My photos from Rams Camp in Oxnard

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramzee

Rookie
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Draftnikcentral/113312305506370?fref=ts

I posted them on my facebook account. I have a bunch more. I'll post some more soon. I am going to post some pics of the brawl as well in another photo album later today. A lot of the brawl happened right in my lap. I got some great vantage points but unfortunately not a lot pics of it all!
icon_sad.gif

Enjoy!

Ramzee

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Np fellas! Hope you enjoyed them.

A few thoughts from Rams camp... I mostly watched the Rams offense vs the Cowboys defense.

WR one-on-ones: I watched the WR's go against the Cowboys DB's early on the second day and the Rams were winning pretty much every match up one-on-one. Case Keenum was the QB on those drills. They even drew a few PI's. The Cowboys seemed very over-matched in this department. Kinda crazy, given our history. Are our guys that much better this year or were the DB's just that bad? Seemed to be both.

TE's/RB's passing drills: Nick Foles was over here doing the passing in these drills and again, our RBs/TEs seemed to be over matched against the Cowboys LBers. Usually the running backs hand the linebackers their asses in the passing drills but it's the other way around in the pass pro drills. Our TE's were looking like studs though. Cook had a few TD's. Including a nice one in the back of the end zone ala the old GSOT days with the crossers in the back of the end zone.

OL: I couldn't see past the Cowboys DL to see the OL drills. I know Mannion was the QB over there but I couldn't see much.

HB 7-on-7 drills: The Rams are so stacked at HB. Tell me something we don't know?! Gurley is going to be great. Mason already is in his own way. The surprise will be Pead. This guy has the right skillset to be good in this league in some capacity. The Rams are not wrong to keep him around. In fact, he had three what-would-have-been huge runs during the drills. I can imagine he probably would have taken at least two to the house. Chase Reynolds got in on some of that action too. He had a nice few runs. Mason does well running between the tackles for a small guy.

Foles: This guy throws the ball just like me... hard. He puts zip on every pass. Even in the warm ups. Just how I like it. He seemed to have very good accuracy on the day and showed nice touch at times too. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in the live games. We may have ourselves our franchise QB. Only negative on the day I really noticed was forcing some bad throws under pressure. Throws you KNOW NOT to make. It's only practice.

Greg The Leg: Hit everything. Including a 65 yarder to end the kicking drill.

Scrimmage: Let me focus on the OL cuz that's what I typically love to do. Rams OL on the interior was giving up some ass right from the start on many plays. It looked like Foles would get the snap and have instant push in his face. This was pretty routine most of the day. Robinson looked like he was holding his own on the outside and so was Havenstein from what I saw. The interior needs some help but Saffold sat out so maybe that made a noticeable difference. When the QB did have TIME, the Rams moved the ball up the field just fine through the air. The holes weren't quite there on a lot of the runs though. We need some help there getting that push. Snap anticipation and quickness off the ball need some work for sure. Time, experience.

Fight!: Let me jkust preface this by saying, there is a special place in my heart for commraderie. I love guys who are willing to stick their neck out for their brothers and don't hesitate to do so. With that said, I'm proud of a few Rams players for coming to their teammates aid.

Rams fans were getting under the skin of some of the Cowboys on the sidelines. And they let it show on the field a few times. A lot of our younger/smaller guys are extremely fiesty. The guys who are the quickest to jump into the fray and get their hands dirty seem to be our small skill guys. Tavon Awesome, Stedman Bailey and Todd Gurley to name a few. Gurley especially was going out of his way to help his guys out, even without a helmet in isolated places on the field.

The fight broke out on field 2 with the offense. Mason kept getting knocked down in the non-contact drills and you could tell it was wearing on guys patience. I started off on the north end of the field 2 and then it ended up on the south end. Fighting up and down the field. At one point Tavon Austin was fighting a DB all by himself in the end zone and then two other cowboys jumped in. He was holding his own too. That's when the defense from field one decided to come help their guys out. Eugene Sims completely leveled some guy I didn't see on any of the videos. He was the first one of the defensive players to come over off of field one to help out the offense.

Cowboys may have started that fight but they didn't end it. Rams were all over everybody everywhere holding it down. Crazy way to end the camp. Chris Long came over to me and apologized for the fight after practice. It was a great time!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Np fellas! Hope you enjoyed them.

A few thoughts from Rams camp... I mostly watched the Rams offense vs the Cowboys defense.

WR one-on-ones: I watched the WR's go against the Cowboys DB's early on the second day and the Rams were winning pretty much every match up one-on-one. Case Keenum was the QB on those drills. They even drew a few PI's. The Cowboys seemed very over-matched in this department. Kinda crazy, given our history. Are our guys that much better this year or were the DB's just that bad? Seemed to be both.

TE's/RB's passing drills: Nick Foles was over here doing the passing in these drills and again, our RBs/TEs seemed to be over matched against the Cowboys LBers. Usually the running backs hand the linebackers their asses in the passing drills but it's the other way around in the pass pro drills. Our TE's were looking like studs though. Cook had a few TD's. Including a nice one in the back of the end zone ala the old GSOT days with the crossers in the back of the end zone.

OL: I couldn't see past the Cowboys DL to see the OL drills. I know Mannion was the QB over there but I couldn't see much.

HB 7-on-7 drills: The Rams are so stacked at HB. Tell me something we don't know?! Gurley is going to be great. Mason already is in his own way. The surprise will be Pead. This guy has the right skillset to be good in this league in some capacity. The Rams are not wrong to keep him around. In fact, he had three what-would-have-been huge runs during the drills. I can imagine he probably would have taken at least two to the house. Chase Reynolds got in on some of that action too. He had a nice few runs. Mason does well running between the tackles for a small guy.

