My Goff Prediction....Jared, WTF?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Before the season, I predicted:
Jared Goff:
4500 yards passing
35 TD's
12 INTS

Yeah, yeah...I was called a homer dream by many....D@mn Jared, why you letting me down? So far this season Goff as done this in the first quarter..."78 of 117 passes for 1,072 yards, seven touchdowns and just one interception.
Projected Total for 16 games:

4288 yards passing
28 TD's
4 INTS

C'mon Jared, don't leave me hanging...

Ram65

Legend
It's early. Can't remember exactly what I predicted. I would say it was around

4100 yards passing
26 TDs
12 INTs

He is doing well. This week is a big test for Jared. If he can limit the turnovers and keep his YPA up it would be good for the Rams.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's early. Can't remember exactly what I predicted. I would say it was around

4100 yards passing
26 TDs
12 INTs

He is doing well. This week is a big test for Jared. If he can limit the turnovers and keep his YPA up it would be good for the Rams.
We need a 400 yard game or two

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
You Homer & dreamer...Some people call me a dreamer, but I'm not the only one

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I was thinking 22-25 tds and 15 ints before the season.
He is protecting the ball a lot better than I thought...he may be around 25-35 TDs

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Before the season, I predicted:
Jared Goff:
4500 yards passing
35 TD's
12 INTS

Yeah, yeah...I was called a homer dream by many....D@mn Jared, why you letting me down? So far this season Goff as done this in the first quarter..."78 of 117 passes for 1,072 yards, seven touchdowns and just one interception.
Projected Total for 16 games:

4288 yards passing
28 TD's
4 INTS

C'mon Jared, don't leave me hanging...
Give the young man a chance, he's just learning the system, he'll do better as the season progresses!!(y);):D

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I see it as a step up in the turnover category. He'll need to prove his worth by showing that he can turn the scoreboard on the last minutes of the 4th quarter if he wants to transcend to elite.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't recall what I predicted, but whatever it was I am sure I underestimated Goff, McVay, and this offensive team at large.

Happy that it looks like they will exceed my expectations too!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see it as a step up in the turnover category. He'll need to prove his worth by showing that he can turn the scoreboard on the last minutes of the 4th quarter if he wants to transcend to elite.

The low INT rate is the best part of his stats, definitely.

Re: him executing 4th quarter comebacks in the two minute drill, that is coming. The third down throw he made in the shadow of his endzone vs Dallas in the early minutes of the fourth quarter and subsequent drive was pretty clutch, but I agree he needs a signature drive or two with all the chips on the table to cement him as an elite QB.

Again, though, he's near that point. He flubbed the first chance he had vs the Skins, but I think he's got a good chance the next time the opportunity is there.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I predicted 3700 yards , 22 touchdowns, and 10 interceptions . So I'm very pleased with Jared outplaying what I considered a fair prediction

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Going to be hard for him to keep up that pace throughout the year. Revisit at the half way point and stop jinxing the damn kid...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Going to be hard for him to keep up that pace throughout the year. Revisit at the half way point and stop jinxing the damn kid...
Either you're good or you're not. I think the kid is good, and so are his weapons and Oline.

We don't don't need no stinkin' black magic!:rockon:

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
I remember, very clearly, on October 6 when I predicted 4288 yards passing, 28 TDs and 4 Ints. I think it was a Friday.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Some perspective: passing for over 4500 yards in a season has only been achieved 50 times in the history of the NFL.

In his 12 seasons, Jim Everett only surpassed 4,000 yards once, in 1989.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some perspective: passing for over 4500 yards in a season has only been achieved 50 times in the history of the NFL.

different era though...

STLRam

UDFA
Yards per attempt is the one statistic I always look at to judge how good a QB really is because it's a stat all about efficiency. Goff leads to entire league with 9.2 YPA, beating Smith (8.8) and Brady (8.7).

Goff is benefiting from being one of the mast accurate passers in the league and not having garbage WRs drop half of the balls thrown to them.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Just lookin at the list of the 9 times a QB passed for over 5k yards in a season. Four guys did it once: Marino, Manning, Brady, Stafford. The other guy, the short dude, did it FIVE times. Wow.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

And yet he averaged almost 4,100 yards over 3 seasons.
Passing for over 4K in today’s game ranked as #13 in the league the last few years.
Different game indeed

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing that I hear analysts who were mostly calling Goff a BUST last year and who are now crediting any success/turnound by him as totally McVay's system as to the reason why he has such high stats in the first quarter of the season, say this pace can't last.

It can.

They don't understand the use of multiple weapons and a good Oline and an insanely creative HC/OC making new and different plays every week....It's absolutely Martzian

Ram65

Legend
Here are some predictions.

http://ramsondemand.com/threads/what-will-be-goffs-numbers-this-year.50738/#post-934042

I'm right with you..last night shook me a little.

However, I believe Cooper Kupp is legit. I believe Todd Gurley is going to have a big year. I believe Sammy Watkins is the first #1 WR we have had since a healthy Torry Holt. Reynolds could become our next #1 WR..Everrett!!! All of these weapons will make Goff much better than we saw last night. It may be there are some things that Goff can fix in his game. WITH them:
Goff 4500 yards, 30 TD's, 12 INTS....that was my prediction before last nights game. I am still saying that, but now it's half prayer/half conviction...