My nefarious plan to hang 30+ on the Cards

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Roster moves:

Demote Lance Kendricks to backup / Promote Tyler Higbee to starter
Demote Case Keenum to inactive / Promote Sean Mannion to backup
Cut Brian Quit / Replace him on roster with someone who possesses give-a-F

Run the 11 personnel grouping for at least 80% of non-redzone snaps. Higbee lines up as conventional TE. Gurley lines up as RB. Wideouts are Tavon, Coop, and Britt.

But here's where it gets nasty:

Gurley lines up out wide to give us a 01 personnel grouping look, keep him opposite of Tavon. Use him heavily in the first half on short routes, bubble screens, and as a rub option for crossing routes to spring Cooper or Britt. I would also have a double reverse ready where they don't know which guy will get it, Tavon or Gurley. If and when the defense resorts to a dime package, motion him into the backfield and hammer that MFer up in there.

Higbee would be completely overlooked in all this and would serve as my secret weapon in the first half. And I would dial up plenty of first quarter routes for him right up the middle on slants and sluggos, or sitting down in a zone across the middle etc. By the second quarter when they start keying on Higbeest it ain't gonna matter because Goff should be in his comfort zone and Arizona's blitz schemes are in the trash can due to the Rams' offense dictating to them.

Goff lines up in the gun. Period. He can work on his drops in next year's camp. I put him where he's comfortable and adjust the scheme to him. All week I run practice drills with a stopwatch and bullhorn, and blow that MFer in his ear every time the ball isn't out in 2.3 seconds.

30+ baby.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Diabolical.. Hope they are reading this and it's implemented. :cool:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Or, as an alternative to my post above ...

... is that you, Asshole Face?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Roster moves:

Run the 11 personnel grouping for at least 80% of non-redzone snaps. Higbee lines up as conventional TE. Gurley lines up as RB. Wideouts are Tavon, Coop, and Britt.

Gurley lines up out wide to give us a 01 personnel grouping look, keep him opposite of Tavon. Use him heavily in the first half on short routes, bubble screens, and as a rub option for crossing routes to spring Cooper or Britt. I would also have a double reverse ready where they don't know which guy will get it, Tavon or Gurley. If and when the defense resorts to a dime package, motion him into the backfield and hammer that MFer up in there.

Higbee would be completely overlooked in all this and would serve as my secret weapon in the first half. And I would dial up plenty of first quarter routes for him right up the middle on slants and sluggos, or sitting down in a zone across the middle etc. By the second quarter when they start keying on Higbeest it ain't gonna matter because Goff should be in his comfort zone and Arizona's blitz schemes are in the trash can due to the Rams' offense dictating to them.

Goff lines up in the gun. Period. He can work on his drops in next year's camp. I put him where he's comfortable and adjust the scheme to him. All week I run practice drills with a stopwatch and bullhorn, and blow that MFer in his ear every time the ball isn't out in 2.3 seconds.

30+ baby.
"What's 11 personnel?"
fassel_19913.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All week I run practice drills with a stopwatch and bullhorn, and blow that MFer in his ear every time the ball isn't out in 2.3 seconds.

Is that you spags?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Merlin

I respect the thought. It's an interesting strategy, but I don't like it. Personally, I hate when we go empty. If I'm the defensive play-caller on the field, every time we go empty, I'm calling for pressure. Because our OL is terrible at adjusting to blitzes which always allows a free rusher to come after Goff.

Of course, you're going to say that Goff will just have to get the ball out quickly. But if I'm the defense, I'm just going to give a 5 yard cushion and squat on short routes in man. In zone, I'll run traps underneath to try and bait Goff.

Personally, I'd try to get Patrick Peterson matched up on Tavon. I want to attack the Cardinals #2 and #3 CBs. They're weak at those spots. Tavon got the better of Peterson a few times in our first match-up because of his quickness. Peterson has the sort of skill-set to totally blanket Britt. Even if he blankets Tavon, I'm accepting of that.

My primary personnel would be the same as yours. Utilize Britt (if healthy), Tavon, Cooper, and Higbee. I'd use Mike Thomas (if healthy) off the bench. I know that Thomas has struggled with drops. But I want to give him a chance. He's a rookie. He's proven he can get open. He's also a quality deep threat (if he catches the ball). I'd love to get him matched up on one Arizona's bad CBs.

