My Fellow RODites, Forgive me when I say, "Enough is ENOUGH."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ted Cruz Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
Stop It Golden Girls GIF by TV Land
Harvey Specter GIF by Suits

The kind of behavior I've been seeing is very much unbecoming of us RODites.

Maybe we need a lesson on some key tenets here. Think before you post. Attack the post, not the poster. Treat others with respect. Maybe this has eluded a few. Maybe we've forgotten. Maybe we need a reminder.

The posts I've been seeing is not acceptable conduct. I am not just talking about some of the overtly-aggressive insults; I'm also seeing a bunch of condescending remarks and passive-aggressiveness from other posters whom I normally like, and other bullshit that is not shooting the shit at a bar, not healthy for the health of the forum, and that CANNOT continue.

Mods, if you feel I'm going too far, feel free to delete this post, but I'm not having a good week mentally (all I'm getting into for personal reasons; if you want to know, PM me), and when I go to this forum, I don't expect - or want - to see the sheer vitriol directed from person to person.

So please, for the love of God, Jesus, Yahweh, Moses, Allah, Muhammed, Buddha, Krishna, whatever deity of whatever religion, or whatever you believe in if you're not religious, take a LONG look at the rules, look at the little blurb in the comment section that says, "Think before you post," and listen to it. I love all y'all so much, and I love this forum very much, but this cannot go on if this forum is to be healthy.

TexasRam

Legend
Agreed.

We have probably all stepped over the line at times. And sometimes people are heated especially after a loss or if they get some passive aggressive attitude directed at them or their post. It happens, to all of us.

But find a way to make an argument in a classy way or rephrase your post. And address the argument, not the poster. Otherwise the board becomes a drag.

Also, practice acknowledging the good points others make and possibly adding a smily to a joke or tease you make, so people know you are just joking. There are so many good posters here with excellent takes and info to add to discussions. It sucks when half the posts within a thread are personal attacks.

Just follow Bill and Teds excellent advice

View: https://media0.giphy.com/media/Xc4fI65ML3xv13Jbqd/100.webp?cid=ecf05e4724xmgyox7nowmyhq6cedb7hrcq8k03vd24xkrp37&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=100.webp&ct=g

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thank you for the timely reminder @Memento

aren't there ignore buttons on this site?

That’s not the button to use for rule violation or general code of conduct.

Please use the REPORT button to draw moderator’s attention to members who are doing what memento describes. We don’t always see everything.

Thank you, CGI

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I would like to formally apologize for my comments directed at Alanis Morissette.

There are more constructive ways to take out my frustration of irony.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ooohhh, what'd I miss??

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I do not apologize for all that I have communicated and stipulated for my displeasure & distaste for the San Francisco 49ers.

I concur with @Memento following the golden rule of treating others like you would like to be treated.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
RODites? I thought the term was RODarians.

Kidding aside, I offer my own mea culpa for a few incidents of unnecessary gruffness. To any I may have offended, consider this my apology and a coupon for a beverage of choice on me should our paths ever cross at a game, tailgate or sports bar!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I hate it when my wife, kids and grandkids (and neighbors) all call me that...It's rude, I think...I took them them ALL out of the will except for a bunch of bills I'm leaving for them to pay...Who is the POOPY HEAD now, eh ???