my prediction on starting lineup next year offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Yeah I really don't care where a guy is drafted at all so I get that. And I was high on Quick when they drafted him but he seems headed to an "average" career at best to me for all the things I have previously mentioned, not to mention he drops way too many passes for the limited # he's received. This year alone he was doinked in the head @ Houston, dropped a 1st down pass on Rams second possession vs Carolina then later in same game he drops a perfectly thrown TD pass. Add this to the fact he does not compete well for the ball in the air, is a body catcher rather than hands catcher, runs routes consistently short of the sticks and to me that adds up to a big disappointment I don't see getting better any time soon, certainly not a guy I'd remotely count on for big things in 2014, that much is for sure.
This is still another perception thing, where certain plays just stand out in people's mind but aren't really a true reflection of the players overall performance.

The Rams players with a higher drop percentage than Quick, in order ...

Richardson
Harkey
Austin
Cook
Pettis
Stacy

CoachO

Hall of Fame
He has some nice plays, he has some crappy plays. We need more nice plays. He'll get his shot with Sam but will he take advantage of it? I really don't know and that's the problem.

I agree, he needs to make more plays. But the thing is, he is no different than any other WR who is still learning. IMO, the biggest thing is his "bad" plays tend to stand out because he (and most all of the WRs these days) have such limited opportunities. C. Johnson drops his share of passes. AJ Green more than his share. But when they are targeted 15 times a game, dropping two passes get lost in the shuffle.

With Quick, and all of the other guys right now, when they get 3 passes (on a good day) thrown their way, everything is magnified. And that isn't the WR's fault. At least not in my mind.

RFIP

The question I have for you and others who seem to be down on Quick...... Why is it you only seem to recall the gaffes when it comes to him, and never seem to mention the TD catches where he high points the ball and WINS contested balls over DBs? And yes, there are have been more than one. Why don't you ever mention the 73 yard catch and run in the Carolina game when he got behind the secondary on the first play of the 2nd half? Or the first TD of his career last year when he tossed the CB aside like a ragdoll and ran down the sideline uncontested?

You seem to think he is the ONLY WR to ever make a bad read on a hot route. The guy has 29 catches in his brief career, with FOUR TDs. His YPC is 15.79. By comparison, Givens has 76 catches while being the starter with a whopping THREE TDs (0) this year!!!

Brian Quick has the ability to be the playmaker this team has searched for. He has improved dramatically this year, and as I mentioned earlier in this thread, losing Bradford derailed any further development of the entire WR corp, but particularly Quick's. He was a focal point of the game plan in the Carolina game, and hasn't been since.

Honestly, outside of the fade TD vs Minny last year I can not think of a single ball he's ever high pointed in the NFL. I CAN think of balls where he was given the chance to high point them but failed miserably, leading to int's like 2-3 times last year in the EZ vs Peterson and the Cardinals.

This isn't a matter of IF he can do these things, it's a matter of WHEN will he do them, if EVER?

As for the 2014 Rams offense, they need a #1 wr BADLY and Watkins IS that guy. He's MILES adead of Quick. And if Quick DOES "get it" next season? That would be gravy.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This is still another perception thing, where certain plays just stand out in people's mind but aren't really a true reflection of the players overall performance.

The Rams players with a higher drop percentage than Quick, in order ...

Richardson
Harkey
Austin
Cook
Pettis
Stacy

Nice work. What's a Zaphod?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I agree, he needs to make more plays. But the thing is, he is no different than any other WR who is still learning. IMO, the biggest thing is his "bad" plays tend to stand out because he (and most all of the WRs these days) have such limited opportunities. C. Johnson drops his share of passes. AJ Green more than his share. But when they are targeted 15 times a game, dropping two passes get lost in the shuffle.

With Quick, and all of the other guys right now, when they get 3 passes (on a good day) thrown their way, everything is magnified. And that isn't the WR's fault. At least not in my mind.

Very true. On a limited number of passes Quick's mistakes are magnified. Hopefully with increased passes thrown his way he'll develope more constancy in making plays. We really need him to break out next year, it's time.