My Random Rams Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
- If Long is healthy and playing at his 2013 level, our offensive line has the makings for greatness. Saffold was one of the best OGs in the league last year and Greg Robinson will be a monster at OG. Barksdale was solid at RT. Wells leaves something to be desired at C, but he is good at making line calls.

- Our receiving corps looks like a weak link for us again. However there are guys with talent who can step up. Britt and Quick are two of those guys. Both big and physical, very similar players. Hope one of them lives up to their potential. Tavon Austin was better on the outside than in the slot. It sucks Bailey was suspended, I feel he was poised for a good year. Givens was very good his rookie year. He sucked in 2013. Let's hope it was just a sophomore slump. TJ Moe is intriguing and could give us another Amendola type slot guy. Like I said this group is weak, but it has guys who can potentially step up.

- Speaking of receivers, after watching X's video of Isaiah Pead I see limited upside as a RB. He goes down too easily on contact and lacks vision. I do think he is very good in space. It's an outside the box thought, but I would like to see him get a shot as a slot WR.

- I'm a huge Stacy fan. I see a guy who could be the next Frank Gore. That being said he better watch out because Tre Mason looks to be a very good RB too. I also really like what I saw out of Benny Cunningham last year. I really like our stable of young backs.

- Jared Cook, watch the week one tape vs Arizona and do that for 19 games in 2014/2015. Guy has all the ability, he needs consistency.

- While I loved our draft the biggest addition this offseason was Gregg Williams. I love aggressive defenses and Williams is a aggressive DC. Done are the boring predictable Tim Walton play calls.

-Our defensive line is the strength of the team. It's deep and it's very good. It will also be good for quite some time with guys like Quinn, Brockers, and Donald being very young.

- Alec Ogletree doesn't get enough love. The guy was very good for us last year.

- Our secondary has a good influx of good young talent. I'm really excited to see how it all shakes out. I hope Williams can get Jenkins to the level he is capable of.

- If Bradford can play the whole season like he was in 2013 we are a playoff team.

- If we don't have a winning year this year I will be depressed.

tbux

Rookie
there are many factors- but in its simplicity=- if we can run effectively (yes we will see many stacked boxes) and can stop the run well- we will be a playoff team. We will have one of the better STs in the NFL- and that is quite underated. We will be in many close games where ST could be the difference, and we are good there. Great punter, solid kicker who can hit some long ones, and a dynamic returner! Run the ball, stop the run- and we are 10 wins plus!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
All very good points. I agree with everything you said. Did we let up a special teams touchdown last year? I think us and the Seahawks were the only teams to not let up a single punt or kick return touchdown.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
All very good points. I agree with everything you said. Did we let up a special teams touchdown last year? I think us and the Seahawks were the only teams to not let up a single punt or kick return touchdown.
I'm not sure. Our special teams were shaky at the beginning of the year, but by years end they were pretty good. With less turnover in this offseason it should be good from the start.

FRO

Legend
Also last year we went into the season without our leading rusher from the previous season and without our top two receivers from the previous season. We will go into 2014 with our skilled guys having at minimum one year under their belts outside of Britt and Mason.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'm not sure. Our special teams were shaky at the beginning of the year, but by years end they were pretty good. With less turnover in this offseason it should be good from the start.

All I know is if Johnny Hekker isn't the best punter in Madden 15 I will be pissed.

FRO

Legend
All I know is if Johnny Hekker isn't the best punter in Madden 15 I will be pissed.
Didn't the Jaguars draft a punter in the third the same year we signed Hekker as a UDFA?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Didn't the Jaguars draft a punter in the third the same year we signed Hekker as a UDFA?

Yupp.
image.jpg

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler

A punter in the third round shouldn't even be an option... I don't know how they didn't riot in the streets after that

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
there are many factors- but in its simplicity=- if we can run effectively (yes we will see many stacked boxes) and can stop the run well- we will be a playoff team. We will have one of the better STs in the NFL- and that is quite underated. We will be in many close games where ST could be the difference, and we are good there. Great punter, solid kicker who can hit some long ones, and a dynamic returner! Run the ball, stop the run- and we are 10 wins plus!
And remember .... we have more than one guy who can do returns now. If Reid can make the team, he was dynamic at FSU at returns. Mason I believe can do KR's too. And if I'm not mistaken .... Joyner has done some as well.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I cut it down to simple terms. At the end of.last season before jake long was injured two things were preventing us from being a plaoff caliber team. Ppass defense and pass offense. Two ppretty big things. Getting bradford back and drafting gr should help the ppassing game. Our heavy investment in the def backfield along with greg williams should help the pass defense.

FRO

Legend
I cut it down to simple terms. At the end of.last season before jake long was injured two things were preventing us from being a plaoff caliber team. Ppass defense and pass offense. Two ppretty big things. Getting bradford back and drafting gr should help the ppassing game. Our heavy investment in the def backfield along with greg williams should help the pass defense.
Bradford will help a lot, but are the receivers up to it? That's my main concern. There is upside with all our receivers minus Pettis, who is who he is, but will that upside be realized? That is the biggest question mark I have going into the season, the receivers.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Don't forget Aaron Donald, but yeah I think we got better everywhere we needed to,and wit Greg R and Aaron D we got a lot better,we got a lot better at DC, shit's gonna have to go badly to keep this team down

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Bradford will help a lot, but are the receivers up to it? That's my main concern. There is upside with all our receivers minus Pettis, who is who he is, but will that upside be realized? That is the biggest question mark I have going into the season, the receivers.

I disagree that PETTIS is done getting better,I think there's still some upside in him as well,and I think Sam will be glad to have him.
I doubt any of the new guys can beat him out.

FRO

Legend
I disagree that PETTIS is done getting better,I think there's still some upside in him as well,and I think Sam will be glad to have him.
I didn't say Pettis is a bad player, but he is what he is. A guy with long arms, good hands, assignment sound, struggles to separate and probably always will. He is a solid 4th WR. If he is starting for you then something is terribly wrong.

lockdnram21

Legend

theres no way Pettis should be starting. I think it will most likely be Quick and Britt untill Bailey comes back. Unless