My only issue with our draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Note in the most recent draft vid McVay at the end (where they tease vid #3) is adamant about finding a starter. This answers the question on what they thought of the other OG depth pieces being ready.

The pick was a tell too of course but could have been for competition. That is probably not gonna be the case now and it may be an indicator they are more likely to keep 9 in that room than 10.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Note in the most recent draft vid McVay at the end (where they tease vid #3) is adamant about finding a starter. This answers the question on what they thought of the other OG depth pieces being ready.

The pick was a tell too of course but could have been for competition. That is probably not gonna be the case now and it may be an indicator they are more likely to keep 9 in that room than 10.
Agree with you on "what they thought of the other OG depth pieces being ready."

The Rams had some problems in here @ OG last season.....

#1- Total failure on all endeavors to groom & plug Bobby Evans as a reserve swing OG. That experiment should finally be buried.

#2- Tremayne Anchrum's preseason knee injury also totally halted his 2021 development into an interior reserve OG.

#3- Swing Reserve OG Chandler Brewer who has not seen a snap in the regular season since 2019 regressed in development after taking 2020 off due to covid 19.

#4- Swing interior reserve Jeremiah Kolone never saw the regular-season roster & remained on the PS for the entire 2021 season.

The only success Carberry had dealing with internal OL in developing depth was with Coleman Shelton. He put to rest any concerns any had on his ability to be the Key Swing Interior Reserve #6 OL'er by 2021 mid-season.

Ram65

Legend
Remember Punters are People too!

I know it's hard to spend a higher draft pick than a 6th or 7th rounder on a punter. Good ones can be found as UDRFA. The Rams didn't have any extra picks to spare this year. If they did Matt Araiza looks like a difference-maker. I posted that clip of him punting a 45-yarder with 5.53 hangtime. That is an insane amount of hang time with 45 yards. That should result in a fair catch every time. Most everyone has seen his highlights along with Jordan Stout another highly rated punter.

The Rams have a nice camp punter competition with Dixon and Dicker. They may add another camp leg. I'm sure the winner will do well. I will still watch the others to see how they do. The Rams plated a lot of close games last year. A good punter can help in close ones this year.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
IMO, Bruss is much better suited for Guard then tackle and 6'5 310lbs is not bad I also believe the reason that Snead prefers that prototype is because they pass block better. It's easier to teach someone to run block, but pass blocking is more of an art.

Now I believe Bruss is more of a natural guard than Edwards so I believe he'll fit well at RG and even offer more in the run game then Corbett did. However, again, I can't disagree with the success because the goal is to keep #9 clean and with the addition of Bruss at RG and only giving up one sack outside, should make his adjustment to the next level, that much easier IMHO.
View attachment 53995

The funny thing is the relationship they all have in Edwards & Havenstien.It was Mcvay who has stated the goal is to have Bruss starting from day 1 at RG next to the Veteran Leader in Big Rob.

Don’t know what you mean by success & goals if #9. I do agree that Bruss could be better than Corbett.Then again it’s still early I think a lot of things can happen from now & the first week of September.

What I liked is even though BubbaRam say Edwards is never going to play LT it was nice to see both him &’AJ Jackson got that bit of experience.Add The Rams won the game as well.