My First Rod Post.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
First I just wanna say I've gained brain cells back after reading some posts on here that I lost at that other mind melting site (Rams talk). Everyone here is very knowledgable. Anywho, I wanted to be the GM for a sec. I'm not too smart when it comes to draft talk but, I was wondering what kind of deal we could get for the 2nd overall pick. Is there anyway we could obtain what we did in 2012 for RG3? Also, I think going into the offseason out biggest needs are Guard and Safety. I believe we should let the young guys develop and I'm sure that's exactly what Fisher and Snead want to do. I don't want to be the team that has one great year and then can't find the playoffs for another 5 years. So I definitely think they're building this thing the right way. I would love to pick up Verner in FA and draft a Guard at the top of round 2. I wish we would have taken Warford last year but oh well. Thoughts?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Welcome to ROD!! Agree that we need to address the G position. Safety is also a priority, but I wouldn't draft one in the first. I want the Rams to build the OL to be a position of strength...and I mean REAL strength. Even if that means taking 2 OL in the first round. I would have no problem with that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Welcome aboard Leg. I think many on here would like to see much the same things. The difference here is that you can actually have a civil discussion about it. I think you'll dig it here - especially if you are just tired of trolls and (think they) know it alls.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Welcome tot he board O have found this group to be much more enjoyable than that OTHER site.

I don't think we will be able to get the same kind of haul as we did in the RGme trade just not enough hype over the QBs to generate that deal. And the other guys are probably a little gun shy. Dealing with Snead is a bit of a gamble in some circles, I'm sure.

Oline and DBs definitely on board with shoring up those two units and would love to stick with the younger players instead of FA market.

PhxRam

First I just wanna say I've gained brain cells back after reading some posts on here that I lost at that other mind melting site (Rams talk). Everyone here is very knowledgable. Anywho, I wanted to be the GM for a sec. I'm not too smart when it comes to draft talk but, I was wondering what kind of deal we could get for the 2nd overall pick. Is there anyway we could obtain what we did in 2012 for RG3? Also, I think going into the offseason out biggest needs are Guard and Safety. I believe we should let the young guys develop and I'm sure that's exactly what Fisher and Snead want to do. I don't want to be the team that has one great year and then can't find the playoffs for another 5 years. So I definitely think they're building this thing the right way. I would love to pick up Verner in FA and draft a Guard at the top of round 2. I wish we would have taken Warford last year but oh well. Thoughts?

I doubt highly we will get the same kind of haul like we did from Washington.

I expect (but what do I know) maybe an additional first this year and maybe some second Rd picks this year and next.

that's just from the second pick. If we trade down and then trade that pick again who knows what that could bring.

tonyl711

Starter
I don't think we will get 3 first round picks, but I can see trading firsts this year getting an extra second for this year and a first for next year. and depending on how far back we go, I could see another trade if we only trade back to 4 to 6, and picking up another second rounder this year and maybe a second and third next year.
this team is being built through the draft, that's why all these extra picks are so important.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - I think as long as this regime continues to believe in their assessments of players, they will continue to trade their picks both up and down where ever they see fit. I highly doubt we get anything like the WA trade. Not sure why but my hunch is that we will trade down and then possibly back up again maybe early in the second or late in the first. Guess we'll see.

Firstly welcome.

Secondly if you want to regain those brain cells slightly quicker just read my posts, they'll do the trick :number1:

Thirdly I didn't think we'd get the Washington trade, so I don't think we'll get the trade this year, but if someone falls in love with Johnny Half-Game you never know.

Fourthly agree on O line and secondary, but having watched some of Watkin's tape today he's mighty tempting.

RFIP

First I just wanna say I've gained brain cells back after reading some posts on here that I lost at that other mind melting site (Rams talk). Everyone here is very knowledgable.

Ah..steer clear of Mr X and Phx...those two are dumber than snake shit! :cray:

and when I post, be sure to "like" them and respond. It's called :buttkisser:
:lol:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Welcome Legatron.
Yeah the Rams are young everywhere except the OLine. Its time to invest there.
I think our #2 pick value is going to surprise some ppl this year and prove quite valuable again.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys appreciate the welcome wagon. I do agree though I never thought we would get what did for RGknee but I would take that again in a heart beat. I have watched some tape(I guess you can call YouTube highlights tape?)on Watkins and he looks like the real deal but you can never really tell with receivers. I think Jake Longs recovery is what makes or breaks our Oline. He was playing at a pro bowl level before he got hurt.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I collect Forum Membership dues at the 1st of each month. Checks or paypal is fine.

As per your post, i agree safety and guard are major needs. Grab a safety in the first, and a guard in the 2nd/3rd. Verner would be a major pick up if we could get it done, id not a high round CB would be needed as well.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Welcome, leg! Go to the sports book and bet all your ROD money on the game! Look how well I'm doing at it!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Welcome, leg! Go to the sports book and bet all your ROD money on the game! Look how well I'm doing at it!
lol. You're like that guy 'Mush' from "A Bronx Tale."

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Welcome Legatron.
Yeah the Rams are young everywhere except the OLine. Its time to invest there.
I think our #2 pick value is going to surprise some ppl this year and prove quite valuable again.
Ya the only problem, we all will have to wait to when we are on the clock to get the haul we have been accustomed to receiving lol