my first mock using draft simulator

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
1) Andrus Peat, T, Stanford
2) Cameron Erving, C, Florida St.
3) Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado St.
5) Tony Washington, OLB, Oregon
7) AJ Tarpley, ILB, Stanford

The simulator had the OT from Iowa and Notre Dame ahead of Peat, I don't know if I buy that.
I like Erving as he has played all five O line positions if I am correct. He has played well once he moved to C this season. Peat gives the Rams the ability to shift Robinson to RT if Barksdale is not resigned (or Peat to RT) or allows Robinson to move to LG (Saffold to RG) if Barksdale is resigned.
Erving could compete for the starting C with whatever hold overs the Rams keep and service as a backup T.
I like Grayson more than most of the QBs rated higher than him. I dont think (in reality) he will last until the 5th round, so I grabbed him in the third.
I don't know anything about the last two picks really, just adding LB depth. The front end and back end of the D is pretty set with decent to good depth, time to upgrade the LB corp.

For fun I also ran a simulation and just picked the top rated player regardless of position or need when the Rams pick came up....
1) Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
2) La'el Collins, OT, LSU
3) Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska
5) Charles Tapper, DE, Oklahoma
7) Taylor Kelly, QB, Arizona St.

Sort of funny that outside of the Tapper DE pick it really would not be a bad draft overall in terms of positions of need and talent mix.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
On the 2nd draft, unless Ameer Abdullah is just a huge slide, RB doesn't seem to need any more attention this draft.

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
On the 2nd draft, unless Ameer Abdullah is just a huge slide, RB doesn't seem to need any more attention this draft.
I agree.
I just did it that way for fun. It was sort of interesting that WR, OT and QB fell into place.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Do you have a link to the simulator you're using, BTW?

fearsomefour

Legend
I just went to Fanspeak.com
click on the NFL Draft drop down, On The Clock tab and away you go....
again, way early and hard to know how close their player rankings are to reality, but, it is a fun little thing to do.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I just went to Fanspeak.com
click on the NFL Draft drop down, On The Clock tab and away you go....
again, way early and hard to know how close their player rankings are to reality, but, it is a fun little thing to do.
Thanks!

Now, I would take this draft I just did here:

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P10
QB MARCUS MARIOTA
OREGON
2: R2P9
OT LA'EL COLLINS
LSU
3: R3P8
C HRONISS GRASU
OREGON
4: R5P9
WR DEONTAY GREENBERRY
HOUSTON
5: R7P10
G KALEB JOHNSON
RUTGERS

I keep the Rams' apparent new tradition of drafting two guys from the same school every draft alive, and having our new QB bring his college center with him might be a good thing.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
Thanks!

Now, I would take this draft I just did here:

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P10
QB MARCUS MARIOTA
OREGON
2: R2P9
OT LA'EL COLLINS
LSU
3: R3P8
C HRONISS GRASU
OREGON
4: R5P9
WR DEONTAY GREENBERRY
HOUSTON
5: R7P10
G KALEB JOHNSON
RUTGERS

I keep the Rams' apparent new tradition of drafting two guys from the same school every draft alive, and having our new QB bring his college center with him might be a good thing.
I am not a Mariota an really with a top 10 pick, but the rest looks good to me....the picks certainly make sense.
Its a fun little simulator.