My neighbor's son was invited to the Ravens training camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Dustin Wharton Invited to Baltimore Ravens Training Camp
Wharton becomes third Hoya in three years to earn NFL Training Camp Invitation

10004711.jpeg

6'0 216 lbs
spacer.gif

WASHINGTON - Georgetown University senior linebacker Dustin Wharton(LaVale, Md./Allegany) has been invited to Rookie Training Camp with the Baltimore Ravens beginning on Thursday, May 15 and concluding on Saturday, May 17. Wharton will work out during the Ravens' camp in hope of earning a free agent contract and invitation to training camp in August.

Wharton received word from the Ravens on Saturday night following the NFL Draft that he would be invited to rookie camp, adding to an already event-filled graduation weekend.

"It was like a dream come true," Wharton said after receiving the invitation. "It was the longest weekend of my life just waiting for the opportunity. I feel extremely blessed by God to be in this position, and thankful for the opportunity to show what I got. I've come a long way in my career and I am so grateful for all the support from everybody throughout. But again, this is only the beginning and now it's time to go to work."

Wharton, a two-time First Team All-Patriot League selection and the Hoyas' Al Blozis Award winner for the team's most valuable player, was selected preseason 2013 Patriot League Defensive Player of the Year last August. Wharton has been an impact player for the Hoyas' defense throughout his four-year career on The Hilltop spending most of his time at outside linebacker, but showing versatility, playing safety and defensive end. Wharton will look to make the Ravens as a safety.

"I am very excited for Dustin to have a chance to compete at the highest level with the Baltimore Ravens," Georgetown Head Football Coach Rob Sgarlata said. "He is the most explosive and versatile player I have ever coached and he has worked extremely hard for this. I am confident that Dustin will make the most of this opportunity."

Wharton opened the 2014 season with interceptions in the first two games, including a 24-yard interception return for a touchdown in GU's win over Davidson. Despite missing the greater portion of September with an injury, he finished with 66 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks, two interceptions, five quarterback hurries and a blocked kick.

He is the fifth Hoya to earn First Team All-Patriot League honors twice, joining Michael Ononibaku, Andrew Schaetzke, Robert McCabe and Jeremy Moore. Wharton is third in GU history with 280 tackles, behind only McCabe and Nick Parrish.

Wharton helped make a name for himself with his exploits in the weight room, breaking several of Georgetown's strength records, before impressing NFL Scouts at several regional combines and a Pro Day at Towson University. Now with an opportunity to play for his hometown team, Wharton's lifetime of work is beginning to pay off.

"Early this year I heard good responses from my film and then late March I had some good conversations with (the Ravens) and really felt good about it," Wharton said. "I was hoping they would follow up during or after the draft, and they did, and I couldn't be more excited."

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Have him tell his coach,da Rams are comin' send bro the word