My Austin Davis Predictions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Remember these?...

Well, I knew this was going to be a Vikes blowout and that Hill would get injured. I predicted a 34 - 3 score. I thought about posting this on THursday, but didn't want to seem like a downer. THe good news is that I also predict that Davis will be our starting qb this year, and he'll play very very well, and be a huge positive surprise.

Before the season opener I predicted Hills injury, and I also predicted that Davis will be a rock star for us at QB this season. We shall see.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I always liked Davis, always thought he needed a consistent chance to show his stuff, now I think we'll see that. I definitely hope he gets the next start, whether or not Hill is ready to go.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I still have concerns, but no way do I throw water on his great day.

Hats off to Mr. Davis. Well done!

V3

Hall of Fame
Wasn't really blown away by Davis in preseason the past two years, especially considering he was going against 3rd stringers, but today he really upped his game. He looked really good. I was very impressed with how much he improved from week one to today. The stuff I did see that was bad was little stuff that I expect from a young QB and think it's relatively easy to fix. Davis actually has me excited about the season again.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
He played within Shotty's system, and Shotty put him in good position to be successful today. We still need to clean up blocking schemes/O-Line play, which will make him even more effective. I think the team will rally around his emotion and it could be a good kick start for winning games this year. I don't see Hill adding much more other than experience to the position. We have a huge game with the cowgirls next week at home. I say he starts next week and we go into the bye week 2-1 riding the Davis "Wave!"

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
That just totally kills any trade rumors for a guy like Cousins (RG3 injury anyways). Great game and his mobility opens up possibilities that were absent with Bradford and Hill for the most part. Moving the pocket showed how effective Davis is rolling out.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Don'tforget tto mention he can sell a run fake something I was never impressede with from bradford

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You're right for one game. I hope you're right for 14 more!
He's going to be a major surprise, and play through the entire season for us. I actually don't think we'll draft a QB in the offseason, and Davis will compete with Sam next yr.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
internet_high_five_place_hand_here_right_480x444_re_comics_10-s480x444-94262-580.jpg

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
He's going to be a major surprise, and play through the entire season for us. I actually don't think we'll draft a QB in the offseason, and Davis will compete with Sam next yr.

Damn, now you're getting bold!

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler

Austin Davis will have to absolutely ball in order for any of the last two things you mentioned to happen.

RamWoodie

Legend
Really? I always felt like Bradford sold the play-action beautifully.
Ditto! That's the last thing I ever worried about with Bradford. Sam would anger me when He wouldn't use his mobility. He prefers staying in the pocket.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Austin Davis will have to absolutely ball in order for any of the last two things you mentioned to happen.
I predict that that is exactly what will happen.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Damn, now you're getting bold!
Yeah, I'm feelin' it for this kid.... pretty much within a few days after Sam got injured. I really hope I'm right.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I thought he was excellent last night. He was doing a bit of everything against a pass rush that was better than I was expecting (based on bucs fans own comments).

Let's see how he does next week before we anoint him as the starter for the whole season though

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kid can play and has mobility, which allows him extend the plays while the receivers get open. We don't have that with Hill. Only 1 game, but we typically lose this game and he somehow pulled a rabbit out of his hat. He throws it away when necessary and steps up in the pocket like Aaron Rodgers. He gives us hope.