My Baby Girl Turns 5 Tomorrow.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
its such an amazing think to know that exactly 5 years tomorrow, my world was born. This little girl is so amazing and makes me so proud every day. I about loaded this thread up with pictures of we but I don't wanna be "that dad". You just wonder, where did the time go. Seems like yesterday I was holding her for the 1st time and now she is starting kindergarten. Amazing.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
its such an amazing think to know that exactly 5 years tomorrow, my world was born. This little girl is so amazing and makes me so proud every day. I about loaded this thread up with pictures of we but I don't wanna be "that dad". You just wonder, where did the time go. Seems like yesterday I was holding her for the 1st time and now she is starting kindergarten. Amazing.
Good for you and happy birthday to your daughter. I have a granddaughter that just turned 4. Hold on to every minuet because time really does move fast. The next thing you know she will be walking a stage wearing a cap and gown. (y)

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I can still remember when mine turned five

Now she's seventeen

Everyone will tell you just how fast time will go , and believe me , their not kidding , seems like just yesterday , she was turning five , then last week she just finished her Junior year in High School , she'll be a Senior now , o_O

The scary part for me is , is that she is now the same age her mother was when I met her , and I know how that turned out , ;)

One word of advice , do take pictures , lots and lots of pictures , later on down the road , you'll be glad you did

birthdays2_zpsltmpajdo.jpg

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Her first day
image.jpg

Her 1st Doughnut
image.jpg

1st time she got to pick sunglasses
image.jpg

3 years old at family get together
image.jpg

Queen Guinivere last Halloween
image.jpg

At my sons Birthday at her Grandmas house
image.jpg

Okay y'all talked me into it lol...I'm just so damn proud.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
My eldest daughter turned 5 in February. She was born 13.5 weeks early and spent 3 months in a neo-natal unit. She weighed 1lb, 10oz when she was born and was only just over 5lb when she was allowed to come home. She was diagnosed with autism at the age of 2 and now goes to a special school.

She makes me proud everyday as she faces a world she doesn't fully understand with a smile on her face (mostly).

My youngest daughter turned 2 a couple of weekends ago and I swear the only time I ever hear her complain is when she can see food but isn't being fed!

Being a parent is the single most frustrating thing you can do but its also the single most rewarding. @El Juggernauto: I say be 'that dad' every single goddam day. If anyone complains then f**k 'em, that's their problem.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
5 going on 15? Yep, probably. Mine turns 14 this September and I don't like it. I want her to be mine forever. But, of course, watching her bloom into the beautiful person she already has become is very rewarding. Sometimes though, I wish I had a pause button. :(

LumberTubs

Name
Phil
5 going on 15? Yep, probably. Mine turns 14 this September and I don't like it. I want her to be mine forever. But, of course, watching her bloom into the beautiful person she already has become is very rewarding. Sometimes though, I wish I had a pause button. :(

I wish I could pause my 2 year old to stop her getting any older cus she's a delight at the moment n I know it won't last forever.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Being a parent is the single most frustrating thing you can do but its also the single most rewarding.

A man doesn't truly know what fear is until he has children. My son, my only child, was born a few days after I turned 40. He was a month early and spent time in the incubator because his temperature wasn't right and he was way underweight.

I was there when he popped out of the womb and I was the first to touch him. After they had him wrapped up I went out in the hallway and cried like a baby. My mother was shaken because she thought he didn't make it. She had never seen me cry since I was a child.

Up until then I had lived like a reckless, wild man. But then everything changed. It all became about him. Keeping him safe and setting a good example. I watched over him like a hawk. Wouldn't go to sleep at night until he had fallen asleep first. The first two years neither my wife or I ever slept through the night, not once.

I moved us from San Jose, CA to Maryland the day after he turned three because I felt it wasn't a safe place for him to grow up(ironically a couple of years ago, he and his wife moved to California).

I homeschooled him and we were best friends. Taught him how to play guitar and turned him on to all the music that was out there. Then around age 15 I became the enemy. Someone who stood in his way and didn't understand him. His door was always closed and when I went in to see him he would give me that look. It's normal for teenagers to do that but it broke my heart.

Today he's 24 and has a wife, two dogs and a cat. He has two Bachelor's degrees and is going for a Master's degree because he wants to teach in college. He calls me once a week. It all went by in the blink of an eye and I miss those days when he was a little boy greatly but am grateful for the experience of having raised him.

Thanks for the pics everyone. If you have little children, enjoy every minute of it because it goes by faster than you can imagine.

Hey Jugg...show her this pic and wish her a happy birthday from the folks at ROD. :)

gPuFt6G.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Fathers of daughters should receive automatic Sainthood if you ask me. The man upstairs knew what he was doing when he gave me 3 sons and no daughters... cause I would want to kill any guy who even looked at her. Hahahaha

I'm serious.

Happy Birthday to your daughter Juggs.

I have a 21 year old and 17 year old twins. The oldest @Ramrasta posts here often and is a Junior at UCF... an engineering student. My twins just finished their Junior year of HS. Nothing means more to me than my boys. I'm so proud of them.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Fathers of daughters should receive automatic Sainthood if you ask me. The man upstairs knew what he was doing when he gave me 3 sons and no daughters... cause I would want to kill any guy who even looked at her. Hahahaha

I'm serious.

