My optimism is creeping up again. 7-2?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The fact most of us here on this board check in at least 3 times a day tells me we still have some hope for this soul crushing season. Small chance as it may be, I love the positive vibes!

…..

Legend
I think as a fan, there is always HOPE. Faith might be a bit much for me right now considering the year we've already had.

For me, I still hope and expect to win. I expect good solid play. I'm a fan that will take a moral victory when we play well and lose. I am still going to get upset if we play poorly and I am going to expect our coaching staff to find ways to put us in positions to win. If they dont, I'll find something to be pissed about, because I am rabid.

Do I think we will win? No...not now, not with the injuries....not with losing captains on both sides of the ball. But yes there is a chance and yes I will be cheering my boys on every Sunday, hoping that we find a way to win. Theres a few victories out there sitting like low hanging fruit. We'll get those I'm sure.

But Playoffs? Um....not in this camp. But theres nothing wrong with the OP thinking its possible.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah man - I get it. I just don't like seeing a thread like this being turned when it really is not necessary.

fearsomefour

Legend
And that hurts you how? Frankly, I am tired of this realism crap. We are fans. Don't pee pee on someone else's optimism because you don't buy in. It's really pretty simple.
Realism is crap.
March, march party line, got it.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Legatron, why you so pessimistic? I'm seeing 8-1 easy. :sneaky:

Hahaha dude I'll smoke that shit all day. I wish I could be at every single game and just fucking scream my ass off for the team. But I have resort doing it at my house.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
No matter what my head says, my heart bleeds blue and gold and says that they can win every game forever.

So no issues with optimism here.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I can understand positivity but I think 7-2 is a tad unrealistic :)

Fair play though, wish I had your optimism! *gives the thumbs up*

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Realism is crap.
March, march party line, got it.
Look. I don't care who you think you are here nor how cute you think this statement is. If you are looking to play the martyr then I'm fine with that. But you have been here for a long enough time. Do you really think I don't have the best intentions for this site and its members at heart? That is ALL I care about. I don't do this for money - I do this because this site is the best site out there and I will do what I have to in order to keep it that way.

There is no party line - just don't act entitled to inject venom with impunity. It's pretty simple actually.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hahaha dude I'll smoke that crap all day. I wish I could be at every single game and just freaking scream my ass off for the team. But I have resort doing it at my house.
I have to keep the screaming to a mimium (it scares the kids) but I'm with you on that

fearsomefour

Legend
Look. I don't care who you think you are here nor how cute you think this statement is. If you are looking to play the martyr then I'm fine with that. But you have been here a long time. Do you really think I don't have the best intentions for this site and its members at heart? That is ALL I care about. I don't do this for money - I do this because this site is the best site out there and I will do what I have to in order to keep it that way.

There is no party line - just don't act entitled to inject venom with impunity. It's pretty simple actually.
Ok. I agree with all of that.
I love the site....best one around by a country mile. I was not trying to be venomous with my response to the thread. Reading back I can see how it was perceived that way.
We all find different things (threads) irritating. The "Fix" ones drive me nuts for example. I don't think that makes my opinion any more valid than any one else's.
As for being a martyr that's the last thing I want. I enjoy the site and the Rams too much.
I don't think I have personally attacked posters or called anyone names. As for my initial response being "cute" I was attempting humor to offset where things were going. Backfired.
At any rate, I agree we are all Ram fans and have that in common and that is what matters most.
Ever forward....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Wew
Ok. I agree with all of that.
I love the site....best one around by a country mile. I was not trying to be venomous with my response to the thread. Reading back I can see how it was perceived that way.
We all find different things (threads) irritating. The "Fix" ones drive me nuts for example. I don't think that makes my opinion any more valid than any one else's.
As for being a martyr that's the last thing I want. I enjoy the site and the Rams too much.
I don't think I have personally attacked posters or called anyone names. As for my initial response being "cute" I was attempting humor to offset where things were going. Backfired.
At any rate, I agree we are all Ram fans and have that in common and that is what matters most.
Ever forward....
Wew! My apologies man. I'm sorry if I mischaracterized your post. I read back through your posts for a ways back on other threads. Thanks for the response.

fearsomefour

Legend
Wew

Wew! My apologies man. I'm sorry if I mischaracterized your post. I read back through your posts for a ways back on other threads. Thanks for the response.
No need to apologize.
I can get negative. Out of frustration and my crazy "Ramness". I just don't to have to walk on egg shells.
That said, I agree with you on this thread....if a dude is seeing 7-2, no need for me to pee on it.
Hell, I hope he's right!!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
@Legatron4 I have us at 9-0. Why so pessimistic?
Oh yeah, oh yeah?!

I have us being 10 - -1 for the rest of the season after the NFL determines that the 1st 49er game was so badly called that they retroactively give it to us by forfeit.

This will happen just after Goodell resigns and a commissioner who cares about the actual integrity of the league takes over (and reopens Spygate investigations with just discovered copies of the destroyed evidence) and a gorgeous supermodel turns up on my front porch naked giving me the deed to her diamond mine.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I really want to keep believing but it's gone for now. I'm sure something will alter the Niners game whether that's a handful of bs infractions, Inability to capitalize off turnovers, and/or lack of time of possession adv.