My first Rams game - time in the US

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
And are there places you should generally avoid as an european tourist with the clueless look on his sunburned face?

Hey Max here's some tips:

1. Don't be too cheap in your parking. The neighborhood around the stadium has some iffy places to leave your car, so suggest you get there a little early and pay for a good lot spot. This isn't a bad neighborhood, but it also ain't UCLA lol.

2. Don't wear one of those euro-belly-wallet things or the belt pouch, that kind of stuff just calls attention to your foreign-ness. Put your wallet in your front pocket and you'll be good. Basically don't be this guy below...

004EUT_Scott_Mechlowicz_033.jpg

3. Make sure to get a pic of yourself eating In-N-Out. Double double meal for the win. There are better burgers out there in LA but not for the money which helps on a travel budget.

BPirwqP.jpg

4. Hit one of the beach towns for beers and dinner right off the beach. You can do Manhattan or Hermosa, or go south and do Huntington or Newport beaches. Get on Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) and cruise up and down you'll thank me later and enjoy the eye candy!

474_2008_9_2_Swimsuit_model_Leslie_1957_Chevy_273-resize22-2.JPG

5. Take lots of game pics and post them up here!

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Hello guys - how to start.. right now i am on holiday in San Francisco because my mother used to live here about 25 years ago. During the last couple of nights the idea of renting a car and not only making this my first US trip but the first time seeing my Rams live grew in me - to bad i left my SJ39 jersey at home.
So i wanted to ask you locals for some help:
Should i buy tickets online via the official rams site or is there any better way, maybe even buy them before the game?
Whats about parking - is there a possibility to park (cheap :whistle:) in LA and go to the stadium with public transport?
if you would have about 32 hours in LA (planing to arrive saturday evening/afternoon) what would you do - especially on weekends. (i saw ucla and usc are playing - but want the rams to be my "first time" at the coliseum :D).
And are there places you should generally avoid as an european tourist with the clueless look on his sunburned face?
Thank you very much for your help - can't tell you how excited i am :yay::yay::yay:

@ mods: if this thread is in the wrong category feel free to move it - i´m sorry.

The Pacific Coast Highway, or PCH, is one of California's most storied routes, offering some of the most beautiful views the state has to offer.
9219_fit588x588.jpg

greg-pch4.jpg

travel19f-1-web.jpg

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Hey Max here's some tips:

2. Don't wear one of those euro-belly-wallet things or the belt pouch, that kind of stuff just calls attention to your foreign-ness. Put your wallet in your front pocket and you'll be good. Basically don't be this guy below...

004EUT_Scott_Mechlowicz_033.jpg

Hey now, last time I saw that movie he got some action with a chick. So if anything, maybe max should be more like that guy? Lol

ViennaMax

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
first of all: thank all of you very much for your help!
i just bought my ticket and booked a hostel in santa monica for saturday night :yay::boxing: because somebody asked: i'm 24, and will travel on my own - so i probably won't go to disneyland with my children.... but who knows :D
I'm planing to take the I-5 on my way to LA - because I'm scared to don't make it in time if something happens on the way... and taking the PCH on my way back to SF because there is no stress anymore and enough time to enjoy the view and maybe stop a couple of times.
probably take the Metro Expo Line to the stadium the next day and try to avoid crompton and east LA.
in-n-out burger is on my list - as well as grabbing some beers near the beach.

once again: thank you all for your help - really appreciate that! i'll try to make some photos and post them here (y)

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
Whats about parking - is there a possibility to park (cheap :whistle:) in LA and go to the stadium with public transport?

Parking in South Pasadena is free. Right next to the gold line, gets you to union station pretty quickly. From there you can get to the Coliseum via some other line that I forgot. I just followed all the Rams jerseys.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
first of all: thank all of you very much for your help!
i just bought my ticket and booked a hostel in santa monica for saturday night :yay::boxing: because somebody asked: i'm 24, and will travel on my own - so i probably won't go to disneyland with my children.... but who knows :D
I'm planing to take the I-5 on my way to LA - because I'm scared to don't make it in time if something happens on the way... and taking the PCH on my way back to SF because there is no stress anymore and enough time to enjoy the view and maybe stop a couple of times.
probably take the Metro Expo Line to the stadium the next day and try to avoid crompton and east LA.
in-n-out burger is on my list - as well as grabbing some beers near the beach.

once again: thank you all for your help - really appreciate that! i'll try to make some photos and post them here (y)
make sure you rent your car from the airport! so much cheaper than anything else. :D

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Since it sounds like you are spending at least one night, perhaps consider a motel in Santa Monica which is close to the Metro Expo-Line, then you can leave your car & just walk to the Metro entrance.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Being european and all I suggest seeing what the LA area does better than anywhere else, no not smog nor traffic jams......to be more specific visit the San Fernando Valley. Be sure you are dressed correctly to include a beret, extremely dark sunglasses, scarf and lots of hand sanitizer and most importantly your european accent. Drive the side streets until you see a house with lots of cars in the driveway and on the street with women in robes going into the house or hanging around outside smoking. Walk up that driveway and into that house like you own it.:whistle:
" bnw, you are one sick - twisted individual!! But very Funny!!":rolllaugh: