LEGEND My Dog ROCKS!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Dogs are so unbelievable in general. I'm spoiled with two myself, brother and sister since birth. I turned down a job relocation to Irvine, CA and stayed in AZ primarily because of those two. Apartments wouldn't allow dogs of their size let alone I'd never keep them in a crate all day anyway. I've lost a strong near marriage relationship, direct family members, friends and other ex's. However, my dogs have always been there for me when I was down. For that I am forever thankful. Dogs are truly a blessing on this planet and life of mine.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Well said - that they are. Been 7 weeks since losing Rox, and miss her a lot, (way better now though - wounds heal but leave a scar), but I also really miss having a dog.
The hole they leave is huge. They just have a presence that flat makes you a happier person.
Mari's coming along, but a lot slower - hoping we'll get another in the next month or two.
Don't forget the hugs, boys. (y)

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
<<<<<<<< I love my Shepherd...smart...loyal...Loves me, follows me everywhere, she even sits outside the shower when I get ready for work. She's my best friend in the world. Don't leave the butter on the counter though. Her name is Gretchen. She has no bad qualities whatsoever.

I know someday she will be gone, the thought makes me tear up. I wouldn't have a dog for a long time,it's so hard when they pass away.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The pain of saying goodbye is supposed to be cancelled out by the time spent with a pet but I think back on some of my dogs and I can well up wishing they were with me still. I had two great dogs at one time and they made a great duo. One was a Shih Tru and the other a lab. They had so much personality. I had them as pups.

Anymore I find dogs on pets finder to give a home to a lonesome soul. Both of my current dogs are 13 now and the lab is in rough shape with seizures and hip dysphasia. He isn't ready yet but that can change in a hurry. My other dog is deaf.

I have kids now and don't spend enough time with my dogs. I may have to hold off a little before getting another.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...-Blind-Owner-Philadelphia-Fire-320985531.html

Service Dog Saves Blind Owner's Life During House Fire, Dials 911
By David Chang

Yolanda-the-Dog.jpg

A service dog is being hailed a hero after she jumped into action and saved her blind owner’s life by alerting authorities to a house fire in Philadelphia Thursday morning.

The fire started inside a home on the 4300 block of Oakmont Street in the city’s Holmesburg section. Fire officials say the homeowner, a woman in her 60’s who is blind, was inside at the time. The woman’s service dog Yolanda immediately dialed 911 on a specialized phone.

Firefighters responded to the scene and controlled the blaze. The woman was taken to Nazareth Hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.

It wasn’t the first time Yolanda saved her owner’s life. Jen Leary, the founder of the Red Paw Emergency Relief Team, told NBC10 Yolanda also called 911 last year when her owner fell down inside her home and lost consciousness.
Yolanda and her owner were both displaced by the blaze and are being assisted by the Red Paw and the Red Cross.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
So.....you know those emails you get from a bud that you click to open and there's just a bunch of pics that you scroll through.

I just got one with some (I think) very cool photos. How do I put 'em in here, :bueller:

(E x p l a i n v e r y s l o w l y).

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
So.....you know those emails you get from a bud that you click to open and there's just a bunch of pics that you scroll through.

I just got one with some (I think) very cool photos. How do I put 'em in here, :bueller:

The same way you post any pic here. Save those email pics to your pc, go to a free website that hosts images like TinyPic or imgur. Then just do what you normally do when posting an image here. Copy the link, click the little rectangle next to the smiley face above, paste the link and click insert.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Well this thread inspired me to adopt a puppy today. It's a queensland shepherd mix. Really cute little guy and smart too. Only 8 weeks old and already learned the "come" command in one day.

Two young ladies we're going to take him to the pound and I couldn't allow that to happen. I've got a huge yard and plenty of time since I work from home. Hopefully we will have many years of hanging out together.

I'll see if I can get him to pose for a picture tomorrow and post it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

The same way you post any pic here. Save those email pics to your pc, go to a free website that hosts images like TinyPic or imgur. Then just do what you normally do when posting an image here. Copy the link, click the little rectangle next to the smiley face above, paste the link and click insert.
Can't you also just save them to your pc then use the "upload a file" button and choose the picture files you want to upload? Thinking in case he doesn't have an account at an image hosting site.

BTW - I don't think I've ever used that little button next to the smiley face. I just copy and paste pics directly into my post when I take one from the internet. Does the little picture button post copyright info or something?

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well this thread inspired me to adopt a puppy today. It's a queensland shepherd mix. Really cute little guy and smart too. Only 8 weeks old and already learned the "come" command in one day.

Two young ladies we're going to take him to the pound and I couldn't allow that to happen. I've got a huge yard and plenty of time since I work from home. Hopefully we will have many years of hanging out together.

I'll see if I can get him to pose for a picture tomorrow and post it.
Excellent. Good mix too. That is going to be a very smart puppy and the more time you can spend with him the closer you'll get and the more he'll learn. Cool deal Pancake.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
OK. I fucking give up. Tried to quote your post, but I guess there's just some things you cannot do on your phone.

Anyway Pancake, "Good on ya' mate", seeing as how you got a Queensland mix.

That's (gonna' be) one smart dog.

It'll be three months (since losing Rox) when I get home from the Seattle opener, and I'm just going to tell Mari "grieving's over, we're getting another dog".

We'll see how that goes. (Married guys'll get that). I really, really miss her, but also, (and this is "honoring the (previous) dog") don't much like living without one.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
When our last Lab passed, we said we were going to wait a while and go dogless. Two days later the grief was too much and we got another Lab puppy. Nothing makes grieving go away faster than puppy breath.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Puppy Breath

There really is something almost magical about puppy breath. I've always loved it.

Too bad that breath doesn't stay with a dog through it's entire life. My old man schnauzer's breath can burn eyeballs at times.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Well it looks like this little guy might be pretty ill. He's got diarrhea really bad and I noticed his back legs seem to be very weak. So taking him to the vet tomorrow and get him checked out. Sure hope it's nothing serious.

Here is a pic of the little dude.
duke.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well it looks like this little guy might be pretty ill. He's got diarrhea really bad and I noticed his back legs seem to be very weak. So taking him to the vet tomorrow and get him checked out. Sure hope it's nothing serious.

View attachment 9608

Hope he's well and raising hell soon!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

View attachment 9608
Puppies have cantankerous systems. Did you change his food when you got him? Sometimes that is all it takes to set a dog off while he adjusts to the new diet. Dogs have food allergies and other allergies just like people. My Lab is highly allergic to flea bites. One flea can send him over the edge. My last dog was allergic to something in most commercial dog foods.

Either way, I hope it is something normal and the little guy starts shitting solid. :D Cute pup.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
We have him on Hill's puppy food right now. I hope it's just from the stress of a new home. But he is going constantly.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Man - hope he's OK. Cute pup.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Puppy Breath

There really is something almost magical about puppy breath. I've always loved it.

Too bad that breath doesn't stay with a dog through it's entire life. My old man schnauzer's breath can burn eyeballs at times.

You're the one feeding him fish.

What'd you expect?
:ROFLMAO:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
You're the one feeding him fish.

What'd you expect?
:ROFLMAO:

That's funny. So yeah, I'll have to take some of the blame for that I guess :ROFLMAO:

My parrot deserves some of the blame too though. He enjoys feeding our dog too. Whatever the parrot doesn't want... He'll feed it to the dog. And Harley (our schnauzer) is usually right there waiting for his green brother Rasta to feed him. If he's not right there, Rasta will call him over. Our crazy ass dog thinks he loves kiwis and all kinds of fruit and veggies as a result. :LOL: