My Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CoachO said:
bwdenverram said:
Just my humble opinion regarding our RB situation. Obviously hard to be fair since they all played against different competition.
But my only real issue with Richardson is if he doesn't have a hole he isn't going to get you the tough yards. Once he get's hit, more times than not he's going down. Pead-He is a little frustrating. If he can get his head right I think he is the best option. The fumble, the almost came out of the endzone-Yeah, again, mental on that one. But I think he can fight for the extra yard or two that Richardson just isn't big or strong enough to get.

Stacy-Need to see more, only issue is I think he's just too slow in the NFL.
Cunningham is my wildcard. I think he has the best combination of size and speed and can break tackles. Would LOVE to see him with the 1's..If only we could morph them all into 1 :)

The thing about the KO return was NOT on Pead as much as it was on Reynolds telling him to stay in the EndZone. The coaching staff instructs the return guys to bring everything out, so when Pead caught the ball, he had his mind made up to bring it out. And then he sees his "up" back gesturing and telling him to STAY, IMO, that's where the indecisiveness came from.

I am not trying to discount the fumble, but suffice to say, if he doesn't have that on his FIRST CARRY, I think the "reviews" on Pead's game is vastly different today.
Yeah, the other guy back is supposed to tell him whether it's wise to take it out or not, that's his job, but I agree, the coaches probably wanted the guys to take everything out, because a roster spot could be up for grabs regarding the KR. Pead just wanted to come out, nothing wrong with that.

On the fumble, Pead was carrying the ball high and tight, and the defender made a pretty strong play on the ball, not sure any of our guys would have been able to hold on to it in that situation. Of course, you hope that they all would though.

He played well besides that, had a nice run, and even picked up at least one blitz that I saw.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm not going to read too much into Pead - or anyone just yet.

I still think Pead is fine.

Richardson is definitely a hole hitting rocket. I love this guy.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
CoachO said:
bwdenverram said:
Just my humble opinion regarding our RB situation. Obviously hard to be fair since they all played against different competition.
But my only real issue with Richardson is if he doesn't have a hole he isn't going to get you the tough yards. Once he get's hit, more times than not he's going down. Pead-He is a little frustrating. If he can get his head right I think he is the best option. The fumble, the almost came out of the endzone-Yeah, again, mental on that one. But I think he can fight for the extra yard or two that Richardson just isn't big or strong enough to get.

Stacy-Need to see more, only issue is I think he's just too slow in the NFL.
Cunningham is my wildcard. I think he has the best combination of size and speed and can break tackles. Would LOVE to see him with the 1's..If only we could morph them all into 1 :)

The thing about the KO return was NOT on Pead as much as it was on Reynolds telling him to stay in the EndZone. The coaching staff instructs the return guys to bring everything out, so when Pead caught the ball, he had his mind made up to bring it out. And then he sees his "up" back gesturing and telling him to STAY, IMO, that's where the indecisiveness came from.

I am not trying to discount the fumble, but suffice to say, if he doesn't have that on his FIRST CARRY, I think the "reviews" on Pead's game is vastly different today.

Gotcha Coach. I only saw the replay of that and couldn't see him being waived back. Makes sense though.

I agree, take the fumble away and it's a more positive review. And as I said, I think he has the best overall game. I guess time will tell. I really hope he puts it all together.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:
I'm not going to read too much into Pead - or anyone just yet.

I still think Pead is fine.

Richardson is definitely a hole hitting rocket. I love this guy.
Richardson would have had another really nice run if Dahl wouldn't have totally blown his block, which allowed Richardson to get smashed.

I'm a little concerned with the big hits that Richardson takes.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
DR RAM said:
X said:
Tron said:
as i said missed much of the game sue to the bad feed, and missed a lot of the plays with Pead in them so i will take your word for it on him
That was annoying for me as well. I paid for the preseason package, and it kept freezing and jumping ahead for no apparent reason. I checked my internet speed at the time and it was way up there, so it had nothing to do with my computer or connection.
The same bull happened to me, but it got better when I paused for a couple of minutes, then let it play.

I had my wireless on and it kept doing it to. I finally just hard wired into my laptop and then I kept getting some 504 gateway error. Took about 10 minutes before the server was working again. Ugh.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bwdenverram said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
Tron said:
as i said missed much of the game sue to the bad feed, and missed a lot of the plays with Pead in them so i will take your word for it on him
That was annoying for me as well. I paid for the preseason package, and it kept freezing and jumping ahead for no apparent reason. I checked my internet speed at the time and it was way up there, so it had nothing to do with my computer or connection.
The same bull happened to me, but it got better when I paused for a couple of minutes, then let it play.

I had my wireless on and it kept doing it to. I finally just hard wired into my laptop and then I kept getting some 504 gateway error. Took about 10 minutes before the server was working again. Ugh.

gamepass really let us all down. was surprised by it, usually if your connection is good, your good to go. Big disappointment.

bluecoconuts

Legend
DR RAM said:
On the fumble, Pead was carrying the ball high and tight, and the defender made a pretty strong play on the ball, not sure any of our guys would have been able to hold on to it in that situation. Of course, you hope that they all would though.

He played well besides that, had a nice run, and even picked up at least one blitz that I saw.

I thought the same thing on the fumble, it didn't really look like Pead made a mistake with how he was holding the ball, nobody has perfect ball security.

I want him to hold onto the ball and I want him to play well, I'm not super worried about him, I don't think his game was as bad as people are acting.

fearsomefour

Legend
Ebonemalone said:
Ogletree was a positive from last night I thought. He was all over the field

Yes an no. The speed and ability to cover ground cannot be denied. But, got out of position on some passes, including a TD. That is no surprise for a young guy. Just keep going at full speed dude. He will get it over time.

F. Mulder

Starter
These games are critical for the Rams young players from a rep standpoint. Like Fisher said, it's harder to correct everything if the first game is perfect. Guys like AO, McDonald, Tavon, etc etc need to get on the field against another NFL team. What the opponent is trying to accomplish during the game is less relevant (i.e. Browns trying to win vs a team like GB that probably wishes they didn't even have to show up). It is a MAJOR step up from practice. You can only practice certain things at certain speeds. This gives the coaches ideas on where they need to spend more time and areas the young guys are getting it. Obviously when the Real season starts the ante gets upped but these 4 games are vital to get these young guys in position to make the next step in their development. I'm surprised someone like AO or McDonald didn't play well into the 3rd quarter. For me the more game reps the better.