My personal odds for 6 key Ram extensions...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Based on status as of today, mind you.

Cory Littleton. Virtually 100%. I can’t imagine the Rams allowing him to slip away. They will find the money for this stud playmaker who is still ascending.

Dante Fowler. Around 80%, I think. He’s off to a great start and if he continues his level of play then the percentage just goes up. He’ll be expensive but he’ll also be a big value in Wade’s D.

Michael Brockers. Maybe 10%? I see Brockers as a cap casualty ala Saffold last year. Other players will need to be paid with the cap savings.

Aquib Talib. Maybe 30%? And even then only if he plays well this season, wants to extend at a home discount rate, AND if Peters is gone. That’s quite a parlay.

Marcus Peters. Maybe 30%, also? And this depends on MP having a helluva season, showing some maturity, accepting a reasonable contract amount, and only if Talib departs. Another big parlay. The Rams will NOT keep both Talib and Peters next year. Period. Simply couldn’t afford to.

Greg Zuerlein. Virtually 100%. Rams won’t break up the band and I sense that GZ will sign for a reasonable amount.

Clearly, Demoff will be sorely tested to keep as many of these vets as possible.

And Snead will be tested to find quality replacements for those that cannot be retained. A shrewd FA and draft will be crucial next offseason.

I know that there will be other UFA’s, but these 6 were the high profile ones that I wanted to focus on.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Anybody know what Muhammed Wilkerson's health status is ? He was injured almost a year ago, seems he should be ready soon to get back at it.
If he's 100% i'd like to see the Rams kick the tires for a free agent try-out. jmo.

dang

Legend
Anybody know what Muhammed Wilkerson's health status is ? He was injured almost a year ago, seems he should be ready soon to get back at it.
If he's 100% i'd like to see the Rams kick the tires for a free agent try-out. jmo.
I would tend to agree we need to consider options at NT. Saw nothing from SJD in week 1. Gaines will get some action this year but we need a stop gap until he is ready.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I read somewhere Kupp is getting close too. I would put him in the upper 90s, if not 100%

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I would tend to agree we need to consider options at NT. Saw nothing from SJD in week 1. Gaines will get some action this year but we need a stop gap until he is ready.

Like Brockers, Wilk could play inside or outside, but hopefully they get Gaines involved soon and Brockers finds his path again.
I wish I had a better understanding of why they kept SJD from competing those last 3 pre-season games.

TexasRam

Legend
Pretty solid odds Rams43, as it stands today.

Talib and Peters will be dependent on their 2019 performance. Ideally you would keep the younger Peters but alas Character and scheme concerns.

If Fowler gets himself in the 12 sack range then he may be back otherwise I can see us getting younger and cheaper with our other up and coming OLB's. Obo and Patrick etc.

Blythe, if he can turn in a big season may also be a must sign, considering we will have holes at both guard positions if Noteboom kicks to LT. Though Blythe didn't look so great the last few games he has played.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Pretty solid odds Rams43, as it stands today.

Talib and Peters will be dependent on their 2019 performance. Ideally you would keep the younger Peters but alas Character and scheme concerns.

If Fowler gets himself in the 12 sack range then he may be back otherwise I can see us getting younger and cheaper with our other up and coming OLB's. Obo and Patrick etc.

Blythe, if he can turn in a big season may also be a must sign, considering we will have holes at both guard positions if Noteboom kicks to LT. Though Blythe didn't look so great the last few games he has played.

I'll be pretty surprised if Blythe returns for 2020. Likely the Rams let him seek his payday thru free agency as they often do, and won't match. I suspect the Rams will use the middle rounds of the draft to fill OL depth just as they did this year, ... and who knows, perhaps next seasons starting RG is already on the roster or practice squad. jmo.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll be pretty surprised if Blythe returns for 2020. Likely the Rams let him seek his payday thru free agency as they often do, and won't match. I suspect the Rams will use the middle rounds of the draft to fill OL depth just as they did this year, ... and who knows, perhaps next seasons starting RG is already on the roster or practice squad. jmo.

Yeah, unless he improves significantly, I suspect he's gone. He's not horrible, but he's not irreplaceable either. Either there's an internal replacement, a draft pick they want to start immediately, or a free agent they think is better, but he'll be replaced unless he's showing better than he has so far. He's not horrible, but he is what he is - overall, replaceable. Fine when you are cheap, but not a selling point if you are getting expensive.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Smarter people than me have watched Peters - said he’s good in (zone) coverage- maybe he is, but in the “get off my lawn” mode, if you can’t tackle, adios mofo.
I know that’s a bit simplistic- talking heads and fans alike say he’s great, so maybe I’m missing something. But I don’t see it.

I fucking loved Jenkins, and CW was he couldn’t tackle which I disagree(d) with.

Anyway, would not resign him period. Talib otth - in a heartbeat.
He is not going to cost much, has a good demeanor, can still play, and provides continuity and no bullshit leadership, ala Chris Carter.

My 2 cents.

jjab360

Legend
i'd put Littleton at about 80%. i could see him playing beyond the level of a contract we could afford to keep him at.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Kupp and Zuerlin feel high priority and should be affordable.

Fowler and others... TBD.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Littleton needs to be re-signed, and I don't care how much it costs. The guy is clearly one of the best inside linebackers in the game and does everything well.

Zuerlein should also be re-signed, because there really aren't many kickers who do what he does.

As far as the others this season? I'm not sure yet. As for next year, Kupp and - especially - John Johnson III are key players I'd re-sign.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd put Fowler above Littleton after game 1. Odds are they would actually cost close to the same (maybe Fowler a few million more), and teams seem to place more value on pass rushers, so that would be closer to his actual value.

Littleton seems destined for the franchise tag.

Kupp and JJ will be wanting extensions - and as much as I love him, JJ could hold out next year - will be interesting.

I think Peters will be the odd man out - as well as Talib, and I have a prediction for who our starting CBs will be next year:

Janoris Jenkins
Long
NRC
Hill
Draft pick
Williams

There will be zero reason for the Giants to hold onto him, and he's a press corner that will actually be a good value (cheaper than what it would take to re-sign Peters).

My official offseason contract predictions right now:

Littleton - franchised
Fowler - re-signed
Kupp - extended

Talib and Whitworth retire, Blythe and Peters move on - that leaves just JJ that the Rams have to figure out moving forward.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I agree on Brockers and hope they can find a way to keep Fowler and Peters. Talib will be well past his prime at the end of this season.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Fowler is going to cost significant money.

Littleton not nearly as much as ILBs are paid significantly less... I expect Littleton to be extended, maybe soon. His play has been a steady escalation and don't think that the FO wants to be paying for a full season of this dominance. Of everyone, I expect Littleton to be extended DURING the season.

Fowler, Kupp and Zuerlein are going to be resigned... 100%.

McVay's ability to put people in position to succeed and support them is the straw that stirs the drink.

I think Fowler's going to be expensive, but I also think we'll get a bit of a discount compared to if he was gonna sign with the Jets or Tampa...

Edit: The harder resigning is gonna be Woods when he comes up as he's really outperformed his contract. Balancing all the WR contracts is gonna be tough. Of all the players, Woods might be the odd man out when his contract is up unless a couple of the DBs really step up and we can replace Peters and Talib's contracts. That's at least a season away, tho.