Foles: This guy throws the ball just like me... hard. He puts zip on every pass. Even in the warm ups. Just how I like it. He seemed to have very good accuracy on the day and showed nice touch at times too. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in the live games. We may have ourselves our franchise QB. Only negative on the day I really noticed was forcing some bad throws under pressure. Throws you KNOW NOT to make. It's only practice.

Greg The Leg: Hit everything. Including a 65 yarder to end the kicking drill.

Scrimmage: Let me focus on the OL cuz that's what I typically love to do. Rams OL on the interior was giving up some ass right from the start on many plays. It looked like Foles would get the snap and have instant push in his face. This was pretty routine most of the day. Robinson looked like he was holding his own on the outside and so was Havenstein from what I saw. The interior needs some help but Saffold sat out so maybe that made a noticeable difference. When the QB did have TIME, the Rams moved the ball up the field just fine through the air. The holes weren't quite there on a lot of the runs though. We need some help there getting that push. Snap anticipation and quickness off the ball need some work for sure. Time, experience.

Fight!: Let me jkust preface this by saying, there is a special place in my heart for commraderie. I love guys who are willing to stick their neck out for their brothers and don't hesitate to do so. With that said, I'm proud of a few Rams players for coming to their teammates aid.

Rams fans were getting under the skin of some of the Cowboys on the sidelines. And they let it show on the field a few times. A lot of our younger/smaller guys are extremely fiesty. The guys who are the quickest to jump into the fray and get their hands dirty seem to be our small skill guys. Tavon Awesome, Stedman Bailey and Todd Gurley to name a few. Gurley especially was going out of his way to help his guys out, even without a helmet in isolated places on the field.

The fight broke out on field 2 with the offense. Mason kept getting knocked down in the non-contact drills and you could tell it was wearing on guys patience. I started off on the north end of the field 2 and then it ended up on the south end. Fighting up and down the field. At one point Tavon Austin was fighting a DB all by himself in the end zone and then two other cowboys jumped in. He was holding his own too. That's when the defense from field one decided to come help their guys out. Eugene Sims completely leveled some guy I didn't see on any of the videos. He was the first one of the defensive players to come over off of field one to help out the offense.

Cowboys may have started that fight but they didn't end it. Rams were all over everybody everywhere holding it down. Crazy way to end the camp. Chris Long came over to me and apologized for the fight after practice. It was a great time!!!
Thanks for the report Ramzee. Great stuff.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Speakin of the brawl... Do we have a new nickname? Eugene "Hulk Smash" Sims?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Great update Ramzee! Some reporters on TV said the fans were getting testy at each other too during this donnybrook. Did you notice any of that? Hope you had a good time. Sounds like it.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Good to see you, Ramzee. Thanks for the pictures and the report. It's always a pleasure.

Ramzee

Rookie
Np guys! Lots of familiar faces. What's up fellas?! Glad you guys liked it. Sorry it's so lacking in details. I'm lacking in time lol.

Let me try to answer everything...

@Merlin I love the nickname. Sims is one of my favorite players. He was putting in work out there sticking up for his teammates. I watched a few of the videos of the fights posted online and it looked like he was cheap shotting some guys out there. Let me assure you, he didn't hit anybody who didn't deserve it, whether he was late to the action or not. I'm the oldest of 3 brothers. I admire that. You don't let Tavon Austin get beat up. Treat him like your lil bro. I was telling some of the OL out there to help out a little more. It's kinda sad some of them weren't more involved. Glad the defense came over and lended a hand.

@Ramhusker I'll tell you, I literally bounced up and down that entire private fenced in area with all the fans next to the melee and I ended up right in the middle of the Sims massacre over in the southeast corner of field 2. I ran threw, past and around so many fans along the way. I did not notice any fans getting testy with each other but I must admit my focus was more on the field.

Like I said though, I was running up and down following the guys fighting from the north side all the way down to the south side and while some of the fans were trying to cram closer to the barricades (maybe squishing some people? Just guessing, I didn't get squished). Other than that, I didn't notice any fans fighting or arguing at all. Everyone was pretty embattled in the brawls on the field and trying to see as much as possible.

Ram fans definitely took the place over and you can tell Cowboy fans in the area felt kind of small but nobody was testy at all. Cowboy fans really didn't say much. I went up and down the entire length of the field all day and everybody was cool with me. Most of the people were talking to the players on the field, more so than each other.

I did have a great time! Been so long since I got to see the team up close.

Will do @Boston Ram and @RhodyRams :)

My pleasure @bomebadeeda !

Ram65

Legend
WR one-on-ones: I watched the WR's go against the Cowboys DB's early on the second day and the Rams were winning pretty much every match up one-on-one. Case Keenum was the QB on those drills. They even drew a few PI's. The Cowboys seemed very over-matched in this department. Kinda crazy, given our history. Are our guys that much better this year or were they

IIRC I read the Cowgirls were playing mostly backup DBs. Someone else may be able to verify that.

Nice to see the pics and read your thoughts. Glad to here about Foles arm. I too hope he does thing too much.

Ramzee

Rookie
They had their guys out there 65. Claiborne was getting heckled like crazy. I know he isn't their starter but he was the 6th overall pick and expected to be one. I didn't see Brandon Carr (not saying he wasn't there, just I didn't notice him) but I saw others.
IIRC I read the Cowgirls were playing mostly backup DBs. Someone else may be able to verify that.

Nice to see the pics and read your thoughts. Glad to here about Foles arm. I too hope he does thing too much.
Thanks 65. Nice to see you too!

Claiborne was getting heckled like crazy. I know he isn't their starter but he was the 6th overall pick and expected to be one. I didn't see Brandon Carr (not saying he wasn't there, just I didn't notice him) but I saw others. The only one I know of who wasn't there was their first rounder Byron Jones.