My 4-5 Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Fire: Fisher
Hire: Hue Jackson
Projected cap: $150m
Projected Rams cap: $112m

Cut:
Nick Foles, saves $0.75m
Jared Cook, saves $5.7m
Kenny Britt, saves $4.85m

Projected cap space: $49.3m

Re-sign:
Janoris Jenkins, 5 years, $65m ($13m first year)
Trumaine Johnson, 4 years, $20m ($5m first year)
Tim Barnes, 3 years, $4m ($1.5m first year)
Rodney McLeod, 3 years, $7m ($2.5m first year)
Cory Harkey, 2 years, $3m ($1.5m first year)
Greg Zuerlein, 4 years, $12m ($3m first year)
Mark Barron, 3 years, $7m ($2.5m first year)

Sign:
Alshon Jeffery, 4 years, $60m ($17.8m first year)

Should leave us with around $2.5m in cap space.

Draft:
(all draft positions are based on current standings, and the CBS prospect rankings)

The Rams trade picks 17 and 48 (Eagles) to whoever is picking 9th or 10th (currently the Texans and Saints)

1st round, pick 9 the St. Louis Rams select:
Jared Goff, QB, California

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEGafktM5r4

or alternatively:
Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State

We desperately need a starting quality QB, so we take the spoilers of the Bradford trade along with our first round pick to go and get one, hopefully Goff is still available at 9, with Lynch already off the board, but if not Connor Cook has the potential for Jackson to work with.

2nd round, pick 50, the St. Louis Rams select:
Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSh6yeGjWs8

Having cut Britt, and let Quick walk the WR corps is still in need of a 3rd WR to complement Austin and Jeffery, Boyd has the height, weight and speed needed to be a number 1 WR in the NFL, but more importantly he has the route running ability and has experience in a pro style O.

3rd round, pick 83, the St. Louis Rams select:
Antonio Morrison, ILB, Florida

View: https://youtu.be/-Sf2qpJVwxM?t=39s

The long term successor to James Laurinaitis (long term being 2017 onward) has the size, speed and intelligence needed for the position, did tear his knee in January's bowl game, but was back in time for fall practice and hasn't been an issue so far.

4th round, pick 107, the St. Louis Rams select:
Anthony Zettel, DE, Penn State

Anthony-Zettel-Penn-State-Father.jpg

Having lost both Hayes and Sims to FA and Long not getting any younger we need depth at the position.

6th round, pick 173, BPA

Starting lineup:
QB: Jared Goff
RB: Todd Gurley
TE: Lance Kendricks
WR: Alshon Jeffery
WR: Tavon Austin
WR: Tyler Boyd
LT: Greg Robinson
LG: Rodger Saffold
C: Tim Barnes
RG: Jamon Brown
RT: Rob Havenstein

DE: Chris Long
DE: Robert Quinn
DT: Michael Brockers
DT: Aaron Donald
MLB: James Laurinaitis
LB: Akeem Ayers
LB: Alec Ogletree
CB: Janoris Jenkins
CB: Trumaine Johnson
S: TJ McDonald
S: Rodney Mcleod

Disclaimer: Just one scenario, as unlikely to happen as 90% of the scenarios and more unlikely than the other 10% at this time of year.

Stel

Starter
1. You need about $8 mil of cap room to sign draft picks. You wouldn't have the money to do that.
2. I think Johnson, McLeod, and Barron will cost more than you do.
3. You still need a TE, a rotational DE, and a rotational DT and you don't have the money left to do so.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
1. You need about $8 mil of cap room to sign draft picks. You wouldn't have the money to do that.
3. You still need a TE, a rotational DE, and a rotational DT and you don't have the money left to do so.

Good point, completely slipped my mind, will have to re-calculate :(.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love the mock. Great call on Hue Jackson. Think some of the values are slightly off but no big deal. Love the first two picks. I don't see Morrison going in the 3rd round. I see him as a mid to late Day 3 guy at this point due to his injury last year.

Nah. You need around $5 million to $6 million to sign draft picks. But $8 million is a good call so you have a couple million left over for the season. But that's doable if you restructure Chris Long...which has to happen.

I highly doubt Alshon Jeffery hits FA so that solves the money problem. I also think we can survive with Kendricks as the starting TE.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Any mock that has us getting a 1st round QB (Other than Cook), Boyd and Hue Jackson as HC is gonna get huge thumbs up from me

Unless of course Case Keenum lights it up the rest of the year and leads us to the playoffs.....

th

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Any mock that has us getting a 1st round QB (Other than Cook), Boyd and Hue Jackson as HC is gonna get huge thumbs up from me

Unless of course Case Keenum lights it up the rest of the year and leads us to the playoffs.....

th

Even then, I think I'd still want them to invest in a QB of the future in the draft. Unless Mannion lights it up. :eek: