lost his #2 position late in the season so what does that mean?
Aaron Brown? Nothing there.
Hekker? Good pick but again, he's a kicker.
Courtland Finnegan? A well know highly skilled player so no kudos here.
Jo-lonn Dunbar? Below the radar great pick up.
William Hayes? Somewhat below the radar great pick up.
Steve Smith? Fail
Rocky McIntosh? Fail
Kendall Langford? Known quality player who may live up to his contract after a very rough start.
Quinn Ojinnaka? Epic Fail
Mario Haggan? Fail
Trevor Laws? Injured fail

I see a good draft but nothing really special. Just a very solid job. The players in red could be attributed to being a superior judge of talent.
In FA I see a lot of quality players willing to come to the Rams, possibly because of Fisher, but saying nothing about any special judge of talent.

I refuse to consider anything that has happened this off season because they haven't played a single down for the Rams.

Why are you doing this?

Fail!

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM incredulous at my effrontery:
Why are you doing this?

Bored and marking time until the first camp report. Why, does it bother you? I know it's old stuff but I haven't discussed any of this with the people on this board that weren't members of The Huddle. That post took me about 3 hours to put together and gave me something to do today. I'm disabled and basically almost a prisoner in my house because of my vision problems.

I'm not sure what else to say about it except to remind you that you are one of my Rams brothers. :nono:

jjab360

Legend
Yes, you're going to be by yourself on this one because you're being absolutely ridiculous, lol.

"Everyone thought this player was good", so you don't get credit for picking them? Huh? Fact of the matter is it was still a good pick, regardless.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
albefree69 said:
Why are you doing this?

Bored and marking time until the first camp report. Why, does it bother you? I know it's old stuff but I haven't discussed any of this with the people on this board that weren't members of The Huddle. That post took me about 3 hours to put together and gave me something to do today. I'm disabled and basically almost a prisoner in my house because of my vision problems.

I'm not sure what else to say about it except to remind you that you are one of my Rams brothers. :nono:
Carry on then. I'll let the others sort it out.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Goddamn, albe. You're taking being a killjoy to a whole new level here. This is the time for hope and excitement. Not building walls. Calling players drafted last year in the 2nd round possible fails because they didn't light it up yet? Little early for that, no?

Sometimes you just gotta back your own horse and say fuck it if he doesn't win the first race. You certainly don't shoot him before he's had a chance to run another.

:nono:

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
albefree69 said:
Why are you doing this?

Albe i like you i do but it seems like you're just trying stir the pot due to bordem

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Lulz at albe comparing his draft skillz to snisher.....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2