My LA trip is coming to an end but its been incredible

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Hey guys Jake here! Just wanted to let you guys know that the trip went very well. I will be departing LAX in about 10 hours to go back home, but during this time I have to say its been unreal. First off, Vegas was incredible, but then when my father and I ventured to California we were invited to LeRoy Irvin's 60th birthday party! Had my balls busted by Mike Lansford who is the funniest guy, tried on Reggie Doss' NFC Title ring, spoke about the Rams to a Rams front office guy and met Robert Delpino and David Hill. It was fantastic, as was the tailgating with RWO Rams Central. The result of the game was heart ripping but it was an overall exciting game. My last day in California I decided to spend it seeing some famous sites and going to DisneyLand. Overall this trip was one of the top flight moments of my life and I hope to make this a yearly thing. LeRoy Irvin and RWO were just too nice to us. Epic trip overall!

TexasRam

Legend
Great to hear you had a good time Jake. Sow your wild Rams oats while you can before you end up like us old farts all married and stuff :D

Leroy Irvin was one of my first favorite Rams. Dude would come up with multiple big picks and run some punt back for TD's!! My best bud I grew up with was 3rd cousins with Mike Lansford and first cousin to Carney Lansford. Met Carney but never did get to meet Mike. He was a solid kicker for years.

Keep giving us updates so we can live vicariously through you!! :football:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Sow your wild Rams oats while you can before you end up like us old farts all married and stuff :D

Had to laugh, or you could cut a deal like I have with my wife of hitting the west coast of the US for a few weeks, seeing the away against the 49ers, then down to LA for a Rams home game, the drive over to Las Vegas, get re-married by Elvis, then drive off through Zion, Monument Valley and the Grand Canyon then back to LA to fly back to the UK...

I have 8 years to pay save for this - it'll be our joint 50th birthday present! Us old married farts can still sow their wild Ram oats... as long as the wife agrees ;)

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Great! I always loved LeRoy Irvin. Reggie Doss was like a Rock, so consistent, and great even until 1985! What a trip you had.

fearsomefour

Legend
LeRoy Irvin was a great player.
DelPino was a very nice guy when Inmet him years ago.
I always picture Mike Lansford with only one shoe on when his name comes up. At the store, one sneaker. At a formal dinner, suit and one dress shoe etc.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Sounds like you had a great trip bro!!! Always good to hear. When we go out for a game we always stay in Vegas and drive to LA and its always a good time. Enjoy my friend and safe travels.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hey guys Jake here! Just wanted to let you guys know that the trip went very well. I will be departing LAX in about 10 hours to go back home, but during this time I have to say its been unreal. First off, Vegas was incredible, but then when my father and I ventured to California we were invited to LeRoy Irvin's 60th birthday party! Had my balls busted by Mike Lansford who is the funniest guy, tried on Reggie Doss' NFC Title ring, spoke about the Rams to a Rams front office guy and met Robert Delpino and David Hill. It was fantastic, as was the tailgating with RWO Rams Central. The result of the game was heart ripping but it was an overall exciting game. My last day in California I decided to spend it seeing some famous sites and going to DisneyLand. Overall this trip was one of the top flight moments of my life and I hope to make this a yearly thing. LeRoy Irvin and RWO were just too nice to us. Epic trip overall!
Sounds like you had a Fantastic trip Jake! Great memories to last a life time! Except for the Game Loss of course!!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Some of the good ole boy Ram players.

Lansford busted on you? LOL. He is a kicker ya know... that doesn't even make him a real person.

If you get a chance to talk to him again you should ask him to explain what it was like to kiss Georgia on the sideline during games. I saw this happen more than once to that one shoe wearing freak. I have to be honest... it creeped me the F out when I saw it and it also embarrassed me as a fan. It would be great to hear his take on THAT. He'll probably lie and say he loved it or something like that... I'd call BS... but hey, he is just a kicker with one shoe. What the hell does he know?

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great to hear you had a good time Jake. Sow your wild Rams oats while you can before you end up like us old farts all married and stuff :D

Leroy Irvin was one of my first favorite Rams. Dude would come up with multiple big picks and run some punt back for TD's!! My best bud I grew up with was 3rd cousins with Mike Lansford and first cousin to Carney Lansford. Met Carney but never did get to meet Mike. He was a solid kicker for years.

Keep giving us updates so we can live vicariously through you!! :football:
Haha thank you Texas I appreciate that. Really cool stuff. I wish we had Irvin back there returning punts.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Had to laugh, or you could cut a deal like I have with my wife of hitting the west coast of the US for a few weeks, seeing the away against the 49ers, then down to LA for a Rams home game, the drive over to Las Vegas, get re-married by Elvis, then drive off through Zion, Monument Valley and the Grand Canyon then back to LA to fly back to the UK...

I have 8 years to pay save for this - it'll be our joint 50th birthday present! Us old married farts can still sow their wild Ram oats... as long as the wife agrees ;)
Haha right on! Should be a fun trip.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Great! I always loved LeRoy Irvin. Reggie Doss was like a Rock, so consistent, and great even until 1985! What a trip you had.
Yeah, it was..as I always seem to say, surreal. My dad was in awe.
LeRoy Irvin was a great player.
DelPino was a very nice guy when Inmet him years ago.
I always picture Mike Lansford with only one shoe on when his name comes up. At the store, one sneaker. At a formal dinner, suit and one dress shoe etc.
LOL at that comment on Lansford. DelPino was extremely friendly. I look forward to having them both on the podcast.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Sounds like you had a great trip bro!!! Always good to hear. When we go out for a game we always stay in Vegas and drive to LA and its always a good time. Enjoy my friend and safe travels.
It was fantastic. That's the way to go man! Thank you and horns up!

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Make some memories man....thats what life is about. Enjoy it to its fullest.
Can't agree more. We work ourselves to death each day its good to get out there and enjoy what life has to offer.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Sounds like you had a Fantastic trip Jake! Great memories to last a life time! Except for the Game Loss of course!!
Yes! Most definitely. The loss sucks. I did not even have any doubt the Rams would lose so I was in shock. I did however know that Goff was going to throw the pick on the first play. Don't know why I did but I did.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Some of the good ole boy Ram players.

Lansford busted on you? LOL. He is a kicker ya know... that doesn't even make him a real person.

If you get a chance to talk to him again you should ask him to explain what it was like to kiss Georgia on the sideline during games. I saw this happen more than once to that one shoe wearing freak. I have to be honest... it creeped me the F out when I saw it and it also embarrassed me as a fan. It would be great to hear his take on THAT. He'll probably lie and say he loved it or something like that... I'd call BS... but hey, he is just a kicker with one shoe. What the hell does he know?
Haha yeah my dad and I only knew LeRoy at his party and we didn't know the players by face so it was difficult and Mike was hilarious in cursing at us and saying to go do what reporters do. He said he wasn't going to tell us shit lol

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was walking by and snapped a photo of the RWO! It was off the hook! I wish I stopped to say hello.
20170917_120834.jpg