My Rams OL-Heavy Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I used first-pick.com to do the simulation. It may not be entirely realistic r/e the trades but it was the best I could come up with and since I went both ways on the trades, any nuttiness in their system washes out (at least, that's my theory). Anyway, my obvious point here is to build the OL for the future. Note: I have to have Erving but am willing to negotiate on the other selections.

Two trades:

Down from 10 to 14
Up from 41 to 18

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 14 (MIA): Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami (Fla.)
Round 1 Pick 18 (K.C.): Cameron Erving, OT/OG, Florida State
Round 3 Pick 8: Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor
Round 4 Pick 20: Davis Tull, OLB, Chattanooga
Round 6 Pick 40 (COMP): Antwan Goodley, WR, Baylor

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
In order to get Erving you would need to get around 18 in either a trade back or up on your scenario. I like Erving as much as you do it seems, but I wouldn't sacrifice picks to get him only because there is real good C depth in this draft.

CodeMonkey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
In order to get Erving you would need to get around 18 in either a trade back or up on your scenario. I like Erving as much as you do it seems, but I wouldn't sacrifice picks to get him only because there is real good C depth in this draft.
I was thinking about the center prospects, particulary the Auburn alumn. I just dont know if those other prospects at center have the size though to handle the beastly DT's in the NFL. I think Erving can and more. I love his utility. He sits in a precarious spot for us where we need to maneuver in the draft to land him.

Last edited:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I was thinking about the center prospects, particulary the Auburn alumn. I just dont know if those other prospects at center have the size though to handle the beastly DT's in the NFL..

Although I think Erving is the best of the bunch I think all these guys could start at some point in year 1.
Reese Dismukes
Hroniss Grasu
BJ Finney
Andy Gallik
Shaq Mason -- my personal mid round favorite prospect who could play guard also.

All these guys will be starting for someone if given the chance next year in my very humble opinion.

CodeMonkey

Although I think Erving is the best of the bunch I think all these guys could start at some point in year 1.
Reese Dismukes
Hroniss Grasu
BJ Finney
Andy Gallik
Shaq Mason -- my personal mid round favorite prospect who could play guard also.

All these guys will be starting for someone if given the chance next year in my very humble opinion.
I'm willing to negotiate one of those guys into this scenario but Erving stays! lol

Last edited:

thehammer

Rookie
don't you will have to move into the 1st rd for Erving....early 2nd guy IMO...
BUT big drop off in talent after him...rest look like 4/5th rd types not sure any would be a major improvement over a resigned Barnes, Jones or Rhaney..still waiting on Max Garcia's pro day this week..wouldn't be surprised he moves to 2nd best center prospect if you exclude Marpet. Also Grasu probably played around 280 in college and is a pumped up 300 lacking strength...other 3 tested poorly...Gallik did the best but nothing to write home about

. Rhaney had an elite sparq score and only needed to had strength to be a solid potential starter

Stel

Starter
. Rhaney had an elite sparq score and only needed to had strength to be a solid potential starter

Sure would be nice to know what they really have and/or think they have in Rhaney. If the Rams think Rhaney is a future starter at center (especially if they think he can start this year), I don't think they'd be interested in any of the centers in this draft.

CodeMonkey

don't you will have to move into the 1st rd for Erving....early 2nd guy IMO...
BUT big drop off in talent after him...rest look like 4/5th rd types not sure any would be a major improvement over a resigned Barnes, Jones or Rhaney..still waiting on Max Garcia's pro day this week..wouldn't be surprised he moves to 2nd best center prospect if you exclude Marpet. Also Grasu probably played around 280 in college and is a pumped up 300 lacking strength...other 3 tested poorly...Gallik did the best but nothing to write home about

Welcome Hammer!

Yes, I see Erving ranked around 25 and generally gets mocked at the end of 1. I think in actuality he goes higher and you need to be mid round to get him. Here I moved down from our first to gain resources to trade our second up to land him.

I do find Marpet intriguing. I think he climbs the boards yet too.

Hopefully Rhaney has bulked up and is ready this season. I liked the pick at the time. I, like you, am concerned whether this center class is starter ready.

One way or the other though it's clear this draft better be a good one r/e the OL!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
It would be wonderful if either Jones or Rhaney proved to be quality starters.

But we simply can't count on that, can we? At least based upon the info available to we fans.

Therefore, it seems only prudent to make plans as if they will not be starter options at all.

IOW, "hope" is not a strategy. Lol.

CodeMonkey

Petty want be there in 3rd. Hell he might not be there when we pick In 2nd round
Probably not but in my simulation he was and I wanted a QB somewhere so went that way. Who do you want in that spot in this scenario?