My Favorite Kupp Stats (5 Drives to Win it All)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
A lot of players accumulate statistics in meaningless games and "garbage time." While that might satisfy fantasy team owners, there is a higher level of accomplishment.

Clutch time stats.

In that category, I don't know if I've ever seen a player do more than Cooper Kupp did in the Rams' championship run. Specifically, I refer to the five drives that allowed the Rams to win the Super Bowl: the game winning FG drive vs. Tampa, the three drives against San Francisco that turned a late 3rd quarter 17-7 deficit into a 20-17 lead, and the game winning drive against the Bengals.

Here are Cooper Kupp's combined stats on those 5 drives:

12 targets*
12 receptions
181 yards
2 TDs
1 rushing attempt
7 yards (on 4th and 1)

(*Not including 2 additional targets in which he drew a defensive holding and a pass interference, and 1 which resulted in a TD reception nullified by offsetting penalties)

That is downright unbelievable. Kupp was simply unstoppable in the most critical moments of the biggest games. Add to that the fact that his performance in the game winning drive of the Super Bowl (4 receptions, 39 yards, 7 yards rushing) came with OBJ, Tyler Higbee and Kendall Blanton all sidelined (and Van Jefferson a bit hobbled as well), making Kupp the obvious target, and the words "of all time" enter the discussion.

So, yes... definitely draft Kupp for your fantasy team. But he's so much more than that.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
That's not insane? It's friggin perfect!

But there were other plays where he was only magnificent, not perfect. To the point of your post, his timing was impeccable!