My schedule wish list

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
We're inside 4 hours til the regular season release (8 pm ET) folks, and I just wanted to put in my 2 cents:

1. PLEASE give the Rams a September or October game in Seattle. Preferably it would be a non-primetime game and NOT a night game. The reason I'm saying this is because it's hard enough to win in Seattle (we haven't since 2005), its even harder when its cold and wet in December and its a late game :sick: . Think about it, the Rams have played the Seahawks in Seattle: week 17 (Night) SNF game in 2010, Week 13 or 14 (Night) MNF game in 2011, & week 17 day game in 2012. I liked when we got that game out of the way early; think 2003-2004 week 3 and week 5 respectively.

2. 2 primetime games? We're guaranteed at least one with the TNF extension. Maybe we get a SNF or MNF against SF or SEA? I'm guessing SF. The TNF game would make sense if it were vs Tennessee (great storyline w/Fish, Cecil, McGinnis, Bush, Finn, Cook, Hayes, etc.)

3. Home opener is the season opener? I'm going to the home opener, so it'd be even sweeter if it were the season opener. I'd lick my chops at a week 1 game in the Ed vs the Cards :hehe:

EastRam

Pro Bowler
My wish list is that the NFL would actually start using the strength of schedule as it was intended.

Just sayin :slap!:

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
I just don't want a week 17 game in Seattle it's not fair we always play our last game in that loud stadium

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BuiltRamTough said:
I just don't want a week 17 game in Seattle it's not fair we always play our last game in that loud stadium

Exactly my point. They're usually on the verge of the playoffs so it's COLDER, WETTER, LOUDER. Oh, and the national cameras put the pressure on too. Hope we get like a week 4 game @ SEA @ 1:00 PT

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I think as long as we can get the first 2 games with big "W"'s next to them, it should give us the momentum for the whole season, I just wonder what could have been if we'd have beaten Detroit away last year :)

And of course I want us to have the best inter-division record again this year...

Heck, why not I'll go Sea Away for our first game, with a WIN for the Rams 3 TD passes to (Cook, Givens & Quick) + 1 ground & Pound 2 Yd run for Ganaway...

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
shaunpinney said:
I think as long as we can get the first 2 games with big "W"'s next to them, it should give us the momentum for the whole season, I just wonder what could have been if we'd have beaten Detroit away last year :)

And of course I want us to have the best inter-division record again this year...

Heck, why not I'll go Sea Away for our first game, with a WIN for the Rams 3 TD passes to (Cook, Givens & Quick) + 1 ground & Pound 2 Yd run for Ganaway...

That's the key... The Rams have struggled the past few years because we don't get our first road win until mid-season... that's too late.

First road win:

2010: Week 12 @ DEN
2011: Week 10 @ CLE (and only road win)
2012: Week 12 @ AZ

We just need to learn how to put teams away on the road. That killer mentality. Scoring a TD late when your up 3. Or getting those 1st downs running the football in the "4 minute offense"

Games we had chances in before our first road wins:
2010:
Week 2 16-14 loss @ OAK
Week 7 18-17 loss @ TB
Week 10 23-20 OT loss @ SF

2011:
Week 2 28-16 loss @ NYG
Week 9 19-13 OT loss @ AZ

2012:
Week 1 27-23 loss @ DET
Week 3 23-6 loss @ CHI
Week 6 17-14 loss @ MIA
Week 10 24-24 tie @ SF

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I want to start @ SF or @ Seattle.

Then those teams again in mid October.

I'm hoping for a Sunday night game, but based on the Rams opponents, not many national worthy games. Maybe a couple MNFs on BSPN. It's why I purposely didn't take any late Monday night classes next year!

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Angry Ram said:
I want to start @ SF or @ Seattle.

Then those teams again in mid October.

I'm hoping for a Sunday night game, but based on the Rams opponents, not many national worthy games. Maybe a couple MNFs on BSPN. It's why I purposely didn't take any late Monday night classes next year!

Idk ATL, SF, SEA, DAL, NO, HOU, IND are all teams that people would want to watch. I think we get 2 games, likely Tennessee & then one vs either SF or SEA

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
rams24/7 said:
shaunpinney said:
I think as long as we can get the first 2 games with big "W"'s next to them, it should give us the momentum for the whole season, I just wonder what could have been if we'd have beaten Detroit away last year

That's the key... The Rams have struggled the past few years because we don't get our first road win until mid-season... that's too late.

First road win:
2012: Week 12 @ AZ - [hil]that's just plain bad![/hil]

2012:
Week 1 27-23 loss @ DET
Week 3 23-6 loss @ CHI
Week 6 17-14 loss @ MIA
Week 10 24-24 tie @ SF

IMO - We should have and could have beaten DET, MIA and SF last year and that could have really changed the outcome of our season...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
After last year STL vs. SF seems like prime time.

iced

2 Ot's last season vs the niners?

Oh I'm already betting thats our primetime game - that's a good rivalry rebrewing (nationally speaking of course)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I want a good date for a good matchup in St. Louis. Gotta check that off the bucket list.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Ramhusker said:
I want a good date for a good matchup in St. Louis. Gotta check that off the bucket list.

Let me know which one you're gonna go to "old" man. :sly:

I'm going to fly up for a game or two this year. None here in F-L-A this year :grr: . May go to one in The STL and another on the road,,, not counting the ATL game (we do play ATL right?) ... if so, I'll be there for that one too.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Selassie I said:
Ramhusker said:

Let me know which one you're gonna go to "old" man. :sly:

I'm going to fly up for a game or two this year. None here in F-L-A this year :grr: . May go to one in The STL and another on the road,,, not counting the ATL game (we do play ATL right?) ... if so, I'll be there for that one too.

Will do dude. Yes we play ATL week two, Sept 15th and the 49er game on Thursday Night, week four is looking pretty good Sept 26th

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Whelp, there goes my wish of us not playing in Seattle late in the season... Week 17 @ SEA again...

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
rams24/7 said:
Whelp, there goes my wish of us not playing in Seattle late in the season... Week 17 @ SEA again...

Yeah, that sucks! And I didn't get any good date either. Going to make a couple work somehow!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This schedule looks brutal on paper.

Lesson

Oh, really?
The Dude said:
Ramhusker said:
This schedule looks brutal on paper.
freak 'em.

I might be over looking something, but aside from the 1st quarter of the season, the schedule looks relatively manageable.

Not going to compare it to the 2011 schedule(which was absolutely fucking bull shit), but I'd be happy with a 2-2 start.

F. Mulder

Starter
Every year a bunch of people go through the alleged wins and losses and usually are dead wrong. Teams that look strong can be bad due to injuries or underachievement while those who look weak can be this year's Cinderella Story.

It basically comes down to the Rams and their own division. The Rams need to step up to the next level from a team content with .500 AND they need to take care of the teams in their own division. IF they can go 4-2 in their division they will be in the running but they must do well in the West.