My takeaways from yesterdays game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
-QB situation is a mess. Sam made so beautiful throws only to have them called back for penalties or dropped. I have little to no faith in Clemens. Idk if I can watch the Rams with him starting.

-Stacy balled out again, generating 2 impressive 20+ yard plays, and scored his first NFL TD. I still don't get why Schotty almost exclusively runs DRich up the middle. That's NOT his mo!

-Quick showed a lot, but he giveth & taketh. Explosive plays like the 73 yard catch, and then a drive killing 3rd down drop & a dropped TD. The other WRs and TEs looked nice as we drove at will, but turnovers ruined our first half and we never recovered

-OLine was solid. Running holes could have been better, but this is a top DL imo

-DLine got after it. Quinn has REALLY stepped up his game, adding new pass rush moves and is continuing to improve in his run D. Sims made a beautiful play for the safety, imo our most overlooked DL. Long was a beast before he went psycho. Langford and Brock were a big reason why we stymied their rushing attack.

-JL had another great game, but I've come accustomed to them. Tree showed some of his athleticism chasing down Cam a few times and making nice plays in the run game.

-Idk WTF is up with Walton and Cecil. How the F are you gonna play Tru off 10 yards on 3rd & 7, and then continue to sustain the cushion once he reaches the marker? Some of the bad play was scheme, but I counted numerous times where Jenks & Tru's technique looked less than sound. This was supposed to be a position of strength. But now we have these youngsters not being put in positions to succeed, and they're also underachieving. Idk. The back end was ok, I have no complaints.

-GZ was GZ. Hekker hit some boomers with the exception of a semi-shank that barely crossed the 50.

Idk. I really don't know what to think. I'm emotionally drained from the "next year" mentality this organization has adopted est. in 2005. Demoff is a good salesman, but he can't even sell me on this team for the remainder of the year and I've decided to keep my expectations low so I no longer suffer from the heartache of another double digit losing season. I finally thought this team was turning the corner. Our D & O have underachieved due to terrible coaching, and some underachieving. Sam who I've always been 100% behind, is starting to become a ? for me. I'm glad we didn't sign him to an extension, now that this ACL happened. He'll be back in 2014 as the starter, but then his contract runs up so next year is an audition for his 2nd contract Rams or other teams. Imo this is why you have to put a value on backup QB. Too many teams just never think it will happen so they can just stash a journeyman that has never had much success. Then IR happens and the team is left scrambling. Imo it would be smart to draft a mid round QB next year to back up Sam and to also challenge for a starting job in 2015 if they let Sam walk. I'm just sick of the Null's, Feely's, Clemens', etc. of the the world.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
-Idk WTF is up with Walton and Cecil. How the F are you gonna play Tru off 10 yards on 3rd & 7, and then continue to sustain the cushion once he reaches the marker? Some of the bad play was scheme, but I counted numerous times where Jenks & Tru's technique looked less than sound. This was supposed to be a position of strength. But now we have these youngsters not being put in positions to succeed, and they're also underachieving. Idk. The back end was ok, I have no complaints.

I put something similar in the rant thread. This defense makes me want to puke.

Top 10 potential to out-house. :mad:

V3

Hall of Fame
I still maintain that Tru should be a FS. I think he'd be a pro bowler at the position. At CB I think the best he'll be is good. Right now, he has to play CB because of how thin we are at CB but I DO NOT think Johnson's best position is at CB. He's simply too slow.