My (early) Offseason Strategy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dodgerram

UDFA
Cut Finnegan and save 7 million .

Cut Wells and save 4,5 million.

Sign Byrd or Verner in free agency and fill the other position via the draft.
Resign Saffold.
Sign Asamoah , G, from KC.

Bring in a veteran backup QB like Ponder or Sanchez (I would even be willing to sign Freeman and give him one last chance to get his act together).

Trade down with CLE to Nr. 4 for their Nr. 26 and Nr. 100 (4th round). Incidentally this trade down equals exactly the DVC for our Nr. 2 overall. If the Browns insist on it I would alternatively accept their first round pick in 2015 in exchange for the Nr. 26 this year. But the 2014 draft is loaded and deep and we could use that pick right away to improve our team immediately.

With that CLE trade the Rams now would have 6 picks out of the first 100 in 2014 and 7 picks in the first four rounds! That is a bonanza waiting to being exploited right there!

Nr.4 (from CLE): Sammy Watkins. Nr. 1 WR who will make everybody else on the WR unit and the QB better.

Nr.13: best OLB or OT available, whoever provides better value

Nr. 26 (from CLE): BPA , but If the OT was not taken at Nr. 13 I take the best one left right there.

2nd rounder: Best young QB available if the Rams like him. Guys like Garoppolo or Boyd should definetely be available there . Maybe even a guy that drops unexpectedly (Carr, Manziel).

3rd round: Nasty guard.

4th (from CLE): cb or S (depending on who they signed in free agency).

4th: Big DT.

Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!1

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
I keep seeing these mocks with OLB..do ppl think Dunbar will walk?? Or do we need someone to beat him out for depth?

dodgerram

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I believe they will let Dunbar go.
But even if they keep it a guy like Barr (who I think however will go before our Nr. 13 pick) would be lethal in the pass rush combined with Quinn, Long, Brockers.

Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
My thoughts are we probably already have Dunbar's replacement on the roster....... (Ray-Ray Armstrong saw quite a few plays down the stretch....) and they want an offseason to "bulk" him up to handle to run game. But that's just my thoughts...... nothing to prove that theory.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I don't get these...

"Cut this guy and save...then go out and sign *insert big name here*"

That still ends up being money stuck in one guy. And one guy doesn't solve everything. I really hope this offseason the FO doesn't bring in these big "splash" signings like Cortland Finnegan or Jared Cook.

Alan

Legend
I'm with you there Angry. I only want to sign Byrd and save the rest of that CAP space to re-sign our own. Like Saffold.