My props to the Cards

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I normally do this in their house, but they banned me. It's OK, I understand you were scared and why. You're human too.

The Cards had my sphincter at full contraction all game. ZERO chance of a peek-a-boo no matter how much cheese I ate that was determined to get out.

The Cards showed and showed they won't lay down for anyone. It came down to the wire in a great game. Really, we Rams' fans were almost about to surrender at the end knowing our history. I literally said "This is bad" when the Rams lost possession to the Cards with time and only down by two,

And then there was Gurley who we weren't even sure was ready to play hard.

I am more impressed with the Cards now than I was before. You do NOT just show for weak opponents, you just show. My bad for underestimating you. I'm almost bummed we gave you a lesson you can grow on so early in the season just as the Skins did to us.

I expect the Rams will be fighting to take over the NFCW until the end. I DO think they will, but not for lack of amazing Cards games, that's just who we are and what we will become when it all comes online. We are still not near our ceiling.

I will reiterate, you listened to the media about the Rams and, except for the tiny minority who actually follow all football (just like most of us don't), you failed to grasp, we are an EMERGING team that had a lot of people out in a new scheme with a new OC and QB. When this machine gets rolling, and you haven't seen anything, it's going to be one of the best.

The Cards already are one of the best. We are playing catchup. But catch up we will. When we next meet, it may be the best game of the season for the entire NFL. Two teams who couldn't care less who the SB teams were last season battling it out for NFCW supremacy against all media BS odds.

I'm thankful Palmer is not hurt. I'm bummed Tree is. He is a cog we can't replace easily. Palmer is one you can't replace at all.

Go forth Cards' fans with pride and either with respect for the Rams or delusions we aren't who I said we would be. Either way, I want us to both stomp the snot out of the Niners and Hawks. Don't you dare let them up!

Cards!

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Got this from azcentral: Cards fans really show a lot of love for Rams in their mostly unbiased opinions...surprising, seriously....
good read; and read what they say about Tavon, JL and Iupati...interesting
Quick Reactions

[www.arizonasportsfans.com]

* Hard to imagine the defense playing this poorly---worst game by them in a long time. Still can't believe, however, that neither of the two Ram fumbles resulted in turnovers on the 5 yard line.

* Interesting that the Rams' defense, which could put pressure on Palmer with a 4 man rush, threw blitz after blitz at Palmer. I thought I was watching a Todd Bowles defense against us.

* Clearly the offense looked intimidated by the Rams' defense and so did BA whose third down and short calls were consistently questionable, as were some second half decisions to just kick the FGs. I think BA is going to rethink his choices in this game.

* Still can't believe Carson Palmer threw 3 bad passes after the 2 minute warning---been so used to his accuracy. But---this is what relentless pressure can do, as we saw when Bowles was our DC.

* I think it was a mistake to start Iupati in this game and thought so at the time because his weakness in pass pro isn't his man head on it's on being quick enough to switch on twists and inside blitzes and Laurinaitus ate him up.

* Still can't believe Larsen was made inactive. He should have been in there at the end when we need the best pass pro possible.

* Team MVP was Chandler Catanzaro---not only for his 5/5 FGs, but for making tackles on kickoffs, which remain another weakness, kick coverage.

* Still think there are better options on key third downs than passing to Jermaine Gresham. I hope I am proved wrong. But that play still bothers me the most. David Johnson missing the TD catch, I can attribute to inexperience and that the pass came out quicker than he expected. But the Gresham drop was at a time when the Cardinals could have taken the lead and control of the game. Was really surprised, to see BA concede that field position on 4th and 2 and go for the FG.

* I still maintain that for the Cardinals in 2012 draft, Tavon Austin, would have been better pick than G Jonathan Cooper. Yes, we have a good speed WR in John Brown, but Austin is so versatile and electric and imagine if we had them both. If BA had had Austin the last three years he would be a Pro Bowler by now.

* Still worried about the Cardinals lack of speed at LB all across the board. I would like to see Steve Keim make a trade---

* But two things stand out to me at this point: one is that Carson Palmer can't keep getting hit like this or he is not going to last 16 games and two is that without edge pressure, QBs like Nick Foles can stand in the pocket and deliver even off double clutches.

* It should be interesting to see how the Cardinals respond this week. I think we will learn a lot. It sure looked like the team lost complete focus at the end of this game.

