My Question.....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

markstewart67

Rookie
Now I will admit I do not watch a lot of college football, and get most of my information from television and forums like this...... this admittedly being my favorite place during the draft season. My question is, Is Goff really that bad. I mean why was he rated so high by everybody?? I can question whether or not Fisher and Snead know what they're doing, but it wasn't only them that rated him so high!! NFL Network, ESPN, Pro Football Weekly.... I mean everybody!! The kid didn't even dress for day one!! All these other rookies that were drafted behind him are doing great, and he can't even get on the field. What happened? I really expected to hear that Goff was gonna start this week, I guess he really is that bad. I'm trying to put the kid down, I'm just floored.

A55VA6

Legend
Goff has all the tools, that's why he went #1 overall. The only reason he's not starting is because forcing him into the starting role right away is not ideal to Jeff Fisher.

You have to remember, Fisher has experience with this - drafted Steve McNair with the 3rd overall pick and he was Chris Chandler's backup for nearly 2 seasons.

I wish Goff was starting right now, but it's just not going to happen.

But our future could be bright. Goff will be a good one.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
You're just as confused as most of us, he should be starting. We knew from the start Keenum was a good backup QB.

fearsomefour

Legend
He hadn't ever lined up under center or called plays is my understanding.
Finding a QB with a big arm is the easy part. Goff has it physically, not much question about that.
The mental part of it....reading a D, being able to audible ect. That is where he is lacking I am sure. It's the difference between playing big boy football and playing in a O designed to keep things simple. See Kap coming out of the pistol at Nevada.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff is going to be a star. Unfortunately, Fisher doesn't share the same philosophy with rookie QBs that most of the NFL does today.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Jared has all of the tools and physical ability, and I would love to see him play sooner than later. But he is only 21 years old and I think they are letting him get stronger and watch the offense from a different point of view. Not to mention we don't have the best O line in the world and I would hate to see him get hurt or start to hesitate like Bradford did due to all of the pressure. We all thought we are a QB away from the playoffs and that might be true but I think Jared was drafted so high because he can be the future of the franchise for a very long time .

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, somebody had to come along and make Jamarcus Russell relevant again....

Rambo

UDFA
I think its that Fisher thinks he's still a little disoriented, or thats at least the way he seemed in preseason. Hes trying to give him as much time as possible to be settled in and know exactly what he's doing. I dont think it has anything to do with his play or his physical ability. Its just that he's not completely clear about everything, everybody is like that when you move to a new place, start a new job etc... The difference in NFL football is you get sacked by people that weigh 350 lbs. Fisher is just taking as long a a possible, even much longer than necessary to be sure.

I think at this point if they lose a couple games and Keenum is playing bad that he will put him in. They will have to lose though, if they win and it looks like they can make the playoffs I dont think Goff will come in at all this year, unless Keenum gets injured.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Right on Rambo .All these folks clamoring Rams spent so many draft picks Goff has to start. That's exactly the reason they aren't starting him. They want him to be as prepared as possible.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Goff is going to be a star. Unfortunately, Fisher doesn't share the same philosophy with rookie QBs that most of the NFL does today.
Feels like Christmas has been delayed or something.
Honestly feel even with the bumps in the road Goff will encounter
this is a better team with him at the helm.He is a playmaker plain and simple.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
No doubt in my mind he should be starting at this point. Period.
I think you give Keenum another start. Take-away the two picks last week and look at how he performed, I'll give him one more game, to see how he responds to last weeks loss, before I start calling for Goff!

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
If Goff isn't starting after the bye week at home vs the Panthers, I will truly be baffled.

I've been patient and mostly positive with trusting coach Fisher's judgement that he hasn't been ready for the big stage. Fisher and his staff observe him weekly in practice and I'm sure Boras has his moments with Weinke in the quarterback film room picking JG's brain after each game.

We have to believe they've been breaking down film with JG after each of the first 5 games and converse with him about what he sees and has been learning from the sideline. Surely JG has tons more of the playbook verbiage memorized compared to two months ago.

I'm sure Weinke and Boras have a big say in convincing Fisher when Goff is ready to trot out on the field as the starter and those conversations are likely heating up a little more each passing week.

We are 5 games into the 2016 season and Case Keenum has done a decent job been buying time for the 21 year old rookie signal caller. In just 2 days Jared Goff turns 22 years old on October 14th.

640x434.jpg