My day and journey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramon Ram

Starter
Like all of you I'm sure, yesterday was one of the greatest days of our lives as Rams fans. Winning in St Louis was great, but winning for LA was even better. It was along 2 weeks and yesterday was a day that I and we won't ever forget.

I became a Ram fan in 1967 watching the Packers vs Rams game as I have noted many times on this forum. Roman Gabriel has been my favorite Ram ever since. This year I was fortunate enough to attend the game in Lambeau as a bucket list item with my entire family, a total of 9 of us.
My oldest son is a huge Packer fan so he was happy as you would expect. The rough thing for me was we lost the game and my girlfriend and I were the only ones rooting for the Rams even though deep down I felt like she was puling for the Pack, which would be understandable as the stadium tour and their history would make it easy for anyone to want to root for them. What a great trip it was for all, including me and certainly for her 3 boys and my 4 kids. I wore my Roman Gabriel jersey and a ton of classy Packer fans came up to me truly appreciating the jersey and the history between the 2 teams.

It was a long 2 weeks leading up to the Super Bowl and yesterday as I was waiting and watching the 8 1/2 hours of pre game hype, I decided to get a workout in at home. At 2:30 edt I jumped on my lifecycle for 30 mins. Instead of continuing watching the pre game stuff, I popped on the 25 min highlight video of the game that made me a fan. What a great trip down memory lane for me and really brought it all home. Below is the link for anyone who remembers the Game of the week shows back then.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaITHwQPFpo

During the playoff run it has been seasonably cold here in Florida during the Rams playoff games, and I wore my Rams hoodie sweatshirt with all windows open to appreciate the cold weather and relive my days in NY of watching the Rams during the winter months and especially that wonderful game in 1967.

Yesterday I donned the Roman Gabriel jersey for the big game against my better judgement as we were 3-0 with me wearing the hoodie. 2 hours before the game I opened a bottle of red wine and spilled some on my white Gabriel jersey. I calmly threw it in the wash as I had 2 hours before kickoff and pulled on a Kurt Warner St Louis jersey thinking this could be an omen, but stayed with the Gabriel jersey for the game. Right after Higgins ripped Ramsey's face mask for the go ahead score I ripped off the Gabriel jersey and went back to the hoodie and the rest is history.

As the game ended I sent a group text to the other 8 who attended the Rams vs Packers game at Lambeau this year saying the following:
"I'm sure all thought you were witnessing the eventual Super Bowl Champs that day at Lambeau but little did you know. To the tune of that chant you were all doing that day in the stands: Go Rams Go".

Great trip, great day yesterday and great journey of being a Rams fan for me and for all the Rams faithful.

Go Rams Go