My Mother

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
My Mom's battle with Alzheimer's disease ended this past Thursday night in a peaceful manner. Even though she had fought this terrible condition for over a decade, it is still hard to let her go. I've got some pretty heavy guilt going on this morning because I couldn't make it to her side in time. I said my farewells to her many times over the past few years because I wasn't ever sure if it would be the last time I could. I had her Mother's Day gift of flowers delivered Wednesday for some reason and I guess I know why now. This Mother's Day will be my most difficult even though I know my Mom has finally found relief. Tell your Mom you love her today guys and give them your best hug.

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Sorry for your loss. I can relate. My mom passed four years ago. She was bedridden for the last few years of her life. I struggle with the same feelings of guilt as you do. She was in California while I am in Maryland. In her final stay in the hospital I figured she would pull through like she always had. I was wrong.

It took a few months of automatically reaching for the phone to call her and then realizing she wouldn't be on the other end. It's brutal but that feeling passes over time.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am so sorry. I have always believed there is something more. May you find comfort in the arms of an angel.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Sorry for your loss Husker. Find ease knowing that you said your goodbyes more than once, so she was able to hear how much you cares several time.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It sounds like you were closer to your mother than some people I know. That's something you'll always have.

Very sorry for your loss.

It sucks growing up and getting older, sometimes.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys. This is just hard terrain to navigate today. They just don't teach this in school.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks guys. This is just hard terrain to navigate today. They just don't teach this in school.
They don't teach it anywhere my friend. Lost my father going on five years now too an aggressive cancer that took him in four months. Isn't a day goes by I don't think of him and wish I could have one more hour sitting on a river bank fishing with him.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
My sincerest condolences. Hope you and your family are doing well. Alzheimers is something I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
It sounds like you were closer to your mother than some people I know.

I have a good friend in Michigan, a Raiders fan, whose mother lives two blocks away from him. They haven't spoken in years. I keep telling him he will regret his resentments towards her one day.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm so sorry for your loss, Husker. My utmost condolences go to you.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
My Mom's battle with Alzheimer's disease ended this past Thursday night in a peaceful manner. Even though she had fought this terrible condition for over a decade, it is still hard to let her go. I've got some pretty heavy guilt going on this morning because I couldn't make it to her side in time. I said my farewells to her many times over the past few years because I wasn't ever sure if it would be the last time I could. I had her Mother's Day gift of flowers delivered Wednesday for some reason and I guess I know why now. This Mother's Day will be my most difficult even though I know my Mom has finally found relief. Tell your Mom you love her today guys and give them your best hug.

Happy Mother's Day Mom!
I have a good friend in Michigan, a Raiders fan, whose mother lives two blocks away from him. They haven't spoken in years. I keep telling him he will regret his resentments towards her one day.
I lost my Mother a few years ago from Pancreatic Cancer.
Though I was with her every day for the last few months. I still felt guilt after her passing. It felt as if I hadn't done enough.
I've come to believe that it may be a common feeling with the grief of a parent.
You have a parent that has been there from the first day of your existence. They love you more than themselves. The reality of this comes fast and hard after the loss.

It is a helpless feeling for a man, to not be able to help someone they care about, when they are suffering. All the time in the world with them, doesn't seem like enough at times.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Happy Mother's Day Mom!
Terribly sorry for you loss, Husker. Nothing about it is easy.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
I'm sorry for your loss Husker. Mother's... Irreplaceable in your heart and life. My prayers go to you Husker.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Sorry about your loss Husker. Terrible disease that one.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
We lost our moms 4 years ago and it was tough! At least yours is no longer suffering from that cruel disease! Be at peace with her release!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

So sorry for your loss Bo.

I'm sending prayers your way. Bless.