I have a 21 year old and 17 year old twins. The oldest @Ramrasta posts here often and is a Junior at UCF... an engineering student. My twins just finished their Junior year of HS. Nothing means more to me than my boys. I'm so proud of them.
And fine boys (young men) they are but one of them has a pretty frigged up fandom going on. You converted him yet George?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
And fine boys (young men) they are but one of them has a pretty frigged up fandom going on. You converted him yet George?

Hahahahaha

No,,, we still force that colt fan twin to sleep outside.

Thanks Bo. They really are outstanding young men. All of them are A+ students in all AP classes. Oh, and that sorry ass colt fan just aced his SAT.

LumberTubs

Name
Phil
A man doesn't truly know what fear is until he has children. My son, my only child, was born a few days after I turned 40. He was a month early and spent time in the incubator because his temperature wasn't right and he was way underweight.

I was there when he popped out of the womb and I was the first to touch him. After they had him wrapped up I went out in the hallway and cried like a baby. My mother was shaken because she thought he didn't make it. She had never seen me cry since I was a child.

Up until then I had lived like a reckless, wild man. But then everything changed. It all became about him. Keeping him safe and setting a good example. I watched over him like a hawk. Wouldn't go to sleep at night until he had fallen asleep first. The first two years neither my wife or I ever slept through the night, not once.

I moved us from San Jose, CA to Maryland the day after he turned three because I felt it wasn't a safe place for him to grow up(ironically a couple of years ago, he and his wife moved to California).

I homeschooled him and we were best friends. Taught him how to play guitar and turned him on to all the music that was out there. Then around age 15 I became the enemy. Someone who stood in his way and didn't understand him. His door was always closed and when I went in to see him he would give me that look. It's normal for teenagers to do that but it broke my heart.

Today he's 24 and has a wife, two dogs and a cat. He has two Bachelor's degrees and is going for a Master's degree because he wants to teach in college. He calls me once a week. It all went by in the blink of an eye and I miss those days when he was a little boy greatly but am grateful for the experience of having raised him.

Thanks for the pics everyone. If you have little children, enjoy every minute of it because it goes by faster than you can imagine.

Hey Jugg...show her this pic and wish her a happy birthday from the folks at ROD. :)

gPuFt6G.jpg

I was the most chilled out, laid back person before my eldest came along. I still am in regard to other aspects of my life but when it comes to my girls I'll always be different.

Its like having a split personality. Its the instinct to be protective of them that causes it I think.

LumberTubs

Name
Phil

I'm serious.

My own two are too young to do the whole angry dad routine scaring prospective boyfriends but it'll come. I've got a 14 year old stepdaughter as well (I'm heavily outnumbered) so it'll come sooner than I expected

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My own two are too young to do the whole angry dad routine scaring prospective boyfriends but it'll come. I've got a 14 year old stepdaughter as well (I'm heavily outnumbered) so it'll come sooner than I expected

I have a sister who is 6 years younger than me so when she was hitting her teens I was off at college. I missed out on the boyfriends for the most part which is a good thing. My Dad ,however, almost went insane...

He actually set up a secret security system just for her room... not to make sure boyfriends couldn't get in there... it was designed to make sure my sis couldn't get out.

He often would clean firearms in front of her friends. With a mean look at all times.

I remember coming home from school for a Christmas break one year. My sister's boyfriend came over. My Dad walks into the living room and sets up his video camera on a tripod facing them on the couch. He turned it on and told them, "I'm watching you at all times"... and then just walked out with a scowl. Hahahahahahahahaaaaaa

LumberTubs

Name
Phil
I have a sister who is 6 years younger than me so when she was hitting her teens I was off at college. I missed out on the boyfriends for the most part which is a good thing. My Dad ,however, almost went insane...

He actually set up a secret security system just for her room... not to make sure boyfriends couldn't get in there... it was designed to make sure my sis couldn't get out.

He often would clean firearms in front of her friends. With a mean look at all times.

I remember coming home from school for a Christmas break one year. My sister's boyfriend came over. My Dad walks into the living room and sets up his video camera on a tripod facing them on the couch. He turned it on and told them, "I'm watching you at all times"... and then just walked out with a scowl. Hahahahahahahahaaaaaa

The part about cleaning firearms is priceless. I'd love to do that but it would get me in much more trouble over here than it would in the States.

I reckon answering the door to them while wearing a blood spattered apron and holding a meat cleaver is the next best thing

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

I'm serious.

My daughter just went through her first big break up about two months back , first I should say , both my wife and I like the boy and have known him for quite some time , and I guess it was just one of those things that didn't work out , so even though I tried to pretend to be the sympathetic father , there was a big part of me that was grinning from ear to ear , :snicker:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Have you dropped her off at Kindergarten yet? If not, get ready for the most heartbreaking thing you can do. My daughter and I were (and still are) SUPER close. I spent nearly every waking moment with that girl from the time she was born until her first day of Kindergarten. Tellin' ya, that first day was absolute torture. Not as much that I had to let her go, but the fact that she didn't want to leave me and started crying. I had to let the teacher bring her in as I walked away, and all I heard was, "Noooo! I want my daddy!"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEJ7fQGBFKs