My Internet Friend, a Niner Fan, Died at Age 31.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I bet you wonder why I have so few posts here at ROD, considering my early membership date in 2010, I have been posting a lot the last few years and so the discrepancy isn't as large as it once was. The reason was that I spent many hours at a NFC West trolling site called Spiked KoolAid, or SKA. We were savage with one another, but there was a lot of humor in the trolling.

Nothing was off limits. It was free speech personified, which includes offensive speech. It got so rough that after several years there, I finally had enough. There were a few opposing fans that I could not stand, one of which was the site owner, Chris Keal. But like I said, even though we went after each other verbally, he never banned me when he could have, so I respect that. ANYWAY, it brings me to a guy who was a 49er fan whose user name was BMT.

I found out today BMT died at age 31. I am fucking stunned. He was a viciously funny guy who could take a joke as well as deliver one at you. Heaven help me (or him) during Niner week if our team lost. We often did the most humiliating user name bets that we had to wear for a week or longer if we lost a bet, and it was a thing at SKA that put some zest in divisional games. I came to like Ronnie (BMT), over the years. He was of Native American ancestry, which of course made me call him an Injun (among other things). He was very proud of his heritage and worked for the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians as an accountant. He was also an aspiring MMA fighter. He was a tough guy, who I'd internet challenge to "come at me bro." He knew I was an old guy and so it was fun between us.

I lost contact with him when I left SKA. He didn't use twitter, but I knew another Rams fan who is a member here and at SKA, and so I found out today that BMT died and I am devastated. He was only 31 years old and in excellent shape. He had the world by the tail in many respects. I never met him face to face, but that doesn't matter to me. I can't believe that he's gone. :bigcry:

Rest in Peace, brother.

Ronnie is facing the camera in the ring.
mBgtWUR.png

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Rest in peace, Ronnie. Thirty-one is too young to go.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Truly sorry to hear this. Opposing views are peanuts when it comes to real life. I hope he made the best of his 31 years, as I believe he did by making an impression on you. RIP sir, you are missed.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Truly sorry to hear this. Opposing views are peanuts when it comes to real life. I hope he made the best of his 31 years, as I believe he did by making an impression on you. RIP sir, you are missed.
This is ripping me apart and I don't know why for sure. I remember when I was 31 years old and felt indestructible. It's so sad.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry for the loss of your friend man. 31...scary shit.

rdw

Pro Bowler
My condolences Loyal. Rest in peace BMT. Gut-wrenching he went so young.

We're all on this rock at the same time... lives overlapping some short and some long. Life can be cruel. Life can be beautiful. Either way, it doesn't last forever. Enjoy the ride however long it lasts.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Very sorry about your loss, Loyal.

RIP Ronnie. 31 is too young. My most sincere condolences to his family and friends.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh no! 31 is way too early to die. My condolences you, Loyal, and to the rest of his extended family. We grieve with you.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
So sorry Loyal.

Even though this medium can be one dimensional we do share much of our souls with each other.

This place is more of more than any other. I would miss you also Loyal if you were suddenly gone.

I hope we can all appreciate every day together.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am just now seeing this, Loyal. Sorry about your loss, man. We will be thinking about his family and friends.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
That sucks my condolences Loyal.
I lost a 31 year old member of my team earlier this year.
It tore me up, I immortalized him by designing and making stickers that are plastered all over my equipment.
Life is precious and the older I get the more things affect me