* Good performances from Fitzgerald (despite the fumble), Floyd, Chris Johnson, John Brown, Frostee Rucker, Calais Campbell, Patrick Peterson and Carson Palmer (save the late throwback bomb INT to John Brown, which is a throw that has to be made early, otherwise Brown will slow down and let the defense adjust as they did, and the rushed inaccurate three throws to end the game).
--------
Arians wet the bed in this game. What's up with the 3 consecutive pass plays needing only two yards too keep game alive?
-------
Austin is garbage and has done nothing.
-------
7 catches for 96 yards and 2 scores while adding 20 rushing yards is far from garbage. And remember, his QB's throughout his career have been Sam Bradfors, Kellen Clemens, Austin Davis, and Shawn Hill throwing at time for 2 seasons. Foles is the best QB he's had in his short career.
-------
Now that he has an OC and a QB who seem to know how to create space for him---he is going to be tough for any team to defend.
-------
Yesterday was BA's Birthday , did he over celebrate , I don't know , but this was the worst prepared I have seen from BA or the team in his 37 games coached .
--------
Except for playing the Rams again, we will not face a better defense in my opinion. Glad in the perspective we got that first loss out of the way... just wish it would not have been at home against a divisional opponent lol
-------
The Seahawks are just as good if not better---but the Rams are loaded---CB Jenoris Jenkins is a stud, so is Laurinaitis---their safeties are tough and very under-rated---and their pass rush is the most talented, better than the Seahawks'.
--------
this is the first game I've ever been disappointed by an Arians team. I literally can't remember another game I believed we should win hands down only to come out and lay such a huge egg.

sucks. Will be interesting to see how they respond on the road next week.
--------
If the Cards can play a game this badly and almost win that's something.

There were 6 or 7 individual plays that if any one of them doesn't happen we win this game.

Considering a FG wins this game if...

DJ doesn't fumble the kickoff,
Fitz doesn't fumble,
DJ catches the the TD pass,
The non called fumble ( what a BS call that was),
The fumble we didn't recover (how did we not???),
Greshams drop ( may have turn 3 into 7),
and there is more.

Even with all the defensive breakdowns we still could and maybe even should have won this game.

Hats off to the Rams. They played a great game and were very opportunistic.

Let's lick our wounds and rebound next week on the road. We are 3-1 and still lead the division. It's not the end of the world, but it's time to come back down to earth and accept the fact that we were not going to go through the whole season without a loss.

There have been games we made mistakes and learned from them but the didn't cost us the game. And then there are games where you make mistakes and it cost us a loss.

This was one of those.
-------
Said this before, but you sound like Jeff Fisher. We mocked him for saying the same thing in his presser during the week.
-------
agreed.

and the whole "it says a lot that we almost won"... is this THREE YEARS AGO, when we didn't expect to win games? We just played a thoroughly mediocre team at home and lost. All that says to me is we laid a huge freaking egg and wasted an opportunity to go to 4-0 overall, 4-0 in the conference and 2-0 in the division. Nothing about that makes me feel good in any way shape or form.

this was a pretty pathetic loss to a pretty mediocre team. that's all. gotta get it back and going next week.
--------
If this were Detroit(say what you want but they still have a potent offense), Baltimore, Pittsburgh, or Seattle then I'm with you but it was the Rams. A team that scored a combined 16 points the previous 2 games. It's a bitter pill to swallow and now I know how Seattle feels.
--------
I can see why you might say that. However, they spoke of one play in one game and one play in another game. I'm pointing out seven or eight plays in ONE game.

As I said , hats off to the Rams. They beat us and they have beaten the Seahawks so kudos to them.

The key to beating most teams is turnovers. The Rams simply do not have the offense for the long run without getting help with turnovers. I believe we have the ability to do just that, however, today we didn't.

The cream will rise to the top...and it will be red and white.
--------
The Rams are a different offense this year---they just need time to settle into their new schemes and QB---but with a bell cow RB in Gurley, a game changer in Tavon Austin and a top TE in Cook, once their young o-line settles in, their offense could be very good.

The Cardinals failed to rattle Nick Foles---that was a big reason why they won.

On the other hand, the Rams threw the kitchen sink at Palmer and while Palmer was one tough cookie, he and the offense couldn't finish drives or the big drive at the end of the game.