My God Green Bay Offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The Saint's D is incredibly, incredibly overrated. They had that special year when they had a ton of turnovers that helped that offense out. Now w/o them they are bein exposed. As the season goes on and the RAM O gels and clicks, I don't think they'll have a problem w/ the Saints.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
well now I wish we got sproles even more now.. lol

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Just posted this 'over there'.

As of the time of this post, Green Bay's leading receiver (in terms of catches), Greg Jennings, has a 10.6 average YPC. Their leading receiver in terms of YARDS, Finley (TE) has a 17.6 average.

I suppose the fact that they have no wideouts breaking 11 YPC, and the fact that their TE is stretching the field makes them superior to the Rams in some way. Though, I can't seem to reconcile that in my head.

Special teams seems to be kind of important for Green Bay in this game too, by the way. Oddly enough, the Rams are kind of invested in the quality of their special teams as well.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I only saw the last 10 minutes of the game (work, work, work) but that was quite enough of a fix until Sunday.

One freaking half-yard from making the spread. Isn't that the NFL way?

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram Quixote said:
I only saw the last 10 minutes of the game (work, work, work) but that was quite enough of a fix until Sunday.

One freaking half-yard from making the spread. Isn't that the NFL way?

Yeah I had the pack -4. I was almost positive they (NO) were going to score. My only hope at that point is the Saints get their two and Pack win the kickoff and march down for a TD.

Angry Ram

1st game of the year and already bullshit ref calls!

-That was NOT PI on Hawk. No arm wrapped around, no pullin...nothin. He was playin the ball. If the Saints scored on the next play and I was a Packer fan, I'd be seething.

-How can the refs not eject Charles Woodson for that punch? They got the flag, fine but throwin punches should = auto eject. And to boot the ref was right fuckin in front of them!

Suddenly I'm a lil worried about Dahl. What if he shoves someone and gets ejected? I have a feelin it's gonna happen this year.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Angry Ram said:
1st game of the year and already BS ref calls!

-That was NOT PI on Hawk. No arm wrapped around, no pullin...nothin. He was playin the ball. If the Saints scored on the next play and I was a Packer fan, I'd be seething.

-How can the refs not eject Charles Woodson for that punch? They got the flag, fine but throwin punches should = auto eject. And to boot the ref was right freakin in front of them!

Suddenly I'm a lil worried about Dahl. What if he shoves someone and gets ejected? I have a feelin it's gonna happen this year.

But from the refs angle (the ref that threw the Seahawks) its understandable to see why he called PI. He was standing near the FG post and could only see Hawk leap over the WR and saw the contact from behind.

BTW, totally agree on the Saints D. They havent been the same ever since they had Sharper have that one great season. The additions of Franklin and Rogers sure didnt seem too noticeable in this game.

I also noticed on Twitter that Softli mentioned something about us not getting Sproles, and yeah it would have been nice to see him in a rams uniform, but we just werent giving him the money he was asking for and if we did we wouldnt have signed as many players.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
JdashSTL said:
BTW, totally agree on the Saints D. They havent been the same ever since they had Sharper have that one great season. The additions of Franklin and Rogers sure didnt seem too noticeable in this game.

I also noticed on Twitter that Softli mentioned something about us not getting Sproles, and yeah it would have been nice to see him in a rams uniform, but we just werent giving him the money he was asking for and if we did we wouldnt have signed as many players.
I'm guessing that established offenses and defenses will have the early advantage over teams making changes in scheme or personnel. The lack of pre-training camp reps will be big. Defenses like NO, with players still adjusting to each other will take a few games, if not a month to really gel.

Yet another reason to feel good about tomorrow's game. Both the Rams O and the Eagles D are in transition, so that effect will be a wash. I'm a bit concerned about the Rams LBs, with them not having so many reps together in preseason, but we'll see. JL could be the difference there.

As for Sproles, too bad he's not a Ram, but he sure fits in that NO offense. Better than Bush, maybe.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Ram Quixote said:
JdashSTL said:

I'm guessing that established offenses and defenses will have the early advantage over teams making changes in scheme or personnel. The lack of pre-training camp reps will be big. Defenses like NO, with players still adjusting to each other will take a few games, if not a month to really gel.

Yet another reason to feel good about tomorrow's game. Both the Rams O and the Eagles D are in transition, so that effect will be a wash. I'm a bit concerned about the Rams LBs, with them not having so many reps together in preseason, but we'll see. JL could be the difference there.

As for Sproles, too bad he's not a Ram, but he sure fits in that NO offense. Better than Bush, maybe.

The reason I like our OLBs is all the experience along with JL. Our entire LB corps has a very good mix of youth and experience. Poppinga and Leber also came from winning environments in recent years and I think thats really helpful for our D. All we really need from them is to be instinctive and disciplined, they dont need to try and be playmakers.

I really like our chances for the 1st 3 opponents we face because all 3 teams are going thru plenty of changes. Giants and Eagles are making changes on the oline, Giants lost key players via FA and injury, and the Ravens also lost key players to FA and who knows how McKinnie will perform at LT for them. Then week 4 we get the Redskins and I have no idea what to expect from them this year, but im thinking we might be facing John Beck by then lol.

If Ryan Matthews doesnt pan out this year the loss of Sproles could turn out to be a big loss for the Chargers. Cant imagine how many Charger fans wish they kept him during Thursday night. And I do believe he is a great fit in Paytons offense. Hes very fast and hasnt he actually been more durable than Bush?

Angry Ram

JdashSTL said:
Angry Ram said:
1st game of the year and already BS ref calls!

-How can the refs not eject Charles Woodson for that punch? They got the flag, fine but throwin punches should = auto eject. And to boot the ref was right freakin in front of them!

But from the refs angle (the ref that threw the Seahawks) its understandable to see why he called PI. He was standing near the FG post and could only see Hawk leap over the WR and saw the contact from behind.

Then somethin has to be done. As big a penatly as PI is...it should be reviewed or somethin. Absolute BS that a penalty like that could determine a game.

Sproles had one good game...we already had Amendola for PR/KR stuff.