My optimism is creeping up again. 7-2?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I know it sounds crazy. But it's been done before. The 2002 Jets made the playoffs after starting 2-5 and ended up going 7-2 to end up 9-7 on the year. That was Herm Edwards famous "you play to win the game" rant.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-iJUuPWis

Looking at our remaining schedule, we need wins vs: 49ers, Cardinals(2x), Raiders, Redskins, Giants and an upset vs either the Broncos, Chargers and Seahawks. I think that's the way we would do it if it were to happen. It sounds impossible from the way we are playing and all the injuries and us being the Rams. But I haven't given up hope. Let's go Rams!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I like the way you think, but I'm not ready to put you in charge of my portfolio, no offense

…..

Legend
Win? Optimism ?huh?

Did we hire Bruce Ariens?

I'm sorry dude but in order for us to win ANY games, Fisher aint that type of coach. We need enthusiasm and oprimism and miracle speeches. Aint gonna get that from old school.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Until it doesn't happen, it's always a possibility. I like your thinking. I am, however, terrified of how we'll operate down three offensive linemen, our top wideout, our defensive leader, and still possibly our top two corners. Go Rams. Beat the odds. Beat the shit out of those odds.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
I'm in C' Mon Rams make it happen,doing that in this division and our remaining schedule. Not to mention the health or lack of the team right now,would be nothing short of a miracle.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I know it sounds crazy. But it's been done before. The 2002 Jets made the playoffs after starting 2-5 and ended up going 7-2 to end up 9-7 on the year. That was Herm Edwards famous "you play to win the game" rant.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-iJUuPWis

Looking at our remaining schedule, we need wins vs: 49ers, Cardinals(2x), Raiders, Redskins, Giants and an upset vs either the Broncos, Chargers and Seahawks. I think that's the way we would do it if it were to happen. It sounds impossible from the way we are playing and all the injuries and us being the Rams. But I haven't given up hope. Let's go Rams!

this is the 1st thread I have read today, and you have started it off on a good up-beat note!! Thanks!!

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I still think this is a good team. There was no less than 6 injuries last week. It's difficult to move the ball when 3/5 of the offensive line has to be replaced in the game. The line should play better Sunday. I don't know how they will incorporate Barron or if he'll even be ready to play. Regardless of who plays, I expect the Rams to crush the 49ers.

49ers are so stupid they don't know that there are actually 53 of them on the team.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I need some reason for optimism. The Rams are just not playing well in any phase of the game. The only hope is the blind hope that guys will come back from injury and dominate (TruJo and CLong) or the injury replacement guys will dominate (Person and Barrett Jones and Stedman Bailey). Have to hope that the light finally clicks on for this D.

But even if... The team needs to develop a winning mentality. It seems like one bad thing happens and the team crumbles.

And don't get me started on the refs, who it seems like extend a few opponent drives every week with bizarre penalty calls (defensive holding against the Rams on third and 12). The refs really seem to bring their A game against the Rams on the money downs. No reason for optimism that will ever stop.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Until it doesn't happen, it's always a possibility. I like your thinking. I am, however, terrified of how we'll operate down three offensive linemen, our top wideout, our defensive leader, and still possibly our top two corners. Go Rams. Beat the odds. Beat the crap out of those odds.
Well, we did in '99 when we lost Trent Green. So I say YES we can do it again!!!!:D

ram007

Starter
rams should win 8 of the last 9 to have a shot at play offs. Look at the NFC this year. Brutal.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
But even if... The team needs to develop a winning mentality. It seems like one bad thing happens and the team crumbles.
The ONLY crumbling I see is in the Faith of some Rams Fans!!

AZRamsFan93

It is not going to happen. Sorry. Unreasonable expectations coupled with unfounded optimism only leads to anger and disillusionment. It is much easier to expect the likely and then be pleasantly surprised when the team exceeds expectations.

fearsomefour

Legend
It is not going to happen. Sorry. Unreasonable expectations coupled with unfounded optimism only leads to anger and disillusionment. It is much easier to expect the likely and then be pleasantly surprised when the team exceeds expectations.
I agree. I see no real benefit to looking at a pile of stink and calling it birthday cake, so to speak.