In fact, I'm aiming to attack Arizona in the intermediate and deep ranges. Of course, I'm going to have to avoid long-developing routes. If I do run those, I'll have to keep in at least one or two blockers.

Brian Quick is inactive. In fact, I would have called him in and told him to clean out his locker today.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I want to see Goff in the shotgun, dishing that ball quick, and I think it's time to feature Higbee. Nice thing about spreading out the defense is they won't be able to load up the box. And since teams seem to easily anticipate the Rams' plays based on formation and down/distance (i.e. predictability or maybe one of the players tipping them somehow) going radically different by horizontally spreading them out would put pressure on their secondary and minimize the DB blitzes that Goff seems to miss at times when they're lining up in the box.

Just throwing thoughts out there tbh. But I will say that I am serious about Higbee. It is time to get that dude featured in this offense. Quit traipsing Kendricks out there as any sort of receiver, use the kid. He's got the skill set that can help this offense out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want to see Goff in the shotgun, dishing that ball quick, and I think it's time to feature Higbee. Nice thing about spreading out the defense is they won't be able to load up the box. And since teams seem to easily anticipate the Rams' plays based on formation and down/distance (i.e. predictability or maybe one of the players tipping them somehow) going radically different by horizontally spreading them out would put pressure on their secondary and minimize the DB blitzes that Goff seems to miss at times when they're lining up in the box.

Just throwing thoughts out there tbh. But I will say that I am serious about Higbee. It is time to get that dude featured in this offense. Quit traipsing Kendricks out there as any sort of receiver, use the kid. He's got the skill set that can help this offense out.

Dishing the ball quick has been our MO all year. Teams are sitting on our underneath routes.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We will never succeed, unless we get Gurley going. If we can't do what most teams accomplish with jags, we have no chance.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Roster moves:

30+ baby.
The major problem with this^ is Boras doesn't have the "Stones" to try it!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dishing the ball quick has been our MO all year. Teams are sitting on our underneath routes.

True. But they have not really pushed a four wide look to dictate to the defense, spread them out, and limit ability to load the box. My ideas center on three things:

1. Goff can get it done with a 01 personnel look, he has the arm and is comfortable enough now.

2. Gurley can catch the ball and run some basic routes in a slot-type role, or flex back inside if they start to see dime defenses.

3. Higbee can be an enormous weapon for this offense and safety blanket for Jared.

Oh and btw I realize there's no chance of it happening. Just tired of talkin bout the same old BS.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I would like to see a Shotgun 3 WR 1 TE 1 RB formation. If you can't run, pitch it, or throw it to the RB.
New England has a bad Oline, what do they do, Run a lot of Shotgun.

Ellard80

Legend
True. But they have not really pushed a four wide look to dictate to the defense, spread them out, and limit ability to load the box. My ideas center on three things:

1. Goff can get it done with a 01 personnel look, he has the arm and is comfortable enough now.

2. Gurley can catch the ball and run some basic routes in a slot-type role, or flex back inside if they start to see dime defenses.

3. Higbee can be an enormous weapon for this offense and safety blanket for Jared.

Oh and btw I realize there's no chance of it happening. Just tired of talkin bout the same old BS.

Why do you think Higbee can be an enormous weapon? Not saying he can or can't... but what makes you think this?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why do you think Higbee can be an enormous weapon? Not saying he can or can't... but what makes you think this?

He's big, he has good hands, and he is very good at running with the ball. I liked him coming out of the draft but didn't think we'd have a shot at him round 4 that's for sure. Attended some camp practices and each time he stood out like crazy. Dude is gonna play in this league.

I also like the TE we scooped from New England's waiver wire: Williams. He was the TE I wanted last draft round 4 but he went undrafted. IMO he is a lot better than people realize and hopefully the new HC is more like Vermiel than Fish in his willingness to give the young offensive players a chance.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I would like to see a Shotgun 3 WR 1 TE 1 RB formation. If you can't run, pitch it, or throw it to the RB.
New England has a bad Oline, what do they do, Run a lot of Shotgun.

Check the drive charts for all the games this season....Rams already run Shotgun every offensive series of every game.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
My idea for getting Goff more time to throw: Bench Havenstien and start Saffold at RT, move GRob to LG and start Donnel at LT. Can't be any worse than what the OL is doing now.